Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

Forks High School

During the first day of my freshman year of high school I tripped down the concrete stairwell. I fell down the complete flight of stairs as everyone around me gasped. No one even bothered to help me up or ask me if I was okay, instead someone called 911. The next thing I know was that the paramedics and fire trucks all came rushing into the building to put me onto a stretcher. I already knew by my pain level that I broke one of my ankles and possibly bruised my head since I landed faced first at the bottom of the stairs. My body ached so badly that it was so painful when the paramedics put me onto a stretcher and transferred me to the hospital.

"Good Morning, Joanna!" A pale blond haired doctor smiled as he entered the room. "I'm your doctor, Doctor Cullen. It looks like you fractured your left ankle," Doctor Cullen continued while he grabbed the clipboard from off the wall as he looked at my report sheet to see the details. I watched as he moved closer as he was looking at my face with a flashlight. He was seeing if anything else was wrong so he began to ask, "Did you hit your head when you fell?" Doctor Cullen seemed a little worried that I could have hit my head. I have heard that if you badly injure any area of the head that it could cause a lot of serious problems. I honestly really could not remember if I did hit my head when I hit the concrete floor, I was more focused on the pain in my ankle. However, when I reached up to my head I felt as it was very warm and tender. It was very sore, as I must have hit the concrete very hard after falling. My eyes began to tear up as I began to realize the pain in my head.

"I believe so, but it isn't that bad!" I lied as I looked up at him, he was so gorgeous. Doctor Cullen just looked confused by my words so he reached out and felt the back of my head. My eyes teared up again as I cried out in pain.

"Okay, that really hurts!" I lied down my head to rest my neck and to prevent him from touching the back of my head again. I just wanted someone to operate on my ankle so I could go home and rest. I was already embarrassed enough today.

"Joanna, it may seem that you have a minor head concussion and a fracture in your left ankle. Don't worry; the effects of the concussion are only temporary. So you may experience headaches, changes in alertness, or periods of loss of consciousness. I will hold you here for only a few hours and will monitor you throughout the afternoon to judge whether or not you should be released today. I want you to rest here and use your call button if you need any assistants. Once radiology is clear a nurse will take you to get an x-ray of your fracture then I will personally cast your leg for you and fit you with crutches. Have a good day, I will see you soon."

"Thank you doctor," I said as Doctor Cullen put away the clipboard and put his hand underneath a hand sanitizer dispenser while he began to leave the room. Once it became quiet I heard people walk down the hallway and knock on the door. I said, “come in”, as two of my closest friends from the high school entered through the doorframe.

"Are you okay?" My friend Mike Newton asked me. He was one of the closest friends that I had at my high school, because my other best friend goes to another high school. His name is Jacob Black; he lives thirty minutes away in La Push, Washington. This means we do not get to see each other that often, we have to visit each other on the weekends or over school breaks.