Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Eighteen Blood Brothers

Chapter Eighteen
Blood Brothers
P.O.V Brian

The energy in the car was tense between Seb and I as I drove towards the city. Seb was quite in that creepy way until he began to hum a melody to himself a slight smirk on his lips. I knew what was coming, I knew from the minute I’d met Seb.
“How long did it take you to summon the goddess?”
I said point blank Seb laughed to himself.

“Not long”.
He looked at me and grinned.
“I guess you know what happens next”.
He took a switch blade from his belt. I narrowed my eyes at him.
“If you think I’m going down without a fight your wrong”.
I swerved slamming the car into a tree forcing Seb forwards he hit his head on the dash board. I managed to catch myself and quickly got out of the car taking off into the trees. Seb laughing in the distance. As I looked back over my shoulder to see if he was following me I skidded to a stop.
“Impressive. Trying to kill me before you learn the truth”.
Seb smirked at me as he approached from the other side. I turned to him backing up.
“See, that was your problem. You were way too much like mom”.
I narrowed my eyes at him drawing my gun and aiming at him.

“Oh yeah?”
I said humoring him. Seb smirked at me as he continued towards me showing no fear.
“Yeah, she was a pure angel, our father though, he was something more, and they call beings like us divine, an existence beyond that of the gods. But our father had ideals that the others did not share and so he was cast out, became the king of the fallen. He raped the daughters of man building an army of sons. But they all turned out to be half divine half human. Nowhere near strong enough. That is until we were born. See you didn’t have the heart to do what needed doing. Father bred with an angel but it wasn’t enough. He needed a son like him”.

I kept my eyes narrowed at Seb as he continued towards me.
“A son without fear, a son just as damned and tainted is him. At the age of seven, I killed our mother and drank from her. I became something more that day, I became his heir that day and I was going to take you with me brother. But the angels hid you in the human world. Merlin’s incantation was applied to you and I could no longer track or sense you. But now, here we are”.

I backed up cocking my gun.
“Nice story, but it’s all bullshit”.
Seb laughed at me.
“No, the life you’ve been living up until now is bullshit. You are the sixth son of the seventh son. My fraternal twin brother. And now I can share my power and clarity with you dear brother. Because there must be two of us for the task to be completed”.

I shook my head keeping my eyes narrowed at him.
“Even if we do have the same parents, I am not your brother! I am nothing like you”.
Seb laughed amused by my words.
“I know that, that’s why I’m going to bind myself to you. We will become one in the same”.
I wasted no time pulling the trigger of my gun but nothing happened. Seb slashed his hand through the air and sent the gun flying and I hit the ground hard. Seb drove his knife into my heart and I roared in pain. He grinned down at me.

“Believe me. The real pain hasn’t started yet”.
He ripped the knife from his hand and sliced his palm open clamping his bleeding hand over the wound. I roared in pain feeling the burn. Seb laughed grinning down at me.
“Welcome back brother, now we can share in father’s glory”.
I clenched my teeth as I felt the tears burning in my eyes. Closing my eyes tight I thought of Krissi and what I was about to become.
“Please don’t give up on me Angel”.
I thought to myself before I was consumed by chaos, Malice and evil.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3