Linda Vista

Beginning of our Adventure

Chapter 1:

Beginning of our Adventure

(1-1)

Jen Ledger hit the button on the huge stereo in her living room, making the loud music flow into the air. She turned up the volume to the maximum level that it seemed like the whole place was shaking. She was too indulged in the sound of her favorite band; Pink Floyd, that she couldn't hear the persistent knock on her door. She twirled happily, humming the words of the song.

Jen entered the bathroom, picking up the toothbrush and applying the minty toothpaste onto it, she brushed her teeth, still humming the melody quietly. After she was sure that her teeth were sparkling, she spat the foamy paste into the sink, and rinsed her mouth clean.

As the song ended, Jen turned off the stereo and that's when she heard the violent knocks on her door, and the sound of someone calling her name. She hurried to the door, after unlocking the silver chain; she pulled it open only to see a very peeved Jared Leto.

"For once, I would like you to open the door as soon as I knock and not leave me hanging for fifteen minutes!" Jared quipped angrily making Jen smile sheepishly.

"Sorry for that, I had the volume turned on a bit too high" Jen explained.

"Yeah… a bit. I could hear it from the end of the street! The whole building was shaking with the dulcet sounds of your singing" He countered, moving into the house without waiting for an invitation.

"Why please, do come in!" Jen said sarcastically and closed the door. "Is there a reason to why you've graced me with a visit?"

"I wanted to go somewhere… to collect information about a patient who had undergone MK Ultra, and I was just wondering if you want to come?" Jared explicated.

"Oh and that somewhere…?" Jen queried

"That place is a library, and I hope that you would come" He said it with a poker face.

"Cool, that sounds fun; are we going to search for documents?" Jen wondered.

"Yeah we are" Jared replied

"Okay then, I guess it would be awesome. Anyway since you are here, how about lunch?" Jen asked.

"Love to." Jared moved to the dining room, and sat on the chair of the dinner table. Jen moved behind the counter and started grabbing ingredients for a veggie soup. Normally, she preferred meat, but since Jared was a vegetarian, it would only seem right to lay off meat while she was with him.

"Need some help?" Jared called from across the room.

"It'd do me a lot better if you don't help." She called back "But thanks for the offer."

It was no secret that Jared was absolutely awful in the kitchen. Just dreadful.

After half an hour, the veggie soup was done; Jen poured the veggie soup in Jared's favorite bowl. She got out from the kitchen holding the bowl carefully. She placed it in front of him.

"Thanks.” Jared picked his spoon and started eating carefully, but as then he realized that Jen just sat across of him daydreaming with nothing in hand, “Aren't you going to eat?" He asked her.

"I ate earlier before." Jen responded.

Soon as he finished, they exited the building and headed towards Jared's car. Once they both were buckled up, Jen countered "We're not going to the library, are we?"

Jared smirked "You're smart after all, Ledger." And with that, he started the ignition and hit the pedals.

(After two hours)

It was dark, Jared Leto and Jennifer Ledger were unable to see objects, only darker and lighter shades of black, the car hurled its way among the stones and sticks, making it a bumpy ride for the two rock stars.

Jen was feeling nervous, she could feel tight knots making their way to her stomach which made her feel nauseous, she huffed which caught Jared's attention "You feeling okay?"

Jen nodded "yeah, just a little nervous."

When they finally reached their destination, as darkness filled the atmosphere, the only feeling they had was fear, except that Jared found it interesting. Jen whispered afraid that some soul might here her, “Why did you bring us to hell?”

Jared laughed under his breath, “Hell? This is fascinating! I can’t believe that I’ve never considered coming here. Oh, and Jen, please try to stay calm, we don’t know what we’re going to find in this hell as you described it”

Jen nodded silently as she cursed him and this place under her breath, to hell you bring us Jared… To hell.

They began taking slow steps towards the graveyard, How stupid walking in a graveyard where there is a big possibility that we get killed in- A voice interrupted Jen’s thoughts, when she saw two dark figures approaching them.

She clutched on Jared tightly afraid.

As the dark figures walked in front of them, they realized that it was a normal dude just hanging out with a girl that Jen assumed that the figures were; Hayley Williams, the rocker that beat everyone with how badass her songs are, and Matthew Bellamy, the craziest of all.

“Hello! Jared, is that you?” Matt shouted out loud with a big smile on his face expecting the man in front of him to be as happy as he is to see him, but his conclusions were as the only response he got was a big “AGH.. dear lord”

Suddenly they heard a girly scream, not after a long time they noticed that it came from the cry-baby Rockstar who was rocking himself on the ground with tears falling faster than Niagara Falls; Matt.

“Please, stop it DUDE!” Hayley fell on the ground bursting from laughter, “I can’t! Matty-baby-girl what happened?”

Matthew was crying like hell, he felt like he could die after seeing what he just saw, am I dreaming?.. all he could see was black, while he felt like his heart could burst out of his chest, with how fast it was racing.

“Williams. That was very inappropriate of you” Jared’s eyes locked with Hayley’s when she lowered her head in an apologetic manner, as he placed his right hand on his forehead and started shaking his head in a Why do humans think everything is a joke, “Bellamy, could you please tell me what’s wrong?” he continued.

“IT WAS RIGHT THERE! I SWEAR, I SAW A SOMEONE STARING AT ME! BUT IT WASN’T HUMAN. IT WAS A SOUL!!!” Matt began as every word he spoke was followed with a strong inhale.

“We came here to complete our mission, which is to search documents, so we need everyone to cooperate. Anyone who doesn’t want to continue with this, just speak up.” Jen interrupted the stupid chat between the dudes to talk about something more important.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Hope you like it! If you think my writing wasn't quite good, I promise you that I will write better in the next chapter (WHICH WOULD BE A COOL CHAPTER)