Status: Updates every other Wednesday :) (On short Hiatus!)

Change Your Ticket

011

With Homecoming behind us and our first win under our belts my anxiety levels had gone back to normal. Parker was back at school and our relationship was back on track which was another sigh of relief for me. While my usual life stressors had calmed down there was always something to worry about these days. Today that was college.

One of the many perks of being a senior at Mass High was getting to participate in the annual college information sessions. The only good thing about it was that the seniors got excused for the entire day from any and all classes. Honestly, I think I’d rather have been in class than have to sit in the auditorium for six hours. Since missing wasn’t an option Miranda, Max and I left our homes early to ensure we’d all be next to each other for the day.

The assembly wasn’t interesting in the slightest. The speakers all teased about the fun things about college but that wasn’t being talked about until after lunch, so we’d all have to stay. Instead, we had to listen to all the things we could have figured out on our own. Why we need an hour lecture about how to apply to college was beyond me. Since the lunch schedule was all screwed up the seniors ended up eating outside. I didn’t mind too much; in fact I was in need of fresh air after being in the stuffy auditorium for so long.

“They make applying sound so difficult,” Miranda said.

“I think it’s to get us not to procrastinate,” I added.

I listened to Max and Miranda discuss possible college option before it was time to return to our seats. As promised, the next two hours were dedicated to college life experiences. Several UMass students graced the stage to sell their school. They were doing a pretty good job until students started asking about college parties. Needless to say the administration had to step in and remind them that parties should not be our number one concern. Obviously, our administration was a little naive about what happened on Friday and Saturday nights in this town.

The last hour of the assembly was spent brainstorming possible college options and majors. It was by far the most stressful part of the entire day, at least for me. I glanced around the room as my fellow seniors made lists of possibilities for their future. To my left, Miranda had compiled a whole list of East coast schools that would put her closer to Jayden. She’d known she wanted to be a teacher from a young age so her only concern was finding a school with an amazing educational program. On my other side was Max who was writing down possible majors. He didn’t have to worry too much about school, he was pretty much a shoe in for a scholarship to a top university. And then there was me, staring at a blank piece of paper with no idea what to write.

My whole life up until this point has been mapped out for me. I’ve never had to make a life altering decision and the thought of making the wrong one now didn’t sit well with me. Life was weird. Trying to suppress my rising panic I began making a list of things I’m good at. By the time the bell rang all I had written was photography, babysitting, and encouraging football players; none of which pertained to a career.

* * *


October was approaching fast, meaning Cassadee was in full decorating mode. By the time I got home Halloween had thrown up in our living room. Our couch was occupied with three large bins, threatening to tip over.

“I take it we’re going full out this year?”

“Lex wants to decorate this year.”

I had completely missed Lexis when I first walked into the room. She had wedged herself between two bins, an array of decorations laying around her as she tugged them out of the bins.

Helping Cass was a lot better than trying to figure out my future so I dove into the bins. I never realized how much Halloween crap we had acquired over the years. Then again, Halloween was always Cass’s holiday and from the looks of it was Lex’s holiday too. With the three of us, everything was out of the bins and organized fairly quickly.

“What now mommy?” Lex asked.

“You can be in charge of putting the stuffed animals places, okay?”

Pleased with her new task, Lexis scooped up three stuffed animals before racing out of the room. She came back moments later for a few more. Cassadee smiled watching Lexis must have reminded her of when she was little.

“I’ll change all the towels to these ones,” I said, referring to the pumpkin ones in my hand.

Since the upstairs had the most bathrooms I started up there. Being in charge of changing the towels meant I got the cutest set. I decided to take the ghost themed towels, leaving the pumpkins to little Lexis.

I then headed downstairs to finish the bathroom down there. Lexis had been sick lately, her tissues overtaking the trash can in the bathroom. I was shocked when something else fell out of the trash bag. Under the piles of tissues, sat a white stick with a blue cap. A pregnancy test. I filled them test over to see the results. It was a positive pregnancy test.

There was only two possible conclusions; either Cass was pregnant or Miranda was. Since Cassadee wasn’t acting weird like she had when she was pregnant with Lex that left only one person. Jayden had gotten Miranda pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a really short chapter and you guys deserve a long one considering I didn't write last week. Sorry about that, by the way, I had a lot going on last week and just couldn't find the time. This chapter is setting up for some drama on Josylne's end of the story, so hopefully its suspenseful enough to keep you all reading. I will try and get a chapter out by next week but it's another busy week for me so please be understanding. Thanks for understanding lovelies! :)