What have I done wrong? (A Jake Bugg Fan Fiction)

The unknown boy

ON THE NEXT DAY

*Jake´s POV*

I´m already awake. I looked at the alarm clock and it showed 7:23 A.M. Is it too early, isn´t it? I thought and to be honest I didn´t wanna get up from my bed knowing it´s cold outside and work that´s waiting for me. I yawned and covered myself with the blanket even more. Not that long later, Monty suddenly started to make loud ´´moew´´, which I tried ignored but he was obviously hungry and I couldn´t let him without food.

And then I forced myself to get up from my bed. I walked to the kitchen, still half-asleep and looked for the milk. Then I poured it into the bowl and put that on the floor. Monty started to drink it really fast like he was on hunger strike too much long and he finally got his very first food after that... Funny how much my kitten can be hungry even when we feed him regularly every day.

After hearty breakfast, I washed up all those dishes that were in the basin and then I finally persuaded myself to go out and shovel the snow. Fortunately the snow had stopped falling. I put my skullcap on and went outside.

The street was absolutely empty, no people there until few minutes later, one young boy appeared. I haven´t seen him before so I worked on and didn´t care. But he suddenly walked the path directed into Ashley´s house. ´´What is he doing there?´´ I thought when suddenly the front door of neighbour´s house opened. And it was Ashley that ran out of her house like the fastest car. She hugged that boy too strong and he did the same. I couldn´t hear what they were talking about but they behaved like they didn´t see each other for so long.

I felt little confused because one moment I thought it was Ashley´s a really good friend or a boyfriend, in worse case. I was lost in my thoughts that I actually forgot I was starring at them like a fool. Then Ashley noticed me and she screamed:

,,Good morning, Jake!" She said happily and waved her hand. I waved her back with gentle smile and I tried to pretend I hadn´t observed them. I shoveled on. But I still thought about her. I was happy to see her in the early morning but not in somebody´s else embrace. Are my hopes drowning again?!

*Ashley´s POV*

Today´s gonna be an another great day. My brother is visiting us and he is going to spend all Christmas holiday with us. I really can´t wait to see him again. Even I don´t know when we were together last time. He always works so much and he lives in the USA. There´s really little time to see each other. When we were younger, we couldn´t stand each other and now? I sometimes miss those old days. The days when we fought for any little stupid thing...

I couldn´t sleep very well last night. I don´t know why maybe it was right because of brother´s coming but maybe it was because of Jake. He is so cute. Mainly, his cute smile... I can´t help myself but I really love his smile. :))) Oh, I should wake up from my meaningless thoughts because I don´t believe that Jake could fall in love with me. It´s quite impossible. ME? A Shy but often really crazy girl?? That would be a miracle if I dated him someday.... but nobody knows.... nothing´s impossible

There´s a knock on the door. My mom was drinking her coffee but I stopped her and ran out of the house first. I hugged my brother really much but I still tried to hide my happiness.

,,Welcome home, bro! " I said and tried to sound calm. I couldn´t show that I missed him much. It would be little bit weird, I guess. Haha...

,,Hello, sister! You´re still so small... why can´t you just grow up?" He joked and he laughed because he was quite tall. He always made jokes about it. I don´t know why, it´s just a height...

Anyway, while I was embracing my older brother, I noticed Jake starring at us. I waved my hand to Jake and wished him ´´Good morning.´´ He did the same to me but then he just turned around and worked on... Like he had no great mood today or what....