Status: Hope you enjoyed it :)

Chasing Pavements

One shot

As Rachel Berry was leaving dance class to head to her Bushwick apartment, she had no intention to bump into something. More specifically someone.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you, I was just rushing to my apartment and I have to make dinner and-"

"Don't worry about it, its cool."

As soon as Rachel saw his face, she turned red. Out of all the people in New York she had to bump into the cutest guy.

"I'm really sorry mister.....?"

"Finn Hudson."

"Rachel Berry at your service."

"Well, I'll see you around Rachel Berry."

And she certainly hoped so. As soon as he started walking away, she thought to herself maybe just maybe they'll meet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon Berry, you wanted to jump his bones."

Rachel rolled her eyes at Santana's crude comment. How they've been friends all these years she still doesn't know. They were rivals at first during high school but when they saw each other at Central Park they talked it out and suddenly became friends.

"No I did not! I barely just met the guy."

"Well, you wouldn't stop raving about him so I figured you wanted the guy."

"He was really cute. But I probably won't ever see him again. I just have to focus on my career."

"Alright chica, I gotta get going can't keep Britney waiting."

"Okay, see you tomorrow then."

Once Santana had left, Rachel kept thinking about a certain 6'3 guy named Finn Hudson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel went straight to the ballet bar as soon as she got into the dance studio. She wasn't going to let Cassandra July get in her head. Just because she wasn't a big success on Broadway doesn't mean Rachel can't.

"Alright class, we have a very special guest today. We have one of NYU's best undergraduate writers here today to do an exposé on NYADA. Allow me to introduce Mr. Finn Hudson."

Rachel had a very little mindset to process this. Did she hear that correctly? Finn is here? She wasn't even in her best dance attire. All she had on was her thin black tank top, red skirt, and heels. She didn't even put a bit of makeup on.

"Hey guys, I'm Finn Hudson and I'm just gonna sit in and just watch. I'll pick someone in the end of class and do an interview with them. Please don't let me distract you all."

Oh goodness she thought. Even his voice was so dreamy.
"Okay, just do what you do normally every Wednesday, don't let some cute, attractive boy get in the way. Stay focused." She muttered under her breath so no one can hear. So Rachel did as she followed. She felt a little self conscious and hoped Finn wouldn't judge her. So she had a big nose and was only 5'3. Just look at Barbra, she made it big when everyone told her she wouldn't. Just as Rachel was starting to feel confident, class ended. She was getting her dance bag and about to head out the door Cassandra called her.

"Rachel? Can you come here please?"

"Yes, Ms July?"

"Mr. Hudson would like to interview you for his NYADA piece. Do you mind?"

"Umm.....no it's fine, I can do it real quick."

"Excellent, well I can't stay I have a few things I need to take care of. Bye Rachel see you tomorrow."

Great Rachel thought. She was stuck with him.

"Well Ms. Berry, it's lovely to see you again."

"Please call me Rachel and it's good to see you Finn."

"Very well then, shall we do this over coffee?"

"Gee Finn, is this a date?" Rachel couldn't believe she said that aloud. Now he definitely doesn't want to interview her.

"Let's call this a work date." He smiled at her giving her a perfect view of his whiskey colored eyes.

"Then let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel sat nervously as she waited for Finn. He practically forced her to stay sitting so he would get the coffee. She assured him she can go but he wouldn't budge. Finn quickly sat down and handed her her coffee. "Okay, ask away."

"Alrighty then, when is your birthday?"

"December 18." He probably needs this so people can have a little bit of info on her.

"Who is your favorite singer?"

"Barbra Streisand."

"Haha just like my stepbrother. He practically worships the ground she walks on." She thought it was cute that he mentioned his sibling. She was an only child and never had anyone to play with.

"Are you single or in a relationship?" That was an odd question Rachel thought. But she was being interviewed and had to answer.

"I am currently single." She said in a sultry tone.

"Well then last question, what are the odds we'll do this "interview" again?"

Rachel suddenly figured out this wasn't a work date this was an actual date. She laughed before she said her answer.

"Very high."

"Well Ms. Berry this concludes our interview for today. We need to continue on a different day because I have more questions for you." he said with a smirk.

"Okay well I must get to my apartment, those dishes aren't going to wash themselves."

"Let me walk you. New York isn't save to walk around by yourself."

"Okay then, let's go." Right when she started to walk she knew for sure Finn was trying to hold her hand. She wouldn't mind if it happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sadly their trip had to close. She was outside her apartment building but didn't want to go inside. She learned so much about Finn. He was from Lima, Ohio and was the high school quarterback. He's been an only child until he was sixteen and his mom remarried and gained a stepfather and stepbrother. When he was a sophomore his girlfriend said she was pregnant with his child but found out it was his best friend's. Then when he graduated high school he got accepted to NYU and wanted to become a writer.

"Well Finn, this is my stop. I really enjoyed talking to you and hope we finish our interview soon." She said with a wink.

"It was good talking to you too Rach, can I have your number so I can take you out sometime?" Rachel couldn't believe he was asking her out! She had to hold down the excitement that wanted to burst.

"Yeah, here's my phone." She watched as he entered his number. He gave her back the phone and looked into her eyes. She couldn't stop looking either said these words.

"You can kiss me if you want to."

"I want to."

Once his lips touched hers, it felt as if the world stopped. She couldn't get enough of him and licked his bottom lip for entrance. He got the hint and opened his mouth. This lasted for a couple of mintutes before Rachel realized she had to get upstairs.

"I really need to go."

"Okay, I won't keep you, I'll text you when we can go out."

"Alright, bye Finn get home safe."

Once Rachel turned around and started going up the stairs she got a text message. She smiled as she read the message.

"Tomorrow. Picking you up at six, dress comfortable."
-Finn

Rachel was already planing outfits in her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it! :)