Lone Wolf.

Refuge.

Her body was flush on top of mine, resting on my chest as she snored softly. I sigh and cupped her cheek while I wonder how she could be so becoming in the morning. Her tousled black hair was scattered across her back. She was naked aside from the ruffled sheets that she'd wrapped around herself. I wrap my arms around her, tracing the smooth curve of her back. Holding her like this made the warm hum and serenity spread throughout my body. I'd be content if I could do this forever; not go anywhere and just stay right here.
Her cheek smushes into my chest as she turns her head, mewling softly. My lips brush against her forehead as I cup her bum. "Wake up, sunshine. The sky needs you."
Serena groans, lifting her head slowly as she raises her droopy eyes. "That was so cheesy I think I just became lactose intolerant."
I throw my head back with a laugh before swooping down to kiss her. She smiles against my lips, cupping my jaw. Leaving small pecks down my chin, she sits up as she holds the sheets against her body and stares down at me.
"What?" I mutter.
"Nothing," she giggles, dipping back down and letting her mouth come down on mine. My arms slowly loop around her, taken by surprise by her good mood. Her moan vibrates against my lips as her hands go into my hair. I lean up gently as I press our bodies together, moving my hands south to clutch her waist through the sheets. She giggles again and I sigh. "What's gotten into you?" I chuckle, her lips running along my jaw.
"Besides you?" she mumbles and grabs my hair as she would my muzzle. "Nothing, wolf boy."
I growl playfully before rolling on top of her, her laugh music to my ears. I start kissing down her neck and she tries to turn her head to meet me in a kiss, but I hold her chin to continue my trail down her olive skin. She hums happily as I move back up to her lips at last. Nothing felt rushed this time around, and I think it had to do with the fact that we'd gotten our frustrations out of the way. I felt relaxed and happy and we could take things as slowly as we wanted.
My fingertips dance up the inside of her thighs and along her hip under the covers. I wanted to commit every bump and curve of her body to memory.
Her breath feels warm against my skin, like the water at the lake on a sunny day. I felt like a pebble in her waters, feeble and puny and forever deep in her depths.
I nibble on her ear and she giggles. "Johnnn."
"Hmm," I mumble, making my way down to her chest. I push away the sheets and her hands as I pepper kisses down between the valley of her breasts. She sucks in a breath as I part her legs, not missing the way she tenses up.
"I'm not going to do anything," I murmur. "I just want to touch you."
She groans, tugging lightly on my hair. "Why not?"
"Because that didn't go so well last time."
"That doesn't mean you have to be so careful with me," she says softly and I meet her eyes. I let my hands move up to lock with hers before capturing her lips in a deep long kiss. She whimpers as I move away, holding her gaze for a moment until I swoop down to explore her neck. Her scent filled my nostrils and I have to resist biting into her skin. I snarl softly, moving down to her chest. My hands release hers as I scoot down and remove the sheets completely.
"Let me make it up to you anyway," I mutter, leaning down to attach my lips to her waist. Serena groans as I move all along her belly and her hips. I take my time reaching her thighs, leaving soft wet kisses on each one. Even then, I move deliberately slow, panting as I nip at her skin. It took all of me not to sink my teeth into them, to suck and bite away at them until they were covered with marks.
It's not until I hear her labored breathing and look up that I feel my gaze grow dark. Her hands were gripping her pillow as she but down hard on her lip.
I swirl my tongue up the inside of her thigh before swiftly moving onto the other, latching onto her skin and humming. I meet her eyes before biting down, causing her to moan and arch off the bed. I grab a hold of her hips as I pull away, kissing where I'd just bitten. "You okay, baby?"
She nods and I swallow thickly, my mouth watering at her glistening juices and intoxicating scent. Having her this close made my head whirl.
With a sly wink, I dive down, burying and losing myself between her legs. She cries out deliciously, the blood pounding in my ears as I lash my tongue, lapping and tasting every part of her. Her soft moans spur me on as I nibble on her insides. I take her clit between my lips as I tug her closer, my tongue and jaw doing most of the work. It's not soon before long that her thighs are quaking on either side of me, her hands delving into my hair. "Oh John," she whimpers. "D-Don't stop."
My eyes flicker up to hers, a soft growl emitting from my throat and pick up the pace. I move my head from side to side as I drive her to the very edge. I was going to have this girl begging and screaming my name until she liked it.
Serena leans back on her arms and whines, holding my head as I lap at her wetness. I thrust my tongue inside, earning a sweet moan that falls from her lips. I slip my hands under her bum and bring her closer to my face. Her hips buck from my prodding tongue and she falls back into the pillows again. "F-F-Fuck," she gasps. "Baby, that feels so good."
I hum in response, wiggling it inside her and making her whimper. "M-More. Please, John."
I rise up onto my knees, bringing her hips up with me as her legs dangle over my shoulders with her body at an angle. I circle my tongue back around her clit, sending her jolting as her eyes roll back. Her face was flushed and her mouth hung open in the sexiest of ways. It took all of my self control to not devour her completely.
