Status: Active <3

Saturday

Chapter 10

Luke's P.O.V.

Seeing a person you love all hurt probably was the worst thing that could happened to me. No words can explain how I felt when I saw Ashton in that bed. No words can explain how sad and broken I felt when I saw all those scars on his beautiful body. I did not want this to happen. I felt so guilty, I felt like it was all my fault and that I could have stopped Ashton from doing this to himself. But I was too late. But I promised myself and Ashton that I was never going to leave him again. I did not want to lose him again, I needed him in my life. I never was going to let him run away anymore.

When I saw Ashton on that bed, it confirmed that I was still madly in love with him. Even though he hurt me, I loved him more than anything else. I was so scared. I was so afraid that I was going to lose him forever. But he was okay, and things were going to go for the best because I never was going to leave his side anymore. Ashton and I were meant to be together. And I'm mad it took so much time and a tragedy for me to realize it. My love for him was more powerful than anything else. We were going to go through all the obstacles that life was going to put on our way. As long as we would be together, we would win.

A month passed since the whole tragedy and things were better now, they were how they used to be, how they were supposed to be. Ashton was able to get back to his old room a week after his attempt because he showed no sign of suicide thoughts. Sure, he was still very vulnerable, but I was there to make him feel better. I was there to protect him, to tell him that things were going to be okay. He was my warrior, he was my fighter. And I knew that even though he would meet other obstacles; he was going to win that fight in the end. He was Ashton Irwin. He was my hero, and I knew all the great things he was capable of.

Ashton explained to me the whole thing about the guy I caught him kissing. He told me that the guy was Calum, the boy who broke his heart back in school. Ashton told me how Calum came to apologize for the nasty things he did. Ashton told me how Calum admitted he was really in love with him and how it ended by a kiss. I did not like hearing Ashton tell me about the whole story, but I deserved an explanation and Ashton deserved to talk. Ashton apologized for not pushing him away. I forgave him and that whole incident was now in our past and we were never going back there. We both had our faults in this whole thing, but it was over now. The present and the future were ours and we were going to make the most of them.

Since then, things went for the best. Ashton and I were madly in love with each other. We would call everynight like we used to.We would talk about the most random things and laugh about them. I loved hearing Ashton laugh, he had the most adorable laugh in the whole world. I started visiting him earlier every Saturday so we could spend a little more time together. It was our only time together so I wanted to be with him as much as possible. We would just talk, listen to music, cuddle and kiss. What mattered was that I had him with me. I was addicted to him, I was madly in love with him. And I knew that Ashton felt the same about me. We were meant for each other.

Today was Ashton's birthday and I wanted this day to be memorable. I bought him some gifts and I even baked a delicious chocolate cake. I wished that the doctors would have let Ashton get out of this hospital for his birthday but they said it was too dangerous and risky. I insisted but they kept saying no, giving me the same excuses. So I was going to take the birthday celebration to Ashton. I wanted his 19th birthday to be the best birthday he ever had. I wanted to make him happy. I wanted to put a beautiful smile on his perfect little face.

I showed at the institute at 10AM that day. When I got to Ashton's room, he was not in his bed. I wondered where he could be until I heard noise from the bathroom. He was in the shower. I decided to sit on his bed and wait for him to be done so I could surprise him. I could not wait to hug him and kiss him. I could not wait to tell him that I loved him. And I could not wait for him to open the gifts I was about to give him.

Ten minutes later, my perfect man finally got out of the bathroom. He looked amazing, like he always did. He was all mine. I was so proud that he was. I could not have asked for a better boyfriend. Ashton was perfect in every single way.

''Happy Birthday Love,'' I said happily.

''You remembered! Thanks Lukey,'' Ashton replied.

He took a seat next to me and kissed me deeply. I was living for moments like this one. I was living for love, I was living for Ashton. I wanted the rest of my life to be just like that; with the boy I loved the most.

''Of course I did! How could I forget my boyfriend's birthday? You're 19, you're a big boy now. Watch for the white hair and the wrinkles,'' I said laughing.

''Ha-Ha. You're so funny,'' Ashton replied.

