Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Eight Connected

Chapter Eight
Connected
P.O.V Brian

My eyes narrowed as I searched the house for Krissi knowing something was wrong. Something happened and I couldn’t put my finger on it. It wasn’t like her to up and leave me behind, unless someone convinced her she was doing the right thing. Instantly my thoughts went to that Seb punk.
“Mother fucking bastard”.

I muttered to myself. Matt looked at me confused when he found me in the back room.
“Dude is something wrong?”
I looked at Jimmy knowing he was half angel.
“No I just need to talk to this crazy mother fucker right now”.
I grabbed Jimmy pulling him out into the garage with me closing the door behind us.
“Can you track other half angels?”

Jimmy nodded.
“Yeah, this thing is like a GPS”.
He said pointing at something over his head I couldn’t make out.
“Where is Krissi?”
Jimmy closed his eyes and it looked like he was deep in thought for a moment before opening them again.
“She’s at the pier, and some guy with a sugar skull painted on his face is with her trying to convince her she doesn’t need you”.
I growled storming out of the garage.
“All I needed to know, give me your keys Sullivan”.

Jimmy laughed.
“Hold on, I just got my car. I could drive you down there and”.
I cut him off narrowing my eyes at him with such a look that he knew I’d tackle him and take the keys from him if I had to.
“Just be careful with her”.
He winced handing his keys over. I jumped in the car starting it up and floored it towards the Pier. That punk was as good as dead next time I saw him. I was determined to stick with Krissi through whatever this was. And no sugar skull painted freak was going to stop me.

Once I reached the pier I jumped out of the car and bolted towards the boardwalk somehow knowing that was where she’d stop to watch the sun set before leaving.

“Krissi!”
I called running towards her. She looked stunned to see me while Seb looked very pissed off that I came after them.
“What did I tell you?”
I panted resting my hands on my knees looking at her as I tried to get my breath back. Krissi blushed a bit looking at me.

“I, um. You were happy with your family Brian. I didn’t want to take you away from that”.
I stood upright and took her in my arms hugging her tight as more of a statement to Seb then anything.
“I’m not going anywhere”.
I said lightly but made sure to narrow my eyes at Seb who smirked at me as if he was accepting some kind of challenge. I looked back to Krissi.
“My life will never be the same Krissi, I can see the world for what it is, the monsters and the angels. All of it. And I want to see more with you”.

She blushed again stammering not really making sense.
“Well that’s sweet, the humans grown attached to you. Looks like you better get a leash for him now”.
Seb smirked at me. I narrowed my eyes at him.
“And we can get a mussel for you”.
I said narrowing my gaze. Seb laughed looking away from me.
“So are we going or not?”
Krissi nodded smiling at me.
“Right, we’re going to the hall of records problem is it’s in DC and that’s a long ways from here”.

I smiled at her.
“Did you ever stop to think that I might have a quick way of getting there? I mean I do work for the C.I.A”.
Krissi smiled at me.
“Well yeah I did, but well you’ve been burdened enough by me”.
I shook my head.
“It isn’t a burden”.

I turned back to Jimmy’s car.
“I can drive us to the airport they’ll have a jet come pick us up in no time”.
Krissi followed after me.
“Using a government jet for unofficial business. Isn’t that unprofessional?”
I smirked at her.
“No one will ever know”.
I let Krissi into the car turning to Seb and stopping him before he could open the door, I narrowed my eyes at him.

“I don’t know what fucked up game you’re playing. But it stops here. You try to separate us again, I will hurt you”.
Seb smiled at the thought.
“If you think you can, I’m just looking out for her best interests. Getting attached to mortals for us isn’t a good thing”.
I narrowed my eyes getting between him and the door.
“I don’t give a fuck what you say. You come between us again, you’ll be wearing your ass as a hat got me?”
Seb grinned at me.
“Sure, I got you”.
I moved away from him getting in the car starting it up. Krissi looked at me worriedly.
“Everything ok?”

“Couldn’t be better”.
Seb said with a cocky smile as his eyes met mine in the mirror.
“Right Brian?”
I averted my gaze from his.
“Right”.
I said starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot. I was just glad I managed to catch her before she was gone for good. I don’t think I could have taken that.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3