Status: Updates every other Wednesday :) (On short Hiatus!)

Change Your Ticket

016

Jealousy was not an emotion I was use to. I didn’t typically get jealous and as bad as it may sound, people were usually jealous of me. I didn’t need to experience jealousy before to know that it was what I was feeling. There was a pit building at the base of my stomach letting me know this was jealousy in its worse form.

How could she?

Our relationship was going good. We were telling the truth to each other for once. She had finally realized that breaking up with me wouldn’t fix my lack of playing time. Not to mention, we finally figured out the whole long distance thing.

There was no reason for her to do this to me. There was no excuse for getting a text from a random number with a picture of my girlfriend in the arms of some other guy. The only good thing about this whole thing is that it wasn’t any of the Mass High boys. At least they understand loyalty.

Josylne’s ring tone rang over and over again from the spot where my phone lay. She must have gotten my messages finally. After calling her nonstop last night is was her turn to sweat it out for a while. Despite my want to hear her out, part of me didn’t want to hear her lie to me. There really is no denying what she did considering there is picture proof. Yet, some part of me wanted to believe it was all just a dream. A twisted, fucked up dream.

As much as this bothered me I had to push it to the back of my mind, at least for today. Today was one of the most important games of our season. I had to be focused even if I was just sitting on the bench.

After a few more minutes of wallowing I pulled myself together. The only way to get back at Josylne was showing her that this wasn’t effecting me. So, off to the gym I went.

“What are you doing in here Daniels?” Tommy asked.

Now that I think about it, it was kind of odd to find me in the gym. Even back at Mass High I never frequented the workout room. Lifting weights really wasn’t my thing, Coach would force me to do it though.

“Working out.”

“In November? Isn’t that sort of a late start?”

“Am I bothering you?” I snapped.

“No, but something is bothering you.”

So maybe going to the gym randomly in November wasn’t my brightest of ideas. Where else was I supposed to go to clear my head though? I couldn’t call Josylne and that’s what I usually do when I’m having one of these moments. If only I was back home I would drive my ass over to Jason’s and drink my sorrows away.

I wandered around campus for a while before I ended up back in my empty dorm room. It’s not where I wanted to be but it’s where I ended up. On my little walk I started to really think about what I would have done if this happened a year ago. Of course, it probably wouldn’t have happened but if it did I would have talked to Max.

Max. To be honest I was quite pissed at him too. He had to have been at the game last night. Why didn’t he put an end to the nonsense? Why hadn’t he called me the minute it happened? Instead, I had to get a cryptic message from some stranger. What kind of friend does that?

I didn’t call Max...I just did something stupid instead.

“I knew you’d show up sooner or later,” she cooed.

“Just shut up.” Before I knew what I was doing my lips were pressed to hers and it was too late to retract them. Josylne was going to kill me.

I regretted it the moment it started happening. This was bad. This was worse than a stupid blurry photo of what looked like my girlfriend with another guy. This was me, shirtless, on top of a half naked girl.

Charlotte wasn’t aware of my thoughts. She tugged me closer and closer to her. Her lips trailing over my neck and shoulders. I needed to get out of here before things got worse. I couldn’t do this. I couldn’t go back to my old ways.

“Charlotte,” I breathed. “Stop.”

“Excuse me?”

“I can’t do this. I’m sorry.”

I crawled off of her, pulling my shirt over my head. I didn’t need to turn around to know Charlotte was still on the bed, a confused look across her face. By the time I reached the door, it was too late for her to pull me back.

“You’re making a huge mistake Daniels.”

She was right. I was making a mistake, but not sleeping with her wasn’t it. With a couple hours left until the game started I headed back to my dorm. This time I wasn’t going to let the emptiness make me do questionable things. Instead I pulled out my cell phone and dialed the only person I knew could handle this situation without judgment. I called Jason.

“To what do I owe the pleasure of speaking to Parker Daniels?” he greeted.

“Hey Jas.”

“Hey yourself. I hope your calling me to tell me your team is going to win tonight.”

“If I was playing maybe I could say that,” I joked. “I’m actually calling ‘cause I did something stupid.”

“How stupid?”

“Parker circa sophomore year stupid.”

“Oh shit.”

I told Jason the story. I told him about the stupid picture that started it all, the missed phone calls, and of course my stupid impulsive actions. It wasn’t like Jason not to interrupt so when he didn’t say anything I knew I was in deep shit.

“Are you that stupid that you think she would actually cheat on you? The girl is in love with you.”

“Jas, you didn’t see the picture.”

“I don’t need to see the picture Parker. It was blurry, you said so yourself. Don’t you have more faith in her? She wouldn’t cheat on you.”

“But I would,” I sighed.

“You stopped it though, that means something.”

“Not to Josylne. She flipped out on my so many times for merely entertaining conversations with Charlie. If I told her I made out with this chick I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“Well, you know what will happen if you lie to her so I suggest you don’t do that. Look I got to go Maci’s at the door. You guys can fix this though.”

“Thanks Jason.”

* * *


The game was not going good at all. We were down at least four touchdowns by the third quarter. With only two minutes remaining until the final quarter it was pretty much guaranteed we were going to lose. Not to mention Ben was playing like complete shit. It was a wonder how we managed to even score two touch downs.

As the third quarter ended the team rushed to the sidelines to get the next play. Steve looked beyond pissed. At this point none of us had any idea of what was going to happen next.

“Ben you’re out. Daniels get in there and do something.”

This was it. My first time stepping out onto the field as a USC quarterback. It should have been the best moment of my life, expect it wasn’t. As I stepped out onto the field, all I could picture was what Josylne’s face must look like right now. At least she’d have a moment of happiness before everything ended between the two of us. I needed to give her one last moment of happiness. It was time to win this game.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised here is this week's update. Once again I'm not a hundred precent sure of what my schedule is going to be like. If I don't update next week there will be one the following week. If ever you are curious about when I'll be posting don't be afraid to ask. Anyways keep reading and commenting. Thanks lovelies and enjoy! :)