Intercom

Jamie Hillington

Jamie had to admit that he much prefer night flights to flying during the day. Even though he could sleep during the day, the darkness that blackened the windows didn't disturb him and it was significantly quieter as more people would sleep, especially on a long haul flight such as this. With how much tickets were, he couldn't work out why journeying to America took as long as it did. The tickets were overpriced so surely it shouldn't take them 11 hours to get there.

A snore to his left gained his attention as he felt Joey's head fall against his shoulder, making him smirk. Now where did he put that pen...? He poked his head above the seat and stayed where he was as another man walked down the aisle. Once he had passed, he stood up and grabbed his bag from the overhead rack and dropped it down onto his seat. He rummaged through it, desperately trying to find a pen before Joey's head fell too far and he woke up. It was time he got Joey back for kegging him at Clarissa's party. He had hoped to score her number, or even a one-night with her, but the flash had been enough for her and instead her sister took up his invitation. She wasn't too bad, and he suspected that she had bigger boobs that her sister. That was always a plus.

There was some scuffling from down the aisle which he glanced at, but only seeing the man's back, he dismissed it and shoved the bag back into the rack before lounging in his seat. When the hostess next passed, he would ask whether she had a pen that he could use. It seemed that he must have packed all his stationary in his actual luggage, although he was sure that his bag he brought onto the plane with him was supposed to always contain a pen in.

Jamie rested his head against the headrest and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He couldn't wait to land. The best thing about having money was that they didn't need to rent hotels for their holidays because holiday homes were readily at their disposal, and this time it was Russell's parents who had offered up their home for the boys to stay at. It was always nice to have parents that would do anything for them, and even though his mother was often suffocating, Jamie knew he couldn't have imagined his life without her.

The overhead intercom let out a high pitched beep that made Jamie open his eyes. Were they about to announce something? He'd never heard a beep like that on any of his previous journeys. Maybe it was broken. He glanced down the aisle to see a few other passengers looking around because of the beep. It was typical that Joey hadn't even been jolted from his sleep.

Just as he was about to close his eyes, a beep sounded again followed by a voice. "If everyone would remain in their seats, my colleague will present a message to you shortly," the voice said.

Before he could really question what had been said, the cockpit door opened and a man walked through it with an arm around the pilot's neck. Jamie bolted up in his seat and elbowed Joey. What was happening? A practical joke?

"Listen up, this is a hijack. We are in charge now," the man said before he released the pilot, raised his arm and shot him in the back of the head.