Intercom

Jamie Hillington

This was not good. Not good at all. The journey was supposed to go smooth, like it always had, and Jamie was supposed to then enjoy whatever girls he could pick up on their nights out. There wasn't supposed to be a maniac with a gun to shoot their pilot, and there definitely was not supposed to be an announcement of a hijacking. Joey was digging his fingers a bit too hard into Jamie's arm, while Charlie was mumbling something that sounded a bit like a prayer. Since when was he religious? Biggest load of bollocks he'd ever heard.

"Now, we're going to do a little mix-up," the man with the gun announced, glancing around the plane. "I want all the men at the back of the plane and all the women and children at the front. That way, if any heroic idiot decides to make a move, we have plenty of collateral damage."

No one moved, and for a moment Jamie thought that no one was going to listen to the command, but when the man stepped forward and grabbed one of the girls that were sat in the aisle across from him, he knew moving was not an option. "If people aren't moving in two seconds, a bullet will be in this girl's head," he snapped.

That made people jump to their feet. Joey pulled Jamie to his feet, seemingly unable to let go of his arm, but Jamie couldn't keep his eyes off the girl the man was holding. What if he still put a bullet through her head even though everyone was moving? It was one thing to see the pilot being shot, but it was a completely different situation to see a female peer shot, especially someone who was attractive as she was. Hell, he was planning on flirting with her during the flight had they not been interrupted. But what could he do now? The man had a gun and all Jamie had was his karate skills that he'd almost forgot from when he was ten years old. How on earth would that help him? Maybe he just shouldn't do anything. That way he doesn't risk his own life. But what would his mother say if she knew?

His last thought made his resolve solidify and he acted as if he was turning towards the back before lunging at the gunman, fingers grasping the gun. The now crying girl fled from her spot just in time as the gunman smashed the butt of his weapon into Jamie's face, knocking him into the seats before crashing to the floor and making him cry out in pain. "Fuck," he whimpered, bringing his hands up to his face and feeling the warm liquid.

"Get to the back!" the gunman yelled, and Jamie felt his arm being grabbed as he was helped up. Charlie was hauling him towards the back, mumbling about how much of an idiot he had just been. Jamie couldn't focus on anything but how much his nose was killing. He'd never broken a bone before in his life, but right now, it felt as if his nose had been shattered into his skull. A part of him wished that he'd never agreed to this holiday and instead had insisted that they kept to their normal scheduled holiday period. That way their ideal holiday would not be turning into the catastrophe that was unfolding before his eyes.

He had a feeling that before this nightmare was over, his nose was going to be the least of his problems.