Status: Updates every other Wednesday :) (On short Hiatus!)

Change Your Ticket

013

It’s quite difficult trying to figure out if someone is pregnant. Ever since I found the positive pregnancy test I’ve been analyzing Miranda’s every move. So far she wasn’t showing any signs of carrying a child. She didn’t appear heavier and she wasn’t suffering from the morning sickness Cass had. It was killing me not knowing, but there was no way I was going to ask her. She would punch me.

With Halloween falling this weekend, my detective skills were a bit preoccupied. Just like in past years, I was in charge of taking miss Lexis out for candy. This year I would be doing it alone. Asher was throwing a Halloween themed party considering it fell on a Friday this year, which meant all of my friends would be over there.

“Are you going to stop by when your done with Lexis?” Miranda asked at lunch.

“It depends how long Lex wants to trick-or-treat for.”

I was surprised Miranda was going to Asher’s. Weren’t pregnant women supposed to be exhausted? Ever since I found the test she seemed to be more energetic than ever. Her new found energy probably had something to do with her new found status as a cheerleader.

By the time Friday rolled around the whole school was buzzing of Asher’s party. This was his debut in the odd world of Mass High. It was his turn to show the school why he was the best Manchaster brother. With all the talk going around I knew I couldn’t miss this party. No matter what time Lexis finally called it, I had to at least show my face. It was going to be a long night.

When I arrived home a little after three Lexis was already dressed for the night. This year she had opted for a Tinkerbell costume instead of her usual punkish outfits. She even had on a blonde wig in a bun just like Tinkerbell had. Lexis sure went for authenticity.

“You look so pretty Tinkerbell,” I smiled.

“I told her it wasn’t time yet, but she instead on putting in on,” Cassadee sighed.

“It’s okay,” I said. “Why don’t we watch Peter Pan while we wait for it to get darker?”

Lexis was way more into Halloween this time around. I mean last year she was into it for the first hour but then I ended up carrying her. This year she was going to have to carry me. She kept tugging my arm, pulling me in all different directions. At one point we were zigzagging between houses so fast I had to sit down to catch my breath.

“Lex, wait up a second,” I wheezed.

“All the candy will be gone!” she whined.

I was already carrying a pillowcase full of candy, how much more could she need! I sat for two more seconds before getting up and following Lexis to the next house. What kind of aunt would I be if I said no to more candy?

Somehow I managed to get Lexis to go in a haunted house with me. Usually I wasn’t a fan of them either but without any of my friends to scare me on purpose I figured it would be safe. Lexis loved it! She practically squeezed the scary clown to death when it jumped out of her. I couldn’t wait to tell Cassadee about it.

Lexis declared her exhaustion when ten o’clock approached. After taking her home, I headed over to Asher’s. It was still early so I knew I shouldn’t have missed anything too important.

Asher’s house was packed with people when I got there. Couples had already claimed their territory on the miscellaneous furniture in the room and probably the open bedrooms. In typical Manchester fashion, the kitchen was stock with more alcohol then could be consumed by the hundreds of guest in attendance.

I quickly made my way through the house until I found myself in the open backyard. I took a deep breath, eager to fill my lungs with clear air, but that was a mistake. As smoke filled my lungs I entered a coughing fit. This is why I never frequented the backyard.

“Hey you made it!” Miranda squealed, throwing her arms around me in a hug.

Her clothes were tainted with the smell of beer. Someone must have spilt it on her. She wasn’t drinking, right? I pulled away from her to find a bottle poised in petite hands.

“Are you drinking?” I questioned, horrified.

“It’s Halloween, of course I am!” she slurred.

Apparently she wasn’t just drinking, she was getting wasted. How could she be so irresponsible! I was about to lecture her when I remembered she didn’t know I knew she was pregnant. And then it hit me. If she was drinking, maybe she wasn’t pregnant. Did something happen to the baby?

I needed to call Parker.

I made sure to leave Miranda with Max before making my way to the backdoor. If Parker flipped before he was going to be even more concerned now. I could only imagine the lecture he was going to give Jayden when everything finally came out in the open.

I was so preoccupied with thoughts that I wasn’t paying attention to my steps. The backyard had become packed in my short time out here. With so many bodies there was no way of avoiding them all. I walked right into some girl who flipped, shoving me backwards. It would have all ended okay had Chase not been sitting behind us. I stumbled back, trying to catch my footing only to be tripped my Chase’s deliberate leg.

It took a moment before I register that I was falling. I didn’t have enough time to flip my body, instead by head made contact with the grass. Everything went black for a moment before I could hear my name being faintly called. When my eyes finally opened Max and Ava were standing over me in horror.

I let my eye adjust, before a dull throbbing in my head started. I groaned but tried to push myself up from the floor. Chase was going to hear it from me. I managed to sit half way up before I was met with an excruciating pain in my leg.

“Jos, I think your leg is hurt,” Max warned.

“No shit,” I growled.

The pain in my head was growing and so was the pain radiating from my stupid leg. Using Max and Ava for support, I managed to get myself into a standing position. My eyes widened when I saw Chase and the girl that shoved me laughing. This wasn’t an accident.

“Come on. Let’s get you to the hospital,” Max said.

The house was too crowded for Ava and Max to escort me through. I ended up getting carried out by Asher, after he threw Chase and the mystery girl out. Asher placed me in the backseat of my car before uttering a string of apologies.

“It’s okay Ash. Make sure Mir gets home tonight, okay?” I winced.

Max and Ava fell into the front of my car. It didn’t take too long to arrive at the hospital considering every car in town was currently parked on Asher’s street. Max and Ava helped me into a wheelchair before pushing me into the emergency room.

“Do me a favor Max? Don’t call Parker.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this came a little late lovelies. I should be able to have the next chapter up by next week so keep your fingers crossed. In the mean time keep on reading and commenting! :)