Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

The Forest

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you moving?"

"Most of the werewolves have relocated to La Push because the vampires don't want us living in Forks; they believe we're breaking the treaty by being here. If my mom and I don't move to La Push by tonight, the vampires have threatened to force us out. So, my mom decided to take the deal, tonight we're moving in with her sister, my aunt Jennie, she's the one who owns her own nail salon in La Push. I'm going to be fine Joanna, I promise!"

"Even though you'll only be thirty minutes away, I will still miss you. It won't be the same here in Forks without you; I won't get to see you every day like we have since preschool. We need to promise each other that we will visit each other on the weekends as much as we can!" I admitted, telling her everything she needed to know before she had to go. I needed for her to know that I was going to miss her and that it will not be the same without her. I smiled at her to reassure that everything was going to be okay, however, she was looking down as something was on her mind. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"I don't know, I have to go, the pack needs me. But I promise you that I'll visit whenever I can! Goodbye Joanna, I'll miss you!" Dena called out while she began to run back to my house to her car. I could sense that there was trouble near and that the pack needed her. I almost forgot which direction I was in, but then I remembered and turned around to head back to my house. I tried to use my crutches as fast as I could, because it was starting to get dark and the woods were starting to freak me out. I looked down to watch my step as I kept wobbling towards the house, but it was too late. I fell over a tree root and heard my leg cast split open, causing agonizing pain in my leg.

"UGH, STUPID TREE!" I shouted out, getting mad at myself that I had the nerve to trip. I knew I was that clumsy, but I thought I was paying more attention to my surroundings when using my crutches. I had no idea how I was going to get up now that I am in so much pain. When I tried using my arms to sit myself up I heard a rustling in the woods nearby. I had no idea how close I was to any houses in Forks, so I had no idea where the noise was coming from.

"Oh look, she is helpless!" I heard a woman laugh. However, I did not see anyone; it was too dark so I guessed she was near. I was too hurt to get up or to look around, so I lied still on the ground to hide from whoever it was. I shifted my head over to see if I could see anyone and then I saw a blond bare footed man looking down at me.

"Who are you?" I asked sternly, because I was honestly afraid.

"Be quiet!" The man yelled, lifting my wrist up. I had no idea what he was trying to do, but I could not pull away. I did not know what was happening, he just looked down at me and smiled. I watched as he held my wrist closely to his mouth as he quickly lashed out and bit my wrist, sucking the blood out of me. I screamed and screamed trying to get him off of me, but I began to feel light headed as I was losing blood. Something was happening to me, my body felt lifeless and all I could feel was my wrist burning. I thought I was going to die, I could not believe that this was happening to me, a vampire was killing me.