Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Four Reality

Chapter Four
Reality
P.O.V. Brian

I watched as Krissi was thrown across the room and Evelyn appeared out of nothing. I saw the crimson of her eyes and the ashes and cinders that surrounded her. I was dumbfound by it all. As if it wasn’t enough to take in the fact that there was more to this world then met the eye. Now the woman I was about to marry was some demonic entity. She heaved Krissi into the air by some sort of energy force and Krissi screamed in pain.

“I’m going to rip your wings off!”
Evelyn grinned. I grabbed my gun jumping over the kitchen island shooting Evelyn in the shoulder forcing her to drop Krissi. Evelyn narrowed her eyes back at me she smirked at me.
“Awe, babe. You’ve grown attached to the mystic. How cute! But you are mine, I’ve been feeding off you for months now. And I don’t intend to stop now”.
“They feed off your soul through intercourse that’s why you’re blacking out! She’s been feeding more lately which means she’s weakening!”
Krissi called to me.
“Shut up!”
Evelyn roared at Krissi throwing her hand back at her. Krissi slammed into the wall hitting her head and getting knocked out. Evelyn smirked at me as she approached me.
“You can’t say you haven’t enjoyed our time together Brian. You and I have had lots of fun”.

I narrowed my eyes at her.
“It was nothing but an illusion all this time. Nothing but lies”.
Evelyn laughed.
“Like you’ve never done that to a girl? You were a first class manwhore before I came along. And we both know if I didn’t assume this form you would have gone off with the next girl that came along”.
I aimed my gun at her.
“Back off Evelyn”.
She smirked at me.
“Go ahead shoot! Be something for the C.I.A to clean up. It’s what you’re good at sweeping things under the rug”.

I narrowed my eyes at her as her form started to morph before my eyes. Her skin becoming red as she took on the appearance of a she-devil.
“Your little girlfriend is going to die, if the goddess doesn’t kill her, he will”.
It was like those words caused something inside me to snap. I fired off round after round at her shooting her between the eyes. Her body burst into flames with such force it knocked me clean backwards knocking me out.
When my eyes opened I coughed looking up into the piercing blue eyes of my best friend.
“Jimmy?”
I coughed sitting up fast I looked over to see Krissi on the lawn not far from me. She was still out cold.
“What the fuck happened?”
Jimmy said. I crawled towards Krissi making sure she was breathing.
“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you”.

Jimmy smirked getting up.
“You shot your succubus didn’t you?”
My eyes narrowed at him.
“You knew?”
Jimmy nodded.
“Yup, but I couldn’t expose her, you guys would have had me locked up in the looney bin”.
I shook my head.
“Ok! I can’t take much more of this today!”
Jimmy kneeled down next to me.
“You know about her then?”

I nodded scooping Krissi up into my arms.
“Do me a favor take her back to your place before the ambulance shows up”.
Jimmy took Krissi in his arms not asking questions. It was pretty obvious why I didn’t want the doctors poking and prawning at her. Of all the things to happen to me, the least surprising was that Jimmy knew about this supernatural world being real. It seemed that my reality up until this point was all a lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3