I slide the flat my tongue up her folds, pressing it flat before flicking at her core. She groans and raises her hips even more. "John, I-I need you."
My fingers tighten around hips and I pull away to glance at her wearily. She was enjoying this, wasn't she? I didn't want to risk ruining it when she was in so much pleasure.
"Are you close?" I whisper huskily and I watch her shiver. She bites her lip. "Y-Yes."
Licking my wet lips, I place her body back down on the mattress, running my fingers over her folds. She gasps as I rub her with my thumb gently, my lips peppering kisses across her thighs. I could see them slightly purple where I had bitten them.
Keeping eye contact, I ease two fingers into her, her mouth widening in an O in a silent scream. I slide them in deeply and out again, repeating the motion. She was so warm and wet around me that even I was panting.
Serena places her hand over mine, moaning. "Oh my God, John, I'm-"
"Let go, baby," I murmur as I thrust my fingers into her. Almost instantly, I feel her erupt, her muscles clenching. She douses my hand and I slowly bring her down, kissing up her body. My lips moved all over, and her skin felt hot to the touch.
I reach her face and kiss her softly. "Was that below a ten?"
She chuckles, playing with my hair. "That was a very acceptable nine."
~
It only took her about four tries to try to get me out of her room. We'd spent a relaxing morning and I kind of just wanted to stay locked up the rest of the day. It was a luxury I didn't get too often; lounging around while with my girlfriend sounded like the perfect way to wind down. But unfortunately, she had to work and eventually convinced me that we should at least make an attempt to do human things together on her break and be social.
The human things I wanted to do weren't on the list for now.
I still felt a pang of guilt at the fact that I'd caused our first time to be a little more...overwhelming than she expected. My control had to be kept in check if we were ever going to make our physical relations work.
"Are you hungry? I'm hungry," Serena pipes up once she ducks outside, swinging my hand as we stroll along the sidewalk. Mine felt warm in hers and my fingers tingled at the tips.
"You wanna get something to eat?" I ask and look around at our options. There were a few cafes around that she might like, but she must have already tried every one of these places so near the bookstore.
She rests her head on my shoulder and sighs. "Just a snack. I was thinking we could go out for dinner or something after I get out."
My ears perk up as I look over at her with a cocked head. "Dinner?"
"You know, food, third meal of the day? Usually comes after lunch or supper?"
I roll my eyes. "Ha ha," I say flatly and she giggles, pulling me along until we reach a convenience store. I shoot her a look when we pass by the pet aisle, her eyes lingering on a few chew toys.
Once she's gathered a variety of junk food and a bottled water in her basket, I tug her by the waist. "Are you sure you're gonna eat all that?"
"Trying to say something?" she teases and I slightly panic that I've said the wrong thing. "No, I-"
"You're right, I'll just spoil my appetite for later." She pauses, then smiles. "On second thought, let me get some actual stuff. I'll make us something."
My stomach makes the hardest of flips as her lips press to mine. She wanted to cook?
After holding her for a few more wet kisses, I clear my throat. "You don't have to do that."
"But I wanna," she mumbles, ruffling the sides of my hair low on my neck. I loved when she did that.
Regardless I take her hands away and shake my head. With an idea forming in my head, I blurt out, "Come to my place."
Her face goes a bit red in the cheeks and I have to stop myself from kissing the adorable freckles all across her face. My fingers twine with hers as I hold her gaze. "Let me take care of it."
"Y-Your place?" she mutters, her eyes darting.
A smirk creeps onto my mouth as I chuckle, "You didn't think I stayed in the woods, did you?"
She scoffs and blushes. "No! I just didn't...expect this, is all. You've never really offered something like that. And I guess I just know so little about you that I always assumed maybe it was a little different."
I nod. "It gives me a chance to show you how the other part of me lives. I have roommates, but I believe they're actually out at a game tonight." Our hands twine together as I stare at her hopefully. Serena watches me with a sincere look before resting her mouth on mine. I move my hands to her back, wishing to be closer as we had been this morning. But most of all I wanted her to feel that she could trust me, and that she knew me. I wanted to give her all that there was to give of me, human and wolf alike.
~
I waited a few excruciating hours before finally being able to head back to pick Serena up from work. I had stopped by the house to confirm that nobody would be home later and cleaned up a bit.
Stepping out of my truck, I greet Serena with a smile before opening the side door. "Evening, m'lady."
She laughs. "What is this, Ye Olden Times? Is this thy carriage?"
"Shut up and get in," I say, grinning. Her small giggle against my lips as she leans in to kiss me makes my heart lurch. I could get used to that feeling.
We drive for a few minutes until we reach my street, and her eyebrows go up. "These are really nice houses. Which one's yours?"
I point with my hand on the wheel. "It's more up ahead."
I park on the side of the street and climb out, waiting for Ser to join me to walk alongside her on the sidewalk and up the front steps, drawing a deep breath. I promised myself that I would be open with her and finally tell her what it was I did for a living. Believe me, if I could run around through the trees from Chandler till Flagstaff, I'd drop all responsibilities to live freely.
But things just didn't work that way.
