Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Seven. No going back

Chapter Seven.
No going back
P.O.V Krissi

I didn’t get much sleep after the talk Brian and I had. Finding out what was going on with Violet and why I was the one she insisted on killing. As far as I could tell I was like any other mystic angel. I looked up seeing Seb approaching he sat down next to me leaning back on his hands.
“So, you really gunna take the human with us? He can’t be very useful. And I’m sure he has family”.
I nodded resting my chin against my knees.
“Yes, he does. We should go back to Huntington and let him see them once more before he gets so caught up in our world he can’t go back”.

Seb smirked at me.
“Or you could use a spell on him to make him forget you. Then we could go find the answers together, we’ll get Lyger and Ally in on it. Be the four of us like old times”.
I smiled at the memory, looking over at him I shook my head lightly.
“I don’t want them mixed up in this.”
Seb snickered.
“Lyger would be pissed by the way your new pet looks at you”.
I raised an eyebrow at him.

“What?”
Seb laughed to himself.
“You really are obvious aren’t you? The way he watches you, it’s like he can’t mentally get your clothes off fast enough”.
I blushed turning away from him.
“Ok your full of it Seb”.
Seb laughed again.
“So you can’t imagine a guy ever wanting to have sex with you? Is that very realistic Krissi?”
Seb asked in his normal blunt way. I blushed again keeping my eyes on the camp fire that was slowly dying out as the sun was coming up.
“Ok, enough of that talk Seb”.

Seb snickered getting to his feet.
“You may be a fugitive now, but you’re still a prude”.
He teased before going off to have a cigarette. I shook my head at him. Once Brian was awake I took him aside and told him my plan.
“I just think it’s best you get together with your family once more before you get so caught up in my world you can’t go back”.
I explained. Brian nodded to me.
“I can see your point. Maybe it would be good to see them all again once more”.
I smiled at him clasping my hands behind my back.
“You could stay with them if you want Brian. You’d be safe and no one knows you’re the human I saved. You could walk away from this free and clear if you want”.

Brian shook his head.
“I’m not going anywhere, like I said, it’s you and me”.
I smiled at him liking the way that sounded. Seb approached us shoving his hands in his pockets.
“So, is the human still coming with us?”
Brian narrowed his eyes at Seb. I could feel the tension between the two of them. At first I thought it was just me. But there really was some tense energies between them.
“Yeah I am”.
Brian said through gritted teeth. Seb scoffed rolling his eyes.
“Alright, your funeral human”.
He turned to me.

“Since I’m a little rich for the mortals taste I’ll meet you on the beach. We can leave from there”.
I nodded to him.
“Ok Seb, be careful”.
I said hugging him. Seb smirked looking at Brian.
“I think your human will need to be more careful then me”.
He turned walking away from us. Brian growled inwardly.
“What is with that guy?”
I looked at him.
“Seb? He’s always been like that. Don’t let him get to you, he’s not a people person. And he doesn’t get along well with humans”.

Brian turned to me.
“Is that how you see me? As just some human you saved?”
I looked up at him noticing the fireworks of his aura again. I smiled at him.
“I think there is more to you then meets the eye”.
He smiled at me and we headed back towards Huntington. Brian looked over at me as we sat in the back of the cab that was taking us to his families place.
“My sisters a little strange, and so is Avery. Don’t let them get to you”.

I smiled at him.
“I’m sure they’ll be fine”.
Brian nodded.
“Matt’s going to be there too and Jimmy”.
He continued to explain looking nervous about me meeting everyone.
“If you want I can go find Seb and”.

“No”.
He said fast looking at me. I smiled at him.
“You don’t’ want me to be alone with Seb”.
Brian averted his gaze from mine.
“I don’t trust him”.
I smiled at him folding my hands in my lap.
“Understandable. I would trust some random guy with a sugar skull painted on his face either”.

Brian looked at me.
“Yeah what’s the deal with that?”
I shook my head lightly.
“He’s theatrical like I said, he has this whole obsession with death and damned souls”.
Brian rolled his eyes.
“Great so he’s emo?”
I laughed shaking my head.
“No, he’s just Seb, we’ve all come to accept him and his strange obsessions”.
Brian turned himself to face me.
“Have you ever seen him without it on?”

I nodded.
“Halloween, that’s his costume a “normal” person”.
Brian cracked a smirk turning away again.
“Wow, that guy has issues”.
I smiled at him.
“Don’t we all have issues?”

He looked at me.
“Ok, that guy has MAJOR issues”.
I giggled getting out of the cab with him once we arrived as his families place.
“So what’s our story?”
I asked walking up the driveway with him.
“I don’t know, I guess we could tell them Evelyn left me, and you’re my girlfriend now”.

I laughed.
“Right, Matt’s going to buy that”.
He cursed under his breath.
“Shit I forgot about that. Ok, Evelyn left and I’m taking a break doing some traveling. And you’re coming with me for moral support”.
I nodded.
“Sounds believable”.

We entered the home together and everyone was really happy to see Brian. I smiled watching him with his family. He had it good here. Instantly I felt bad for taking him away from it all. Brian turned to me and smiled.

“This is Krissi, she’s going to be coming with me. Make sure I keep my head on straight”.
He said draping an arm around my shoulders.
“This is my sister Amanda and her friend Avery”.
I nodded politely.
“Nice to meet you both”.

Amanda crossed her arms.
“Please tell me you will at least come back for my wedding”.
Brian laughed taking her into his arms.
“Of course I will”.
I smiled watching them. Avery crossed her arms looking me up and down.
“So who are you exactly? How do you know Brian?”
She asked suspiciously. I sighed to myself really not feeling up to sharing the story again.
“She saved his life”.
Matt said with a smile slipping his arm around Amanda’s waste.
“OH right, we owe you so much”.
Amanda smiled at me.
“I’m sorry I didn’t realize who you were”.

Brian’s step mom Suzie came into the room.
“Dinner’s ready”.
Everyone flocked to the dining room. Brian looked at me and smiled.
“Thanks for doing this. I really am going to miss them”.
He hugged me before going into the dining room. I sighed to myself closing my eyes. This was wrong. I was wrong.
“Finally come to your senses”.
I turned around looking at Seb slumped in the corner a smirk on his lips.
“He belongs here with them Krissi. You don’t belong in his world and he doesn’t belong in ours”.

He held his hand out to me.
“Let’s just get out of here and find what you need. Brian will thank you for it in the end. He can go back to his life like nothing happened and be with his family”.
I looked back towards the dining room hearing everyone talking and laughing. Seb was right, this was Brian’s world. This was where he belonged.

“Alright. Let’s go”.
I placed him hand in his following him out the door without a sound. We made our way down the street leaving Brian’s place behind. I looked back over my shoulder missing him already, but this was where he belonged. No matter how much I wanted him with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3