Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

Forks Hospital Part IV

I was feeling a little better now that I finally got my cast because that meant I could go home and begin healing. Using my new crutches I wobbled out of the hospital with my father who was following closely behind me just in case I fell again. It took me awhile to get to my father's truck because this was my first time using crutches; I have never broken any other bones before. I knew having these crutches meant that I could take it easy at school and that I could take prescribed painkillers if I am in any pain. If I am lucky I could get my cast off in a few weeks if I do everything I am supposed to do, but Doctor Cullen expects me to be out of my cast in a month and a half with my schedule.

"So, did you know that young boy back there?" My father asked. Sometimes my father likes to fill in the mom role and have girl talk with me on occasion, especially when there are boys around. One time when I was in junior high school I was at the shopping mall with my father, we were eating lunch at the food court. A group of high school boys walked by and out of the blue my father pointed them out and tried to ask me if I thought they were cute. I still never understand why my father likes to bring up conversations like these.

"I just met him; he was Doctor Cullen's adopted son. I think his name was Jasper," I answered honestly, because that was all I knew. I never had time to meet new students from the high school, because I was only there for ten minutes this morning. I am sure I will meet plenty of students tomorrow now that the whole school probably knows who I am.

"Well, he was checking you out, I think he likes you."

"Okay, wow, dad."

"What?" My father asked as we finally reached his truck.

"Nothing, you're just very interesting dad." He opened the door and helped me into the passenger seat. Once I was seated he took my crutches and shut the door, I watched as he put my crutches in the back seat before he went over to the driver's side of the truck. I continued looking out the truck's window, I just wanted to go home and rest. I was relieved that I did not have to go back to school today and face all of the students because I was still so embarrassed. My father got into the driver's seat as he started the engine and backed out of the parking space, I watched out of the window as we began to drive out of the parking lot to go home.

"Good. So, how much pain are you in?"

"Not extreme pain, but the pain killers are beginning to subside."

"The prescription they gave you said you can take another here soon," My father explained as he picked up my bag of prescription painkillers from the console and handed them to me. My father would know all about prescriptions and pain killers, because he has been in the hospital so many times before. He is a lumberyard worker, so he cuts wood from dangerous heights all of the time. My father has fell about ten times and has broken or sprained his bones five out of those ten times. It got up to the point where I got a call from him when he was admitted to the hospital and he told me not to come to the hospital anymore unless it was critical.

"Great."

"So, you'll probably be high all day."

"Really, dad?"