Blood Stains on the Stage

You Better Get Me Home Before the Sun Comes Up

"Do I have to go?" Andy sighed, standing outside the bar, the neon sign flickering. Jake rolled his eyes.
"Yes, go." He shoved him to the door. Andy looked at it and bit his lip, hesitantly entering in. He was immediately hit by the overwhelming smell of liquor, smoke, sweat and obnoxiously strong colognes and perfumes. The lights flashed all round the club, lighting up corners and the faces of hookers, sleazy men, and whoever else happened to be lurking around.
"Didn't expect to see you here again..." A silky smooth, yet shy voice caught his attention. Andy turned, looking at the stripper from the night before.
"Oh... Hey- yeah. Yeah I'm here." He laughed awkwardly. He normally wasn't a very anxious person but... Something about the way Ashley looked at him made his knees buckle... "What's up?"
"Not much... Just finished my shift." Ashley leaned on the bar counter with an exasperated sigh. "I was gonna change and get a few drinks before getting the hell outta here."
Andy smiled faintly, looking him over. Ashley was flawlessly tan and seemed to glow under the neon strobe lights of the club. His lips were still stained a cherry red, his hair teased and slightly messy from the dance. Ashley noticed his stare and snapped his fingers with a subtle roll of the eyes.
"Hello? Earth to Andy?"
Andy blinked. "Oh- oh I'm sorry." He blushed, although it was hardly noticeable in the horrible lighting. "You were saying?"
"I asked if you wouldn't mind waiting here while I changed..." He raised an eyebrow. Andy nodded, sitting down on a stool. He ordered a Sea-Dew and sipped on it while he waited. He was too lost in his own world by this point in the evening, eyes fixed on the drink, to notice that Ashley had returned. He startled at the sound of someone speaking beside him.
"Oh.. It's you."
"Did I scare you?" Ashley grinned with amusement. "Boo." Andy rolled his eyes and ignored the statement. He took a moment to observe the skinny jeans, sneakers and black hoodie replacing the lace, mini skirt and heels. Ashley noticed and sighed heavily. "I know, I know... I don't look as attractive. I look like a homeless guy."
"What? No! I didn't say that-" he stopped. "You look fine. I... Actually like this a lot better." He amended. Ashley smiled, blushing faintly.
"Thank you... So, Andy.. Why are you back? You didn't seem to keen on being around last time." Ashley leaned towards him with curiosity, honey brown eyes boring into him for an answer.
"My friend- Jake, made me. He said i wouldn't regret it. That's really it..." He sighed with a shrug. "I'm not a party guy... I like to stay in, maybe with a couple friends, a few drinks and just.. Sit back. All the loud music and bright lights give me a headache. Too many people, too." He grimaced. Ashley nodded slowly and got up, taking his hand after downing the last of his drink.
"Well, let's leave then." He smiled and maneuvered through a sea of people, all reeking of alcohol and sweat and smoke, to the exit. Andy let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding and inhaled a large breath of fresh air. He looked around. This must have been the back way out... He didn't recognize it. He then realized Ashley was still walking and jogged up beside him. "Where are we going?"
"I just thought you'd want to get out of there as soon as possible, so... I didn't really think of a place..." Ashley frowned. "It's late, anyways. I best get home. What time is it, exactly?"
"I'll check..." Andy pulled his phone from his back pocket and turned it on. "Like... Almost twelve.. Why?"
"Twelve?! Shit! Jinxx is gonna be so pissed! I'm supposed to be back by 11:30!" Ashleys eyes widened
"Jinxx?" Andy blinked. "No way... Dude, I think my friend Jake knows him."
Ashley furrowed his brow, obviously not understanding.
"Oh no way, man... Ashley, Jake and Jinxx know each other! They're trying to set us up!" He groaned. "I've told him so many times I can get a boyfriend whenever I want..."
Ashley frowned and looked at his hands, silent. The full moon in the dark blue sky cast over the quiet downtown area, making the gross alleyway a bit more bearable and serene.
