Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

Forks High School Part IV

"Dena!" I called out to her as she ran over and sat down at a table with me.

"Hey, what's up?" Dena questioned as she looked at me. She knew I have not gossiped with her in awhile and I was never this excited unless I had something very important to tell her. I bet she already knew what I was about to say; she always knows when it is about a boy.

"I have to ask you something very important," I told her while I looked around the lunchroom trying to see if I knew anyone. Right away someone caught my eye; Jasper was sitting all the way in the back corner. He was staring back at me so I smiled and waved at him, looking back at Dena I continued to ask her my question.

"Do you know who Jasper Hale is?" I asked her and then I looked over at him again, he was still staring. I did not know why I kept looking back at him, something about him made me turn my head. I have never liked anyone this much before or have ever been this attracted to someone without knowing them first.

"Yes... Why?" Dena asked in a rude tone, it sounded like as if she disliked him.

"Well, I'm kind of interested in him and I wanted to ask you something. Jasper is really hot and cold; he was rude to me one day and nice the other. I have no idea if he likes me or not, I know it could be because he has a girlfriend," I explained looking at her seriously. I wondered if she knew anything about him, since she usually knows everything about everyone here because it is after all a small town. Everyone knows everything about everyone here.

"Um, ah, I don't know...”

"Maybe I should go talk to him? Should I go talk to him? I'm going to go talk to him..."

As I struggled to get up on my feet with my crutches Dena said, "Wait! I don't think that's a good idea, he has a girlfriend remember? You don't want to be that girl."

"I know that you're right, but I have to know if he likes me. I'll be right back Dena." Study hall was a free period, which meant attendance was not recorded, meaning you could wonder off and leave the campus if you really wanted. However, not many students skip study hall because many take it to finish their homework before school is over with. I used my crutches and I approached Jasper. "Hey Jasper!" I smiled as I sat down next to him to rest my arms and legs. I was a little nervous, even though I have talked to him before.

"Hello, how are you?"

"I'm a little confused!" I replied, telling him the truth.

"What are you confused about?" He questioned me, keeping his eyes on me. I was surprised that he could not blink for that long, it made my eyes water if I tried it. I am going to tell him the full truth about why I am feeling like this, he has to know. I do not want to waste my feelings on a guy, when I think he feels the same way.

"I just like you a lot, and I don't know why. I know I just met you and I know I don't have a chance with you, but I had to try and ask," I exclaimed to him as I looked back at Dena, to see if she was mad at me for talking to Jasper. However, I could not see her face as she was working on some homework. So I kept talking to him.

"You should not like me; I treated you horribly the other day!"