Status: Based on an Imagine I found on Tumblr. Enjoy!

Getting Lost

Getting Lost ; ThorinxReader

You had been wandering around for almost an hour trying to find Bilbo’s home, but everything looked the same. Thorin hadn’t looked up from the map once, and you were worried that his furrowed brow would get stuck like that by the end of the night.

"Thorin, I think we’re going the wrong way." You finally say, trying to get a good scope of the place. The sun had finally set and the only thing light you could depend on were the little lanterns hanging on the houses. "I have the map, we’re not going the wrong way." He spoke, a hint of frustration in his tone. You let out a quiet sigh and rolled your eyes, knowing that he’d be too stubborn to admit that he was lost, as men do.

This had gone a lot differently than Thorin had expected, and he usually had a good sense of direction, but knowing that there was more on his mind, you just figured he wasn’t as focused as he should have been. The Shire didn’t look like that big of a place, but you kept quiet and followed his direction.

Ten minutes had passed and you still felt like you were going in circles. ”I’m pretty sure we passed that picket fence twice already, can’t we just go up the path I suggested?” You were getting a little fed up with this. You didn’t want to spend the whole night looking for a place that could have easily been found 45 minutes ago when you should have taken the path that went left instead of right. “How can you tell we’ve passed it already, everything bloody looks the same. Who here has the map anyway? I think I know where we’re going.” His agitation was growing stronger. ”Yes, you clearly have it, but I’m beginning to wonder if you know how to use it.”

He ignored your comment and kept walking, causing you to let out an even louder groan, thinking you couldn’t have been that much farther from your destination. On the third attempt of finding the place, you let out a sigh of relief as you approached the door, looking over at Thorin and expecting his look of satisfaction, like he had accomplished finding the place on the first try. ”See, I told you I knew where we were going.” He gave a smug smile as he knocked on the marked door, leaving you shaking your head lightly, not being able to hold in the light chuckle. At least you had finally arrived, now the real adventure could begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've never really written drabbles before, but I figured writing short things will help my writers block. It's a bit short, but I hope you enjoy it!