Sick of This System

Chapter 1

“You’re all here because your parents think you’re dirty, little maggots.” The “Sarge”, as he liked to call himself, announced, “You’ve disappointed them in such a way unimaginable, they sent you here.” He paced back and forth, getting in everyone’s face. He stopped in front of me, his cold, dead shark eyes boring into my own blue ones. “What’s your name, soldier?”
“I, uh-” I stuttered out, before he cut me off.
“We don’t have all day.”
“Luke, sir. My name is Luke.”
“Why are you here, Luke?” He spat my name like it was going to leave an awful taste in his mouth.
“Because my parents think I’m a dirty, little maggot, and I’ve disappointed them in such a way unimaginable.” I repeated Sarge’s words back at him, smirking at his stone sour face. He eyes showed no hint of amusement, and he pulled his clipboard, filled with all our information, from behind his back.
“Luke Hemmings. Major attitude problem, and a pyromaniac, or as the police like to call you, the town’s local arsonist. I’ve heard you have your own chair at the station, is that true?” He reported a summary of my file to everyone. I glanced to my left and the right, each boy had a little smile on his face, holding back their laughter. “Don’t laugh, boys. Surprisingly, he’s one of the worst out of all ten of you.” Sarge sneered, his eyes moving to the boy to my left. “What’s your name, curly cue?”
“Ashton Irwin.” The boy said, matching Sarge’s authoritative tone.
“Ashton Irwin.” Sarge repeated, his eyes scanning the clipboard, letting out a sarcastic chuckle before going on, “Arrested for shoplifting, arrested for vandalizing a school, and each time you were in court, you were disrespectful to the judge.” I saw the boy, Ashton, roll his eyes before nodding. “You two,” Sarge motioned between me and Ashton, “are the worst offenders here. Not the worst I’ve ever had, but out of these pansies, you’re the baddest boys on the block.” He showed a snaggle tooth smile, “Which means I can crack down on you the hardest.”
“Okay, that’s no-” I was cut off once again.
“Did I say you can speak, toothpick?”
“No, but-”
“No buts, I’m in charge. I do what I want to whomever I want. Do you understand?” Sarge smirked, making me want to punch if off his stupid, little face. I went to protest again, when Ashton smacked my hand, silently telling me to stop. “Well, at least we know who the smartest out of you two is.” That taunting smirk never leaving his face. He turned on his heel, walked down the line, and repeated what he’d done to us, to the others.
When he left us alone in the room, I learned the other boys names, and their reasons why they were stuck in this shit hole. There was Calum, an olive skinned boy with black hair, whose parents thought he got in too much trouble at school, and he had illegal tattoos. Michael, his parents despised the way he expressed himself with his bright green hair, and a black eyebrow piercing above his right eye. Zack, who got caught vaping in his school bathroom, and smoked a ridiculous amount of weed. Rian, a surprisingly, really nice kid, but his parents thought he was too nice, as if that was a thing, and sent him here to toughen up. Tony was trying to start a Mexican gang at his school, that consisted of mainly white kids, and the other three boys were the gang members, Vic, Jaime, and Mike.
Sarge ordered us to get ourselves situated in the brick room we were left in, the big room housed five pairs of bunk beds with thin mattresses, scratchy blankets and thin pillows, and now, ten “dangerous” teenagers. Everyone expectantly looked at me and the Ashton boy, as if we were going to give orders.
“What are you looking at, losers?” I sneered, stepping out of line to claim a bunk.
“Don’t call them losers. We’re all in this together.” Ashton said, following behind me.
“This isn’t High School Musical, mate.” I hoisted myself on the top bunk of my choosing, and Ashton settled on the one beneath me. “We’re all a bunch of losers, whether you like it or not.”
“We know we’re losers, you don’t have to remind us.” Michael muttered, giving me a dirty look before taking his own bunk.
“I just want to make sure we’re all on the same page.” I said, folding my hands behind my head, and closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep to the low murmurs of the other nine boys.

****
“Rise and shine, soldiers!” Sarge’s voice boomed throughout the room, echoing of the walls and forcing me to wake up. “It’s breakfast time.” He said, promptly leaving us to get ready.
The minutes went by, and soon we were lining up to head out the door, me and Ashton bringing up the rear. I felt his hands grab my shoulders and spin me around, pinning me against the wall. I tried pushing him away, shoving with all I could, but he was definitely stronger than me. I settled for staring into his eyes, conveying my hatred for him through a gaze.
“Listen up, loser.” He said through his teeth, “I know you have a major attitude problem, but you need to bring it down a notch. We have to get through this stupid camp together, and you can’t be bringing everyone down.’ He pushed me against the wall one more time for good measure, and he swaggered out the door, leaving me slumped against the wall, and for once, some fear inside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow im lame
Luke you asshole