"What's wrong...?" Andy worried. Ashley shook his head.
"Nothing. It's nothing..." He mumbled, turning on his heel. "Trying to set us up, huh...? Jesus... Jinxx should know that wouldn't work."
"What do you mean?" Andy laughed quietly.
"who would date a stripper?" Ashley muttered, walking again.
"I.. Would." Andy sighed. Ashley scoffed dryly and didn't respond. "Uh... Hey! What did the cat say to the other cat?" He bit his lip. He always used cheesy jokes to lighten moods.
"Huh?" Ashley rolled his tongue against the inside of his cheek.
"You're purrrrrfect." Andy rolled the 'r' and nudged him slightly with a laugh. Ashley cracked a small smile and looked up at him.
"You're such a dork... that was cute, but you're still a dork."
"Aw, cmon!" Andy whined. "I am so not."
"You're a total fanboy. Admit it." Ashley rolled his eyes.
"Am not!"
"I saw your wallet at the bar. Batman logo. I saw your phone case. Batman logo. I can see your shirt. It's a batman logo. You have three batman tattoos on your arm." Ashley deadpanned. "Admit it. You're a batman fanboy, dork." He smirked deviously, poking his chest with an accusing finger playfully. Andy pouted and crossed his arms.
"this is why I stay home. My cat never makes fun of me." He mumbled.
"Dork." Ashley said again and skipped around the corner. Andy sighed and followed after him.
They walked for a while, talking and laughing. Andy actually really liked Ashley... He was sweet. Not at all what he imagined him to be like.
Andy stopped him. "Wanna exchange numbers?"
Ashley gave him a puzzled look before taking his phone out. He looked... Taken by surprise almost. Andy took his own out and traded, adding his contact. They switched back.
"Hold on. Contact picture." Andy grinned and pulled him into the frame of the camera, taking a selfie with him. "Aw... Don't you look cute."
Ashley smiled a little and took one with his own phone, setting it as the picture.
"Hey... If you're not busy, we should got to a movie or something tomorrow. Maybe even get some lunch-"
Ashleys smile suddenly faded and he shook his head.
"No, no thanks... But I appreciate the offer. Maybe another time." He sighed. "I should get going. Jinxx will throw a fit if the sun is up before I'm back." Ashley laughed lightly, giving Andy a gentle hug. Andy hugged back, nodding.
"Ok.. I'll see you later, then." He frowned. Ashley nodded and began walking away. "Ashley!" Andy suddenly shouted. Ashley looked over his shoulder.
"Call me sometime..." He smiled softly. Ashley smiled back.
"I'll do that." He giggled and disappeared around a corner. Andy sighed quietly to himself and went home. He changed into some pajamas and practically passed out in bed.
The next morning, Andy showered and got dressed. He planned to get Ashleys address from Jake. He wanted to see him again... It was weird, actually. Andy hadn't felt this way in a long time. He hadn't felt the butterflies in his stomach, or the sudden rush of adrenaline in so long... He hadn't realized how much he missed it, though.
Andy texted Jake frantically in effort to get an address. Well... He could just call Ashley and ask... But he wanted it to be a surprise. Wow, how lame did that sound? He had just met him two days ago and was already paying him surprise visits. Geez.
Andy finally got a reply from Jake and scribbled down the address. He wasted no time in pulling on his converse and rushing to his car. When he arrived, he parked on the curb, taking a minute to check the address again. Was this Ashley's house...? The windows were covered by dark curtains, the paint was peeling a little on the houses exterior, any sort of flower that might have been planted in the flower beds were taken over by weeds and were wilted... He wasn't surprised if he didn't make much being a stripper- but Jake said he was living with Jinxx guy... The least they should be able to do was cut the grass. It was odd.
After double checking and triple checking, he got out, locked his car and bit his lip. He looked around. This house stood out like a sore thumb... All the others were freshly painted, grass freshly cut, brightly bloomed flowers... Wow.
He took a deep breath and knocked.