Status: Updates every other Wednesday :) (On short Hiatus!)

Change Your Ticket

025

For the fifth year in a row Mass High’s football team would be going to state championships, only this time it was up to Max and I to carry the team to victory. Thankfully, I would actually get to play in the final game seeing as my boot had officially come of before the semi game, but not having practiced in months hindered me from playing. That didn’t stop us from winning though. 

Now that the game was over, Ava and I made our way over to the gym where we met the rest of the winter formal decorating crew. Everyone was just as hyped up as we were except they weren’t sweating after cheating vigorously on the side lines like we were. They also weren’t the ones missing the opportunity to celebrate at the diner for what could be the last time ever. But, Ava and I made a promise to Miranda that we would help so help decorate is what we would do. 

It only took two hours, but when all was said and done the gym really did look like a winter wonderland. In fact, it was the best the gym had looked for any of the formals, but maybe that was just because I worked on it. After, Ava and I headed over to the diner to grab a late night dinner and hopefully meet up with some of the boys who had said they would wait for us. 

When we got there Max and Asher were still there, sitting in the booth that Parker, Jayden, Mir and I use to call home. Ava had texted them ahead of time to order us our food so it was waiting for us when we got there, much to our appreciation. 

“So what’s the plan for formal tomorrow?” Max asked. 

“I think we’re meeting at my house,” I said, only after I finished chewing. 

“I overheard Miranda saying Jayden was going with her. Is he really coming down?” 

‘Yeah, his last game is in the morning and since it’s at home he can catch a flight and be down here in time.” 

“Doesn’t that mean we’re like third wheeling?” Asher asked. “I mean I know we’re going together but we’re going to be the only pair that’s not actually dating.”
“Blame Miranda for that one. I had no intentions of going this year.”

* * *


Saturday morning wasn’t as hectic as it had been in years past. Actually, compared to last year tensions were low and the overall getting ready experience was quite calming. I guess, that’s too be expected when you’re no longer harboring a secret relationship with your best friend’s brother. Regardless, it was actually an enjoyable morning.

Jayden had ended up arriving earlier in the afternoon that expected which was a good thing since he kept Miranda preoccupied. Nothing was worse than having her criticize every stroke of eyeshadow I piled on. With her preoccupied with her boyfriend, Ava and I were able to get ready before Max and Asher even showed up. An event that would probably never again happen in the history of our lives.

Once everyone was ready we went through the series of photos before finally heading out of the house and off to the dance -- opting to skip dinner for a funner late night dessert trip after the dance.

The boys were actually surprised when they walked into the gym. Max gushed to Ava that it was the best it’s every looked while Jayden agreed. Asher, having no other years to go off of simply stated that the bar was being set high. With a little bit of time to kill before the DJ started playing music, the six of us staked claim to a table. The boys quickly jumped into a conversation about how well Jayden had been doing at Syracuse leaving the girls and I to hold our own conversation.

“What time does Parker’s flight get in tomorrow?” Ava asked.

“I think in the afternoon. I’m not sure though since they’re all out in Texas right now playing. At least it’ll be a shorter flight this time around. Plus, I think Jason’s flying back with him.”

“I wonder if he’s bringing Maci with him,” Miranda speculated.

“Probably not. I’m sure she’d want to spend Christmas with her family but you never know.”

The gym was getting more crowded now and it was getting harder to talk given the music that was blaring from the speakers. With no other choice, we vacated our table and headed off to the dance floor. After a few rounds of dancing, my foot started to ache considering it only just been out of it’s boot for a little over twenty four hours. Leaving Asher with a cute brunette from the freshman cheer team, I hobbled my way over to where we were sitting earlier.

Once situated, I pulled out my phone to check how Parker’s game was going. Since they were in Texas there was less of a time difference, not to mention the game was scheduled for the afternoon instead of the evening which made it easier for me to keep tabs on. To my surprise, there was already a final score circulating on twitter. Before I checked the official team page, I decided to check my messages to see if Parker had sent me something. Sure enough there was a message from Parker sent two hours ago.

At the airport now trying to see if I can get my flight moved up. U better save me a dance! x

The flight from Texas to Massachusetts was only a little over three hours meaning Parker would be landing pretty soon. Deciding in that moment that I was going to surprise him, I went out on the dance floor to tell Asher before making my way to the parking lot. Thank god I talked Miranda into letting us all drive in our own cars instead of renting a limo this year.

The drive over to the airport wasn’t that bad, aside from the fact that the lace from my dress kept getting stuck on the seat belt. I actually made good time, considering it was a Saturday evening. Surprisingly the airport wasn’t that busy either; in fact, I found a parking space almost instantly.

Once inside, I ran towards the televisions that displayed flight times. Before I had left I had texted Jason to see what flight Parker had gotten on knowing that Jason had to have been the one to drop Parker off. I also figured Jason might be on the same flight but unlike my impulsive boyfriend Jason kept his flight that left tomorrow. Parker’s flight was actually arriving early which left me sprinting towards baggage claim to get there before he did.

As much as I despised those couples that ran to each other in airports, I ended up being one of those girls. The minute I spotted him I was off but unlike all those stupid romantic comedies we didn’t collide into the middle, at least not so much so that we ended up on the floor. Instead, I landed in the arms of my beloved boyfriend, his feet anchoring us to the ground so we didn’t topple over.

“What are you doing here?”

“I saw your message while I was at formal and i just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to surprise you.”

“You’re so crazy,” he said shaking his head. “Does everyone else know you left?”

“I only told Asher.”

“Ditching your date for another man. Damn Emmerce that’s not very classy of you,” he teased.

“I”m sure Asher didn’t mind me leaving he was getting comfortable with some freshman. Besides, how could I dance with another boy when I knew my boyfriend was so close.”

“You’re something else. Let’s go find my bags so we can get going, I think we have some friends to meet up for dessert.”

“Only if you’re up for it.”

“I might fall asleep in a pile of ice cream but I’ll never pass up hanging out with you guys. Now come on I think I see my bag.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so let me just say that I have been so horrible at updating it and I might have spread myself too thin with the amount of writing projects and school work I have going on right now. I don't want that to be an excuse because it's not, I've just simply been neglecting this story and I'm so sorry to all of you. I've had a severe case of writer's block which is really frustrating, especially when you have the end of the story mapped out and you can't seem to get there. With that said, I know at the beginning I had said that Change Your Ticket would follow the similar school year as it's prequel but because I seem to be running out of idea I'm leaning towards ending it earlier that Josylne's graduation. Anyways, I'm sorry this is another shorter chapter and it's sort of a filler. I hope you guys still enjoy it though and bare with me I promise I'll get better at this whole updating thing! x