Status: Complete

Full Moon Blood Lust

Forks High School Part II

"Billy and Jacob left, Jacob told me to tell you that he is sorry for ditching you and that he says goodbye," My father said as he walked off into the kitchen. I tried to get up and wobble over to my bedroom with my crutches; luckily we only have a first floor. The painkillers finally kicked in and I passed out. It was already the next day and the second day of school as it was still only Tuesday. I got up from my bed and got ready for school, as I was ready I left my bedroom to find my father.

"How are you feeling?" My father asked as I entered the living room, he was sitting on the couch watching the morning news with his feet propped up.

"In pain, but I'm not doing too bad."

"I'm sorry that you have to go back to school so soon. If you end up being in too much pain by lunch time just call me and I'll call you out of class, you can have a half day."

"Thanks dad, but I'll try to make it through the whole day. Will you pick me up ten minutes after school so I can get all of my late homework?" I asked looking at him. I missed a couple of classes while I was in the hospital; I bet I had late homework from the first day.

"Sure, I will pick you up after school; just call me after you get done. Now we probably should head out and get you to school, let's go," My father said as he put on his hoodie and grabbed my book bag. We headed out to my father's truck; he started it up and helped me in. We lived right down the street from my high school so it did not take us long to get there. If I had not of broken my ankle, I could have walked to school instead. My father continued as I struggled to get out of his truck, "Do you want me to help?"

"No, I got it dad. I'll have to get used to doing this by myself."

"Well have a good day honey!" My father smiled as he waited for me to get out of the truck. I was really slow as I got out and swung my book bag on my shoulders while putting my crutches right under my armpits. I said goodbye and then headed for the entrance of the school.

"Joanna, hey! You're back already?" Mike shouted out my name as he came running towards the entrance of the school. I was glad I caught him walking in, because it was less embarrassing with someone by my side.

"Yeah, I'm ready to get this day over with. What's your first class?"

"Introduction to psychology, which you're in by the way. I noticed they called your name during role call and you didn't show up, that's when I found out you were taken to the hospital."

"So, do you think everyone knows?"

"Yeah, literally everyone knows. My friend even wants to write about you in the school paper, I told her not to though. I knew you wouldn't be happy about it," Mike explained as we slowly walked into the classroom, I watched as Mike approached a pale brunette girl sitting by herself. He must have known her; I forget sometimes that Mike and I are in different grades.

"Hey Bella, this is my friend Joanna. She's a freshman!" Mike smiled patting my back as he rushed over to Bella, like I was not important. I did not want to be a third wheel so I sat behind them at an empty table, I laid my crutches on the other chairs so no one could sit next to me. I looked around at everyone in the classroom and noticed they were all looking over at the table where Jasper was. It was that guy again; he was holding hands with a pale girl with short hair. I noticed the others they were sitting with had to be there adoptive siblings, they were all very beautiful, and it was hard not to stare. The Cullen's kept talking and it was like they were laughing at me, like they knew I was staring at them. I could not help but think about how Jasper treated me the other day; he yelled at me and was so rude.