Status: Don't read after dark... That's when they get you

Animatronic Eyes

Strange Occurancies

"What?" I asked nervously, biting my lip furiously to hide it. "why?"

She grinned "Maybe it'll prove that the animatronic's just like guys, I don't know. Anyways, it doesn't matter, let's go!"

"But I'm working right now." I stalled, giving her puppy eyes. "I really really need that slip signed, and I don't want to get ditched for not doing the work." I lied. I knew Mr. Miller was so thrilled to have me here, that he wouldn't care if I sat on my butt all day, he'd still sign the slip, happy to know that the slate was clean for teens volunteering at Freddy's again.

She sighed loudly "That's such a lame excuse." She whined.

"But, it's a good one." I smirked, she rolled her eyes. "Fine, your lunc break is in an hour. I won't forget."

With that, she skipped away in her black skinny jeans, red t-shirt and frilly blue emo skirt. I mumbled under my breath, praying that she did indeed end up forgetting.

I waited to one more family, got two drink refills and brought out six pizza trays from the kitchne and cleared three tables. I scrubbed at the checkered tile in deep thought.

What would Jess do? Would she make me talk to them, make them do something? Or prove to her that they weren't scary? It'd be hard to do that when they never stopped being scary in the first place...

I noticed a few kids run out of the arcade. Not a big deal, there were kids running everywhere. Hanging on the furniture, climbing on everything, shouting and screaming frantically in the ball pit. I only glanced at them then looked back down at my work.

I gathered cups, silverware, used napkins and plates into my arms, balancing most of it on three piled silver pizza trays. I was getting used to it, like Cyrus said I would. I snatched the salt and pepper shakers and checked to see when they needed to be refilled, when three more kids ran out of the arcade, right beside Pirate Cove.

Then something horrific happened: A kid charged through the purple curtains cutting Pirate cove off from the public. He lunged off the stage screaming his lungs off. Cyrus started approaching him before I had the chance.

"Hey kid, you aren't supposed to be back there." Cyrus called and she walked towards him.

"He's gonna kill us!" the kid shouted, and I realized it was the punk kid from earlier. He scrambled away from the stage on his knees, breathing heavily, he hid under a table. The cloth covered his face, but I could hear his frightened whimpers.

All conversations in the roo dropped and they simply stared at the curtains, at Cyrus, and the shaking kid under the table.

"What is going on out here?"

I turned around as Mr. Miller came, Jess pulling him frantically towards the scene. Mr. Miller pushed his glasses up further on his nose. "What happened?" He said in a hushed tone to Cyrus when he got closer.

Cyrus looked around the horrified room and whispered something to Mr. Miller. His eyes widened, but not in fear or concern.

"Ok, I've got it." He sait quickly, patting her shoulder.

He walked towards the table the little boy hid under. He crouched.

"Hi there, what's your name?"

I couldn't see his face. Just the top of his head from the other side of the table.

"Hi Josh. I was told you were upset. Can you tell me what happened?"

I couldn't hear the kid's response. Just a low mumble.

"Ok. Thank you, here, come on out. We'll fix you up with some free ice cream and you can go home. Would that be ok?"

I assume the boy said yes, because after a silent moment later, he began to come out. His face pale white, cheeks flushed, eyes wide, bloodshot and horror stricken. His hair was matted to his forehead like he was fighting a major fever.

But it wasn't this that concerned me the most: The kid looked close to fifteen. Fearless the way he'd spoken to Freddy earlier. But now the poor kid was shaking like a leaf, arms crossed tightly across his chest and dewing beads of sweat were trickling down his temple.

Then I noticed the scratch on his arm. Now this could have been caused by anything. Some of the equiptment backstage, when he jumped off he could have caught it on something, or maybe under the table. However it happened, it was a little out of place.