Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

Forks Hospital Part III

My father and Jasper left the room as a few nurses came into the room to wheel me to radiology for an x-ray. As my father waved goodbye Doctor Cullen followed closely behind as nurses wheeled me down the hallway to an elevator. As we all entered into the elevator one nurse pressed a few buttons as Doctor Cullen began to speak. "So, what grade are you in?"

"I'm only a freshman, today was my first day of high school."

"You attend Forks High School I recall, am I correct?"

"That would be right," I answered, realizing that this whole town probably knew about the incident at the high school. This means I will forever be known as the girl who fell down the stairs during the first day of school in Forks, Washington for as long as I live here. Which will be a very long time, hardly anyone gets out of Forks and moves to a different place.

"Well, my adopted children are also enrolled there. We moved into town some time ago."

"What are their names?

"Alice, Edward, Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper of course."

"Besides Jasper, I don't think I have met any of them."

"Well they are quite older than you."

"They'll definitely know who I am now; I bet everyone is talking about me now."

"This is a small town, everyone knows everything here," Doctor Cullen tried to comfort me, but it was not working. I hated that my father decided to stay in my mother's hometown of Forks after she had left us and fled to another state on the east coast. She left her whole family behind just because she did not want to be a wife and a mother anymore. My father said he wanted to stay in Forks because of Billy Black and his son Jacob. However, I knew we still only lived in Forks because my father had so many good memories with my mother here. He still holds onto her and the hope that maybe one day she will come back, but I doubt it. As long as we are here she will never step foot in the state of Washington ever again.

After spending fifteen minutes or so in radiology to receive x-rays Doctor Cullen said I had a bimalleolar fracture. In English that means I broke the lower bones of my left leg that helps make up my ankle. I am guessing this means a full leg cast and crutches for the next month and a half? As Doctor Cullen and his team wheeled me back to the room I watched as my dad began to approach us with a nurse who probably told him all of the details. Once my bed was in position a nurse locked the wheels and put the railings up. Doctor Cullen grabbed my x-rays and clipped them onto the view box that lit up the x-ray to see my fracture.

"It looks as though you are very lucky; even though you have a fracture your ankle is very stable. Your bones are not out of place, so I will give you a short leg cast and you will be required to use crutches for six weeks. What color of cast would you like?"

"Black, it goes with everything," I laughed.