Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

Forks Hospital

"I feel horrible, I'm so embarrassed. The doctor said I have a minor concussion and a broken left ankle," I frowned. I was so angry with myself that I allowed my clumsiness to get the best of me. I do not want to be remembered all school year as the girl who fell down the stairs on the first day of school. They are all going to spread rumors and say I did it just to get out of school, when that is just not true.

"I'm so sorry, I hope you're okay!" My other friend and Jacob's cousin, Dena Black, called out behind a huge pink card. She handed it to me as I laughed so hard that my side hurt, which worried me. I hope my ribs are not broken as well, I hope my x-ray is clear of any extra fractures of any kind. Maybe my ribs are just sprained somehow.

"Thank you, you guys. But you should get back to school because I will be here for a while, I don't want you guys to get into any trouble. I'm still waiting on radiology for x-rays," I exclaimed to them, I did not want them to get in trouble for waiting at the hospital all afternoon. When I am only getting x-rays, which is not worth sitting in the waiting room all day for.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, we do have to go before anyone realizes that we're gone," Mike apologized, frowning over at me. Mike is my next-door neighbor and has been my friend since he moved here when I was in junior high school, but he wants more and I know that. Mike had to of course like me, but he is too much like a big brother to me.

"It's okay, you guys can go now. Thank you for checking up on me and bringing me get well presents, I love you guys. I'll let you guys know when I'm discharged from the hospital, goodbye," I smiled and waved goodbye to them, I was too sore for hugs. After they left I continued to wait for a spot in radiology to open up so I could get x-rayed. I began to feel uncomfortable sitting here in this bed with one leg propped up a plastic pillow.

I was waiting a long time for a nurse to come and take me to radiology for x-rays. I laid back down and I looked up at the ceiling, until I heard someone breathe out heavily. I quickly sat up and looked over at a handsome blond haired guy. He was sitting very stiffly in the corner of the room where it was the darkest; he looked as if he had to be a senior in high school or a young college student because he looked much older than me.

"Um, hello... Who are you? Are you lost?"

"I'm Jasper Hale, Doctor Cullen's adopted son. He told me to stay with you because he's very busy at the moment," Jasper explained. He was staying as far away from me as he could and I about smelled my armpits, he was acting as if I smelled bad.

"Oh. So, are you a student at Forks High School?" I asked him. I wanted to start a conversation with him because I had nothing better to do. I just never knew the Cullen's had adopted children, so I thought that maybe he was new here. He did not answer me though; he just kept on staring at me. Jasper looked tense and very stressed; he held the chair like he was very uncomfortable. "Are you okay, hello?" He still did not answer, so I began to worry about my safety. "Whatever!" I honestly became frustrated and fed up with Jasper; he made me feel so self-conscious, and even a little unsafe.