Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

Home Part II

Jacob and Dena were the ones that told me about their ancestor’s theories about men turning into wolves. It all fit and I happened to know what was going on with Dena when she refused to see me for weeks on end. At first I admit I was scared because I did not know if she was going to hurt me or even hurt herself, I was scared for her. After learning more about werewolves and Dena's situation I learned that she hangs around a pack of other werewolves. These werewolves come from the Black family and other Quileute Tribe families that originate from Washington. I was worried for Jacob; I could see that at any moment he could transition for the first time. Just last month he was just a scrawny preteen who had no muscle what so ever.

"My first day was alright, would have been better if we went to the same school."

"I swear we say that every new school year."

"We really do," Jacob said as I nodded over to the house. I wanted to go inside and sit down; I believe it is time to take a painkiller or two. I handed Jacob my bag of prescription painkillers as I began to approach the ramp leading up to the porch with both of my crutches underneath my armpits. I slowly wobbled over to the ramp and began to walk up the elevation.

"Jacob and I are going to go inside."

"Do you want any help?" My father questioned looking over at us.

"No, we got it. You guys keep talking."

As we were close to the front door Jacob whispered, "How much pain are you in?"

"Like from one to ten? A ten."

Jacob opened the door for me as he let me through the threshold; he kept an eye on me as I used my crutches to walk into the living room. "Okay, let's go over to the couch. I want you to sit down while I get you some water," Jacob said while he helped me sit down onto the couch. As I sat down and put my crutches to the side, Jacob walked into the kitchen to get me a glass of water to help wash down these huge pills Doctor Cullen prescribed me.

"Thank you Jacob, you're the best, now sit down with me!"

"Here's your water and pills," Jacob sat down and handed me a glass of water while he dropped my pills in my other hand. He watched me as I swallowed the pills with the help of water, as they were gone I leaned my head on his shoulder. Jacob was the nicest guy, I wish we lived in the same town and went to the same school. If we did I knew we would be much more than best friends, we might actually end up being a real couple. However, I was too scared to pursue Jacob because of the distance in-between us.

"Thanks again," I breathed out heavily; I was exhausted from using the crutches.

"You're welcome; you know I'm always here for you!"

"I'm so glad you're my best friend," I admitted, telling him the truth.

"Yeah me too, I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't in my life!"

"I know, I would be very sad if that were true."

"I know, me too…” Jacob agreed as it became silent between us. “Hey Joanna, I'm going to be right back…" Jacob continued as it was beginning to become awkward. I watched he got up from the couch and left the house. I was so unhappy when he had left the room, because I wanted him to stay longer to spend more time with him. As I was still sitting there slumped over on the armrest, Jacob did not come back like he had said. Instead my father came back into the house, looking at me as he walked over to the couch.