''I have a gift for you,'' I said smiling, handing him a small package.

''You shouldn't have Lukey, you being here is already the best birthday gift that I could get,'' Ashton replied.

''You're too cute, but you deserve it! Go ahead open it!'' I said.

Ashton began unwrapping the gift. I could not wait to see the look on his face, I hoped that he was going to love it. In the box was a t-shirt on which it was written I love Lukey. It was very cheesy, but I thought it would make Ashton happy. Gladly, it did.

''This is way too cute,'' Ashton said. ''You're so perfect Lukey. I love you.''

''I love you even more. That is why I have the same shirt at home on which it is written I love Ash. Aren't we a cheesy couple?'' I replied.

''Yes we are, and I love it that way. I'm so glad that we found our way back to each other. I'm so happy that you're here right now. I'm so happy to be here with you. You make everything better Lukey, you're the best thing that could happen to me,'' Ashton mentionned.

''And you're the best thing that happened to me as well, Ash. Nothing will ever seperate us forever, because true love is so powerful. We'll always find our way back to each other, no matter what will happen in the future. It will always be you and more,'' I said.

Ashton smiled before kissing me tenderly. Our lips fitted like two puzzle pieces. They were meant to be together. Destiny wanted Ashton and I to be together forever. And I'm glad that things were the way they were.

''I brought some cake! You hungry?'' I asked as his lips left mine.

''I'm always hungry for cake, even though it's like 10 in the morning. You did not have to cook a cake for me though, it is way too much,'' Ashton answered.

''Nothing is too much when it comes to you,'' I said.

So for the next hour or so, we just ate the delicious cake that I had prepared for the occasion. I always had some cooking skills, that cake being the proof. Ashton and I talked about random stuff, there never was a single moment of silence between us. We always had something to say wheter it was something smart of dumb.

I had one more gift left to give Ashton, but I was very nervous to give it to him. It was not just a simple gift like the t-shirt. It was way bigger, way more significant. I have thought about giving this to him in the past, and I felt that giving it to him on his birthday was the perfect moment.

''I have another gift for you,'' I said nervously.

''Really? Aww Lukey,'' Ashton replied.

I took a deep breath before reaching for my back pocket in which there was a tiny boy. I opened it, revealing a ring. I took another breath before speaking again.

''This is a promise ring that I want to give you. By giving you this ring, I promise you to always be there for you. You'll always be able to count on me, in your ups and your downs. You'll never be alone because I'll always be there. By giving you this ring, I promise to always make you happy. I will always try my best to put a beautiful smile on your face and give you the life you deserve to have. I'll chase away the tears and bring back happiness. By giving you this ring, I promise to you love as much as I could ever do. I promise you to make you feel like the most precious person in the entire world. I promise to make you feel loved, wanted and important. I promise to love you forever, I promise to never let you go. Finally, by giving you this ring, I promise you to be yours until the end of time. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be able to wake up every morning and know that you're mine. I want you to be my forever, I want you to be my everything better plan. I'm promising all those things because I love you like crazy Ashton Fletcher Irwin,'' I said.

Once I was done talking, Ashton was crying and took me in a hug. It simply felt right, it simply felt amazing. I put the ring on his finger, formalizing all the promises that I just did. And I was going to keep them. I was not going to break any single one of them.

''You're so perfect, do you know that?'' Ashton wondered. ''You're such an amazing person Lucas Robert Hemmings and I can't believe that I got so lucky to meet someone like you. I love you so much, more than words could ever explain. I want to be yours forever, I want to call you mine for the rest of my life. You showed me what true happiness was, you should me what it was like to be loved. You should me what it was like to have someone who cares about you. You showed me that life can be good. I don't have a ring, but I promise you the same things. Because you also deserve what is best in life. You deserve to be happy, to be loved and to have an amazing life. And I will do everything in my power to give you those things.''

We were young, but I could tell that this was just the beginning. There were so many great things to come in the future for Ashton and I. I could see ourselves moving together, I could see ourselves getting married, I could see ourselves adopting some cute kids and I could see ourselves growing old together. All my future was involving Ashton. And I loved it.