Status: Don't read after dark... That's when they get you

Animatronic Eyes

Tracing

Franky, Bill, Jason and Twitch walked around the mall with us for a while, until Jess got a phonecall.

"Hello?"

She stepped out of our circle and talked for a few minutes. "Guys, I've got to go home. That was my mom, she said my brother's sick, some flu or something. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, we can do this some other time." Jack piped up.

"Yeah, absolutely." Franky agreed.

Jess sighed in relief, "Ok, cool. Are you guys ready to go?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Bye Franky, I'll see you again sometime this week, ok?"

Franky nodded, a huge smile forming on his lips. "Looking forward to it."

I smiled and felt my cheeks flush. I don't blush, so why was I now? I took a deep breath, waved at the other guys, Twitch grinned at us, and we walked away.

I rode in the same spot as before, my gaze returned to the windows, though it was pitch-black out now.

Hello, again, Decsi.

I frowned, but I didn't force the voice out this time, I decided to listen. Would you please not shut me out, this time? It's a bit rude and frustrating.

I didn't have to respond, I didn't know how to, anyways. As I was saying before you decided to kick me out, I need your help. You'll give it to me because, well... You're impressionable and scared. I can control you. You've seen it. And even though you upset me earlier, I decided to give you back your ability to think. The gift of thought, if you will. I unlocked it for you, but not all of them. There are a few more things you need to 'uncover' before I can tell you everything. And I know you'll be patient.

The voice laughed in my head, a deep boom that set off a headache in my temples and made me wince. Sorry about that... I get carried away and sometimes I forget just how uh... Fragile humans are. You can feel pain, see it. You have blood, for Chistsakes. And I... I have nothing. This thing that conceals me? They're nothing. Rags, sewn together with hate. I want out. I want you to see me how I am. I'm really dreadful, actually. You'll feel so sick at the sight of me, you'll pass out. You'll feel a different kind of pain. You'll hate me, probably. But who cares? Why does it matter, anyways? Oh, you know what? The best part is to come... I'll leave you alone, now...

After the voice tuned out, my hearing came back as though the radio was being turned up and the conversations around me significantly louder.

Jess took us all back to the deserted pizzeria, where our cars were. We waved and said goodbye, I was walking towards my car, pausing on the sidewalk to check my phone for messages. When I looked up, my car was the last one in the lot. I sighed and remained calm, walking towards my car, I noticed something.

It stuck out from under the edge of the toe of my converse toe. I pulled my foot back, and looked down at the dirty, torn, wrinkled strip of neon green paper, rustling in the wind. I bent down to pick it up, holding my phone up as a light sorce as I flattened it out in the palm of my hand. I could make out the message on the weathered paper.

Help, it's me!