We enter the living room and I clear my throat. "Make yourself at home."
Serena smiles, leaving a grocery bag I hadn't noticed she had on the coffee table. It looked like the snacks she bought earlier.
As I show her around, I resist from taking her hand in mine due to my sweaty palms. Why was I so nervous?
I bring her into the kitchen and she raises an eyebrow. "What's all this?"
"I, uh, figured I'd get a head start on dinner," I say, rubbing the back of my neck. I couldn't really decide what to make so I had a bit of everything: Chicken, some kind of pasta with ground beef, mango salsa, salad, white rice, some guacamole recipe. I'd had to call my mom at least three times for half of it in hopes of impressing Ser. Did she even like meat?
Serena smiles, having a look at all the entrées. "This looks delicious. I'm gonna steal a piece of chicken. Got any chips for the guac?"
I sigh in relief before scouring through the cabinets for the chips. Maybe tonight would go well. I just had to remind myself to not talk myself out of it. We'd be touring in a few weeks and I had to be honest with her.
After dinner, we plop down onto the couches in the living room and she hums. "I'm so full."
I chuckle. "Good to know. I'm glad you liked it."
"I didn't expect you to be such a good cook." She pauses for a moment, leaning up on my shoulder. "You said you lives with roommates right? Who are they?"
I run a hand through my hair. "Just a few buddies of mine. It's five of us with me."
"And you all fit?!" she asks with a chuckle. "There are that many rooms?"
"Well...sorta," I mumble, wondering how I'd ever admit that I lived in a garage.
Serena gives me a small smirk as she takes my hand. "And yours? Or do they make you sleep outside?"
"They don't know, Ser," I remind her and she drops her gaze. "Right. Sorry."
My hand raises to her cheek, lifting her head up slightly to look at me. I brush my lips against hers softly before rising to my feet. "C'mon, I'll show you," I say a bit anxiously.
She slips her hand back into mine and I bring her to the back corridor that connected my 'room' with the rest of the house.
I open the door and as we slip inside, Serena notices the lack of light. "Where-"
I flip on the switch, casting a dim glow over everything, some of the flags covering the walls appearing a soft red. I walk towards the small table beside my piano and turn on the lamp for extra light. She looks around, taking in the single king sized bed with no headboard and Aztec patterned blanket, the record player by my bedside and the crate of endless vinyls easily in reach. There was a small pile of laundry waiting accusingly for me while the low hum of the AC filled the room. I had a bookshelf in the corner with an assortment of my notebooks and journals stacked on top. My guitar leaned against it almost casually, as if it's always belonged there.
"Wow," she breathes. "This is really..."
"Unconventional?" I suggest.
She shakes her head. "You."
A moment of silence passes over us and I shrug, sitting on the edge of the bed. She walks over by the piano, running her fingers over the keys. "You play?" she asks, looking at me curiously.
Again, I shrug. "Yeah. I'm no expert but I can manage."
She smiles before plopping down next to me. "And the guitar?"
"I've played it a bit longer," I explain, "But I'm probably better at piano in that case."
"Play me something."
I blink up at her, contemplating for a moment. This could be a good way to ease into telling her. It would be easy.
Just get it over with, John, I tell myself before making my way over to the small bench. My fingers dance over the keys for a moment as I think of what to play. I settle with the piece off the acoustic EP, the melancholic chords striking through the piano.
"Thoughts for
company and dreams as
friends I'm only half here
and the other half pretends."

I sense her sit beside me, aware of her arm brushing against mine as she listens. I continue to play but my voice pauses. I was too distracted by the very words I sang, floating around in my head. When wouldn't I have to pretend?
"That's beautiful," she says quietly and I let one last chord ring out before my arms sling across my lap. "Where did you learn to sing like that?"
"Practice," I mumble, feeling my stomach turn. It was now or never. "I'm kind of a musician. I'm in a band."
Serena stares at me wide eyes. "But-how...wow."
I bite my lip. "Yeah. It hasn't been the easiest since the whole shift, but none of them know."
"And you've managed to hide it from them all this time?"
I shrug. "I've hid it from everyone." My hand squeezes hers, trying to translate the fact that her knowing meant a lot more than she thought.
"Oh," she says, staring at our hands. "Well, which do you play? The guitar?"
"My voice is my instrument," I chuckle sheepishly.
Her lips slowly slant up. "You mean I scored the lead singer?"
I laugh, the feeling sounding real to my ears. It felt real. I only ever really laughed with her, and it felt good to mean it.
We walk back over to the bed, my body resting across the mattress as she sits next to me. I sidle my head into her lap and she giggles. "Do you need me to pet you?" she coos, massaging my scalp.
"No," I scoff, even though it felt good. She scratches behind my ear and I close my eyes. A small sigh escapes me, wanting to stay there forever.
"You have a nice home," I hear her mutter softly. I look up, her lips enticing. Sitting up, I bring her face to meet mine. My room was just a room before she got here. I was a stranger in it. But with her here to keep me grounded, I felt whole.
Maybe I had stopped pretending a while ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
GIVE ME COMMENTS

please :3