‹ Prequel: Indigo Soul
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Demon Eyes

Chapter Two Sapphire

Chapter Two
Sapphire

It had been two hundred years since I last saw her. Her hair had been red then, but her face and body were the same. Just as I remembered her. I had sensed the distress that burned within her heart as she was running for her life and something else burning within her. Something that would surly kill her if not tended to right away. I combined my malice with darkness and sent the vampire who had attacked her flying backwards. It wasn’t enough to kill him. I didn’t have that kind of time. Taking her in my arms again she looked up at me with familiar eyes wondering who I was. Where I came from. I scooped her up in my arms and carried her into the shadows using them as a portal back to my estate just outside the city.

“Sir?”
Julius asked coming towards me. I narrowed my eyes with determination.
“Bring the medical bag. She’s been poisoned”.
I said laying her on the couch and pulling off her shirt to inspect the wound on her shoulder. The vampire who attacked her had coded his blade with vampire venom. It was just as bad as a bite if you were stabbed and lived. If you had been killed by the blade it would be a burning agonizing death. Julius returned with the medical get but it was too late. The venom was in her blood. I cursed loudly getting to my feet and running my hands back through my hair. Julius looked at me as he kneeled at her side.

“The change, I believe she’s going through the change”.
I turned to him. It was impossible, hybrids didn’t exist. Humans had written stories of hybrid beings in their fiction books but in reality. Being a hybrid was impossible. If there was one, they would be hunted like a dog and experimented on by members of the supernatural government. To be a hybrid was more of a curse then a blessing. Julius turned to me.

“It is true sir, she’s changing. Her magic is combining with the venom from that sword”.
I walked over to her feeling she was burning up. All there was left to do was wait for the change to complete. I took her in my arms and carried her upstairs. She slumped in my arms her head resting on my chest as she smiled to herself while she slept. She must have been having a wonderful dream that kept her from feeling the pain of the change. Maybe it was a magic induced dream I couldn’t say.

I took her into my room and set her down on the bed. I looked back towards the archway seeing my older brother standing there watching me. His arms crossed over his chest and a look of concern in his eyes.
“She’s changing, if she does, she’ll be in even more danger then she’s already in”.
I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Thanks, I know”.

Ice scoffed shaking his head.
“I didn’t say that to make you feel bad Sapphire”.
I stood facing him now as she was comfortably placed on my bed.
“Noted, why are you here?”
I asked, my siblings and I had never been close, though Ice made more effort than any of them to be part of my life. Ever since I was named our father’s heir and gave the kingdom of Tartarus full of the worst souls known to exist to Hecate in order to have an immortal life with Krissi, my brothers wrote me off. All of them but Ice.

Ice cracked a smile shaking his head at me as he pushed off the wall.
“You’re my brother, I am here for you as I should be. This girl, your demon eyes has returned to you for the third time that we know of. It is a phenomenon and the court will have questions. So will the witches counsel. Everyone will be after the two of you and want to take you apart. I am here to help if I can”.

I looked away from him. I couldn’t deny that I would have things to do and keep Krissi secret from the court for a while. I couldn’t explain why Krissi and I had always been able to find each other. But we had, our bond was the strongest of its kind. No demon ever experienced having the same demon eyes throughout his whole existence. None of them but me anyway.

“Julius says she’s changing. A vampire used his venom on his sword. Her blood is tainted and if it’s true, she’s becoming a hybrid”.
Ice approached the bed examining her under my watchful eyes. He looked back at me.
“This is the first stage. Second stage she’ll need feeding. If she makes it through the third stage, she will be unlike any being we’ve ever known”.
Ice said with an amazed smile.
“Amazing things happen around you brother”.
I scoffed at his expression looking like a kid on Christmas morning.
“We’ll see wont we?”

Months passed since that night I found her again. When she was in the second stage I allowed her to feed from me. While she was always in her magic induced sleeping state some part of her knew she needed feeding. Then the third stage, her heart hadn’t stopped beating completely, it was a much slower pace now though. Not a heart rate that any being could naturally live with. Julius entered the room on that fifth night of the sixth month. I was watching her closely from my place in the armchair.

“Sir, you have a letter from the demon court”.
He said, I almost didn’t hear him because I was so transfixed on her. She would be waking up today. I knew she would.
“Leave it in the fire place”.
I scoffed not caring for their letters. Julius approached me with a laugh and placed the summons next to the others I had gotten since Krissi came back into my life. Julius sighed looking towards Krissi as she was resting.

“My lord, you cannot avoid them forever”.
I stood walking over to Krissi sitting on the edge of the bed.
“I don’t intend to. After she’s awake and well enough to travel. I will go to them”.
Julius nodded excusing himself from the room. I laced my fingers with hers watching as she slept. Pushing her hair away from her beautiful face. I couldn’t believe it had been so long since we were last together. Yet her face hadn’t changed, even if she had changed in appearance I still would have found her. Her physical appearance meant nothing to me. It was her soul, her light that I had fallen for.

As I watched her in silence I noticed her eyelids starting to flutter slightly. Finally she was starting to wake.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3