Two Doors Down

Hogwarts Express

Draco and I had been trying our hardest to limit our time together in order to put an end to any suspicions that Blaise may or may not have. We had taken to limiting our encounters to about once or twice a month rather than once or twice a week. Currently, Draco and I were snuggled together on a messy bed in the Room of Requirement. I assumed he knew where it was thanks to all the time he spent looking for it while he was trying to end Dumbledore’s Army.

My head was on his chest as I listened to his calm heartbeats. He had one hand behind his head and the other was gently playing with my long black hair. I would kill to have more peaceful moments like this with Draco. But, we would be going home for the holidays today and that meant that I would soon have to seriously reevaluate this relationship when Blaise gave me a promise ring in a week.

“What are you thinking about?” Draco asked me since a rare moment of silence had fallen over the two of us.

I debated with myself for a few moments, unsure if I should actually tell him the truth. In the end, I decided that I had nothing to be ashamed of. After all, I was definitely allowed to think about my boyfriend.

“I was thinking about Blaise.” I whispered, making Draco scoff.

“Well, I guess I’ll just pretend that doesn’t hurt.” He said, making me roll my eyes a bit since I knew that he wasn’t serious.

“I was just thinking about the promise ring and that whole ceremony. I don’t know if I should be nervous or not.”

“I don’t know if this is going to help at all, but the ring is absolutely beautiful.”

His words surprised me and I sat up a bit so that I was able to look down at him, obviously confused. He chuckled slightly and pulled my body closer towards his once again.

“He asked me to help him pick it out.” He explained, surprising me even more.

“Wow. I’m surprised that you were able to do that.” I pecked his lips softly, “I feel like I should be proud of you.”

“I’m surprised that you’re able to form coherent sentences considering the fact that you were screaming and shaking just a few minutes ago.” He teased, leaning in and ling at my neck just enough to earn a reaction out of me, “Besides, I didn’t really have an excuse to not help him pick out the ring.”

I rolled my eyes playfully and decided to change the subject to something that wouldn’t cause me to have nightmares or internal conflicts for the neck few days. Our eyes met again and I could practically feel my body melting against his.

“What time do we have to get back to the common room?” I asked him quietly since I knew that we probably had to leave the safety of this room sooner rather than later.

Draco and I woke up around four just so we would be able to squeeze in some time together before everyone else woke up when we realized that we probably wouldn’t be able to do anything close to this while we were away from the hidden nooks and cranes of Hogwarts. So, Draco checked his watch and sighed.

“About fifteen minutes ago.” He said simply, making my eyes widen before we both slid off of the bed.

Then, it was a race to get to the common room before Blaise came down and saw that we weren’t there. As usual, got lucky and arrived around the same time that Crabbe and Goyle were getting everyone’s trunks out of their rooms. Once my loving boyfriend saw me, he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me sweetly.

“Are you excited for the ceremony next week?” he asked me while looking down since I was shorter than he was.

“Should I be excited?” I teased as I traced patterns onto his broad chest with my fingertips.

“Draco helped me pick the ring and it is amazing.” Blaise said, making me smile happily since I knew for a fact that both of them had impeccable taste.

Just a few moments later, we were all aboard the Hogwarts Express once more. I sat beside Blaise while Draco and Brittany were on the other side. In another world, they would have made an attractive couple. I slid my legs over so that they were on top of Blaise’s lap. His hands were resting innocently on my upper thigh while his fingertips traced small patterns onto my leg. I looked away from my nails to see Draco glaring daggers at the hand that Blaise had on my body. It must have annoyed him considering the fact that his hands were on the exact same spot less than six hours ago.

“You two are so cute,” Brittany said to Blaise and I sweetly, going along with the charade despite the fact that she knew the truth, “I hope I can find something like that.”

“Oh, but you can too, Warren. All you need is parents with impressive connections and a trust fund that is only activated after marriage.” Draco said to my best friend in a joking tone, making Brittany and I roll our eyes in unison despite the fact that Blaise had erupted into a fit of laughter.

“Haven’t you heard, Draco,” I began to say to him, “My lovely redheaded friend here already has a boyfriend.”

Brittany’s eyes widened and she groaned since she already knew where I was going with this. Since the last Quidditch Game where we last spoke about it, more and more people knew the truth about her relationship with Seamus Finnagan. I just doubted that there were many Slytherins in that elite group of people.

“You do?” Blaise questioned in a confused tone since this was the first that he had heard of it, “Well, who is he?”

“Finnigan.” She mumbled beneath her breath, barely loud enough for them to hear.

Their eyes went wide and the duo decided to spend a majority of the train ride back to the station lovingly and playfully teasing their friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so happy to announce that I have a new and amazing Draco Malfoy fic which you can find here

If you like one, you will definitely like the other and I would love to get some more comments on both!!!