Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Five You and Me

Chapter Five
You and Me
P.O.V. Krissi

My head was killing me as I started to come back to my senses the last thing I remembered was Brian’s succubus attacking us. I jolted awake finding myself in a strange living room as I called out.
“Brian?”
My eyes didn’t meet with Brian’s however, they met with a set of crystal blue eyes that I’d never seen before. But I noticed the dull glow around his crown chakra.
“A Halo? Your half angel aren’t you?”

He nodded.
“Not many people can see the halo. What color is it?”
He grinned at me.
“I always thought it was black or maybe all cracked and shit”.
I shook my head at him looking back to his halo.
“It’s a perfectly normal looking halo. Not as bright as a pure blood but it looks like any other halo”.
He laughed sitting down in the arm chair.
“You hit your head pretty hard. I’m Jimmy by the way, Brian’s my best friend. He asked me to keep you here”.

I smiled at Jimmy knowing just by his aura that he was misunderstood for the most part but a good person at his core. He stood walking over to me.
“Do you need anything?”
I shook my head lightly setting my feet on the floor again.
“I’m ok, how could you let him hook up with a succubus?”
Jimmy sighed.
“Because he was still under the spell and I couldn’t warn him without everyone thinking I’m even more insane then they already do. I wanted to warn him. Evelyn was a real bitch she always managed to rub it in that I was helpless to stop her. I guess you didn’t waste any time warning him though”.

I shook my head lightly. After hearing about his blackouts knowing what she was doing to him I couldn’t sit by and let it happen. The door opened and I stood facing Brian. I wanted to rush over and hug him but I held myself back. Jimmy stood meeting him in the hallway.

I fidgeted hoping he was alright. Brian crossed the room to me and stopped about a foot away.
“You’re ok”.
I nodded to him.
“I’m a little harder to get rid of then that”.

Jimmy looked between us.
“So, what happens with you two crazy kids now?”
Brian ran his hand back through his hair sighing.
“Well, my house was just blown to shit by my exploding ex succubus fiancé. Where does a guy go after that happens?”
I shoved my hands in my pockets.
“You could come with me to an underground location for people who have broken the code”.
Brian lifted his gaze to me.
“Doesn’t sound like I’ve got much choice”.
I gave a half laugh.
“That’s the spirit Haner”.

He sighed.
“I didn’t mean it like that. I meant”.
I shook my head lightly.
“It’s ok. This is all new to you and you have a life and family.”
Brian stood shoving his fists in his pockets.
“Maybe we could stay with them. My family I mean”.
I knew he wanted to be with them now. But I also knew that Violet was still looking for me.
“I’d lead Violet right to them. Maybe you should go with your family and I’ll find somewhere safe to lay low. That way you and your family will be safe”.
Brian frowned at me.
“Krissi”.

I held up my hands.
“Hey, you don’t owe me anything. It’s better if we go our separate ways”.
I turned to Jimmy.
“Thanks for taking care of me”.
He gave a nod.
“No problem. Your welcome here any time”.
I smiled at him turning to Brian.
“Well, it was nice meeting you”.
I held my hand out to him. Brian looked at me.
“So you turn my world upside down, save me from an enraged goddess and a succubus then just leave me in the dust?”

I blinked at him. Brian shook his head.
“I’m not going anywhere without you.”
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Brian smiled at me.
“It’s you and me from now on.”
I smiled back at him liking the idea. Somehow having him with me felt right and I couldn’t explain it.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3