‹ Prequel: The Everetts.
Sequel: St Jude.
Status: hiatus

Ghost Town.

Andromeda.

four years ago


I can't breathe.

My lungs burn and my legs ache as I run, run as fast as I can towards the flashing red and blue lights, run towards the river.
My feet slip in the mud, the rain making my hair stick to my face and soaking my clothes.

All I can think is: 'Please. Dear God, please.'

I hear someone behind me, calling my name, but I don't listen. Nor do I listen when the policemen put up their hands. I can see their lips move, but all I hear is white noise.

They try to stop me and I struggle, trying to see and praying it isn't her.

My eyes fall on a still form on the ground, a blanket covering it. A small arm covered with a soaked green sweater is all that is revealed.

I can't fucking breathe.

No, it's not possible. It can't be. Not her, not her.

Familiar warm hands grab my shoulders, attempting to pull me away. I fight him, but then I freeze and all the world stops dead.

A golden bracelet around it's tiny wrist is what breaks my heart. I feel my stomach sink and bile rise. My chest burns.

I fall to my knees, the ground cold and damp underneath me.

Suddenly, the air fills with screams: heartbreaking, agonizing screams.

It's only later that Jacob tells me they were coming from me.