Status: Updates every other Wednesday :) (On short Hiatus!)

Change Your Ticket

018

It had been two weeks since my debut as a college football players and since that game I have played every game since. I haven’t started yet, but getting to play was enough for me, at least for now. With football finally working out in my favor it only made sense for everything else to go to shit. I still haven’t talked to Josylne since the incident. Now it’s been two weeks and she’s completely stopped trying to contact me which is a bad sign. Even Max hasn’t tried to fix things between us and he’s always in the middle. This time it’s bad, really bad.

“Alright boys listen up,” Steve said from his spot on the sidelines. “Our big Thanksgiving game is coming up and as you know Notre Dame has had an exceptional season. It’s up to you guys to make them realize they still have to work for those wins. With that said, we’re adding an extra practice every Tuesday evening for the two weeks.”

For the first time in the history of my football career, there were no groans of protest of the news of extra practice. We knew we needed them, especially if we even wanted to stand a chance against Notre Dame’s team this year.

“Now go rest up and I’ll see you bright an early tomorrow!”

When I was on the field I felt invincible but the minute I I returned to my quite dorm room I was reminded of how alone I really am. Without Josylne everything I did felt insignificant. What was the point of doing amazing things if you didn’t have anyone to share it with? Truthfully, I miss her.

“Why don’t you just call her?” Jason asked. Since my lack of communication with Max, Jason became my go to for all things Josylne related. It was kind of ironic considering his history but these three short months of college had changed him. I guess we have Maci to thank for that though.

“I’ve been ignoring her call for a week and a half. If I call her now she’s going to be pissed.”

“She’s already pissed but she’s probably more upset than anything else.”

“She should be upset,” I murmured.

“Fuck off Parker! Need I remind you that you didn’t act very rational either.”

“I only did that because of that picture,” I defended.

“You still did it. And as bad as it made you feel is how Jos feels only ten times worse. You guys need to figure your shit out.”

Jason did have a point. I’ve felt horrible ever since I kissed Charlotte and I know Josylne must be beating herself up over everything. I should call her but I can’t. Right now she doesn’t think I’ve done anything wrong and I don’t want to hurt her more. Hearing me say I cheated on her will destroy her and I can’t do that. I just can’t.

“Are you flying home for Thanksgiving?” I asked, changing the subject.

“I wish but we play that night. My parents and Asher are suppose to fly down though. What about you? Are they coming to see you?”

“I don’t even know. I know Mir isn’t ‘cause Jayden is playing on Friday in New York. Knowing my parents they’ll probably want to spend it with her.”

“It’s so weird,” Jason said. “I never thought that last years Thanksgiving would be the last one at home.”

Neither had I. Even though we were in Florida last year and not at home we were still all together. Without realizing, I let my mind drift back to last year. Where Josylne and I were trying to be civil with each other and slowly falling in love. When one second I was holding her hand on the plane and then we were fighting over some guy. Glancing over to my desk, I see the picture she took of us on the tea cups. The one where we’re both kissing Lexis. What I would give to go back to those moments.

“Parker!” Tommy yells, pulling my attention back to reality. “We’re going to go eat, let’s go.”

I grabbed my ID before following Tommy and the rest of our little group to the dining halls. I guess that was the one good thing about dorming, unlimited food. Well, at least if you had that plan which thanks to my neglectful parents I did.

“What’ll be today?” I asked.

After a conversation with Jason about bonding with the team I finally listened. Tommy, Alex, and Derrick were equally as excited to see me come to my senses and start hanging out with them. They really were all cool. Since our new found friendship the four of us have been going to the dining hall every Monday and picking one item to see who could eat the most. Today’s item, pizza.

“Okay but how did you just two entire pizzas?” Alex asked, astonished.

“At home my best friend and our sisters used to always order pizza when we weren’t out at this little diner. We used to all get our own and see who could finish it. It was basically training for this.”

“You always won?”

“Usually, but my uh girlfriend put up a good fight. She’s competitive.”

“The one who plays?” Derrick asked.

“Yeah. Well she did until she got hurt,” I sighed.

“What a badass. You have to let us meet her.”

“Yeah totally.”

Talking about Josylne was the last thing I wanted to do. Even though I was smiling reminiscing on the memories, talking about her hurt. She would have wanted to meet the guys too, in fact I know she did. She had mentioned it a few times before.

I wonder how her leg was doing. I know she was going to be in a boot for a while but maybe she was out of it by now. How was the team doing anyways? With my lack of communication with Max I was pretty clueless as to what was going on at the home front. I decided to call Miranda when I got back to my dorm room. There was no reason why I couldn’t call my sister to talk to her.

“Hey Mir,” I greeted.

“Are you kidding Parker? I’m not the person you should be calling.”

“Mir lis-” my words were cut off by the dial tone.

She hung up on me. My own sister hung up on me. Now I really was alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I owe all of you a huge apology. I'm so sorry for not warning you about that little break I just had. Things got super crazy with this online class I was taking and summer, not to mention that dreaded writer's block. To be honest, I'm still recovering from writer's block but I knew you guys deserved a chapter so here it is. I'm thinking about attempting to outline the whole story so hopefully this sort of thing doesn't happen again. In regards to the next update, I'm going to try my hardest to have it out by the 22nd, but I make no promises. Like I've said in the past if you're ever curious about updates or anything related to the story fill free to message me here. Thanks for being so patient with me. Keep on reading lovelies! :)