Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter One Frist encounter

Chapter One
Frist encounter
POV: Krissi

The world has always remained blind to beings like myself and those I consider family. I was born half angel half witch making me what is called a mystic angel. My best friend Alora is also a mystic angel. And our friend Lyger is a Knights Paladin half angel half wise one. For as long as I can remember we have upheld the code of Merlin and never interacted with humans or given any clue to our existence. But all of that is about to change…

I exhaled a deep sigh as I looked down at the handcuffs that kept me seated in the chair I was forced into. The human authorities always did overdo it with security issues. This whole mess started at that stupid party. One of the most known humans was having a party and Lyger thought it would be a good idea to crash it. See what we were missing. I think the human was some sort of government agent or something. Anyway, one minute I was begging Lyger to just leave with me and the next she showed up.

Violet is how she identifies herself. She is a goddess cast out of the heavens and hell bent on making this world her kingdom. Long story short she destroyed the estate killing every human in the building. Being that Lyger and I are not human. We survived the attack. And so I was shipped from the police department, to the F.B.I and now here to the C.I.A. They think I’m some high profile criminal. As for Lyger, he got away clean and free before they could catch him. I’m not quite as fast as him, and if it weren’t for the code of Merlin I would have just used magic on them. But beings of magic powers are forbidden to use them to alter or effect the human world.

My eyes remained on the cuffs and I smirked at the memory of the human escape artists that managed to get themselves free from these things. I waved my hand over the clasp watching it unlock. I used magic to keep the cuffs from falling to the ground, I just needed a second free from their grip. As the door opened I used my magic to seal the clasp around my wrist again. He walked into the room dressed in a black suite with a white dress shirt. His hair was slightly spiked as he set a file and a cup of coffee on the table.

My heart fluttered at the sight of him. No human, no other living being had left me as stricken as he did in that first moment. I noticed the tattooing on his knuckles and smiled to myself. His aura was beautiful, like fireworks. Sparks of colors surrounded him. I had never seen anything like it.

“You’re in the wrong line of work”.
I said without hesitation, he lifted his chocolate brown eyes to fix on mine.
“We aren’t here to talk about me, and interesting how you know that since you just met me”.

He said brushing me off like all humans did as he flipped through my file. I crossed my legs sighing to myself.
“Music is your true passion. You should pursue it.”
He looked at me again and this time I knew I had sparked his curiosity but he quickly changed the subject again bringing his pen to the yellow legal pad that sat at his side.

“Name?”
He asked. I sighed closing my eyes. I had answered all these questions a hundred times over and over again.
“Kristen Fray”.
He wrote my name down quickly and moved on to the next question. Age, height, weight. What I was doing at the party. How I got to the party, who I was with at the party. Despite the fact that Lyger left me in the dust when the cops showed up I hadn’t sold him out to the mortal authorities. He took everything down as everyone else who interviewed me had.
“And you’re still insisting you have nothing to do with an explosion that killed everyone but you?”
I nodded to him.
“I am, because I didn’t. But I don’t expect you to believe me. So where am I being shipped off to next?”

He narrowed his eyes at me slightly.
“There is a penitentiary up state and I am taking you myself.”
I rolled my eyes fighting back tears.
“Of course you are. Because you don’t believe me”.
He stood picking up the thick file in his arms.
“The facts say you’re lying! And until you can prove otherwise, you will be detained”.
I shook my head at him.
“I didn’t do this and you know it!”
He narrowed his gaze again.
“Interesting there you go again telling me what I know. Any witnesses to the blast are dead! You are all that’s left of that massacre people are desperate to see you pay for those deaths. The penitentiary is the safest place for you right now”.

He said leaving the room. I sighed slumping back in my seat seriously considering breaking the code of Merlin and showing these mortals what happened that night. But I couldn’t do it. I was bound by an oath taken as a child and I needed to uphold it. It was almost nine hours later before two uniform F.B.I guys with vests came in and handcuffed my hands behind my back escorting me from the room. The guy who interviewed me was standing by a black S.U.V parked behind a convoy of armored cars and police cars. I rolled my eyes.
“Wow, all this for little old me?”
He opened the passenger side door of the SUV.

“Just get her inside”.
He said, I was put into the passenger seat and handcuffed to the door. My seat belt put on me and the door was closed. The agent got in the driver’s side and I looked over at him.
“You’re all going to look like a bunch of assholes once I’m proven innocent”.
I said keeping my eyes forwards. He looked at me for a moment before the cars in front of us started moving. It was a long silent drive. I watched as the sun began to set, looking back at him and admiring his aura again.

“You never told me your name”.
He kept his eyes forwards.
“You don’t need to know my name”.
I rolled my eyes at his tone looking back to the road.
“Ok, but isn’t it protocol for you to introduce yourself as an agent or something?”
“Haner, I am Agent Haner”.
I sighed leaning back in my seat.
“Guess you’re a big shot around here, since they trust you to escort me to prison all by yourself”.
He looked at me about to speak, as he did the armored cars in front of us lifted off of the road by some unseen force and were thrown to the side. Agent Haner swerved to miss them as the cop cars burst to the flames coming at us next. We spun out skidding to a stop at the side of the road. The woman from the party stood in the center of the road.

“Shit”.
Agent Haner said taking out his gun and grabbing the radio. He was about to call in what happened when the radio burst into flames. He got out of the car fast as the woman was approaching him.
“Humans. More like insects really”.
Violet smirked as she approached him.
“You have to unhand cuff me now!”
I yelled at Agent Haner as he emptied his gun into Violet’s body but it didn’t slow her down in the slightest. Violet held her hand out at him sending him crashing backwards. I knew she was going to kill him like she had the other humans.

I knew it was against the code of Merlin to interfere with his life’s path. But he couldn’t be meant to die here. This guy who was about to lock me up for something I didn’t do. I sprang into action shattering the cuffs I sprang from the car blasting Violet backwards with a powerful air spell setting Agent Haner free of her grasp.
He gaped at me breathless. Violet narrowed her eyes at me.
“I knew I’d find you again. The only thing that stands in my way. Did you think the mortals could keep you safe?”

I narrowed my eyes at her standing between her and Agent Haner.
“I still don’t know what you’re talking about. But I won’t let you kill anyone else!”
Violet laughed as she approached me.
“So unaware of just how important you are to the survival of this world and its people. I guess mommy and daddy didn’t explain things to you. Well I suppose it’s for the best, the less you know the better”.
She threw her hands out at me and I flew backwards into the guardrail hitting it hard. Agent Haner gaping between Violet and I.

“What’s wrong? Never seen a witch fight before?”
I smirked wiping the blood from my mouth getting up again.
“Gunna have to do better than that Vi. I’m a little more resilient then you think”.
She roared with rage sending an attack at me again and I threw up my arms blocking it sending the attack back at her. Becoming more infuriated each time she missed an attack I moved quickly sending my own attacks at her.
“You can’t protect them forever!”
Violet smirked at me as she stood. My eyes narrowed at her as I stood my ground just as battered and beaten as she was.

“Then you’ll just have to kill me”.
I breathed. Violet smirked as her eyes shifted away to Agent Haner who was trying to get back to the SUV.
“I have a better idea, a sacrifice”.
She threw her hands out at Agent Haner and I moved fast expanding my wings around him as I pulled him into me the flames exploding all around us. Agent Haner gaped up at me as I kept him close within my wings. When the flames died down, Violet was gone. I stood letting him go and letting my wings disappear.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3