Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

Home

"Really! But I'm glad it was just a broken bone and not something else. When I got the call from the school and the hospital I thought someone attacked you, like a school shooting!" My father uttered cutting the ignition off the truck. I noticed that we were already at the house, which was not surprising because our house was not that far away from the hospital. I just was not paying attention, I was staring at my leg cast and wondering how I was going to take a shower or itch my left leg for the next month and a half.

"Dad, this is Forks, nothing like that is ever going to happen here. Don't worry." My father got out of the truck and began to walk over to the passenger side. As I waited for my father to help me out of the truck I looked out of the window and saw a familiar face open the door for me. Jacob Black was standing outside the truck next to his father who was sitting in his wheelchair. "Hey Jacob, Billy. How are you guys?"

"I'm doing much better now that I got to see you; I'm glad that you're okay."

"Joanna, Jacob and I were worried. In La Push we heard something happened to one of the students here in Forks, but we didn't know who or what. We thought we would come over and see if you're okay, but it looks like you got yourself into some trouble," Billy Black said looking up at my leg cast. I just laughed as Jacob and my father began to help me out of the truck, it was not easy but I finally touched the ground with my crutches underneath my arms.

"Thank you for visiting me, I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome," Jacob answered again.

"Hey Billy, are you guys staying for the Mariners game?" My father asked. Billy is my father's coworker; they use to work out in the fields at the lumberyard together before I was born.

Now fifteen years later Billy works in management since he developed type-two diabetes and can no longer walk due to nerve damage. Billy and my father are now old friends, they hangout and watch games here at the house all of the time. They hangout so often that my father installed a ramp for Billy and his wheelchair, now he comes over even more often.

"I'll think about it, Jacob has homework to do."

"So, how was your first day?" I asked Jacob to start a separate conversation from our fathers. I wanted to hang out with Jacob for as long as I could because we barely get to see each other because of school. Billy only brings Jacob over on the weekends or when he has school break. As we were standing there I was trying to signal to Jacob that I wanted to go inside and hangout because I did not want my father to hover over us. When I kept looking over at Jacob I noticed that he seemed a lot taller and muscular than when I last saw him. Ever since we both started junior high school I noticed Jacob has changed a lot more than I have, but that runs in his family. His cousins are the exact same way.

I already knew why Jacob and all of his family were the way they were, but he did not know yet. Jacob's Cousin Dena, who is my friend from school, has exactly what Jacob is getting. Girls tend to mature faster than guys do, so I already know why Jacob is becoming stronger then almost every guy his age and even men older than him. Dena is a werewolf that protects the natives of Forks and La Push from the cold ones or as I call them, vampires. I was not supposed to know, but I feel as if I have always known something was off about this place. I have seen Dena transformed, but I have never actually seen a vampire that I know of. The scary thing is that there could be vampires next door and attending my high school.