Seduction Leads To Destruction

Down Come The Walls

It was torture.

He sat at the desk, rubbing his weary eyes with one hand. His glasses were nowhere to be found and the blue contacts he was wearing were making his eyes itch. The office was as busy as usual and the only reason he was still there was so he could watch him.

He'd joined about a month ago, and Mike had been infatuated ever since. He was in love with his beautiful hazel eyes, his silky black hair. He loved the way he always disregarded the dress code and came to work in jeans and t-shirts. It was just so rebellious.

Mike hadn't spoken to him yet, but he was dying to. Perhaps he should ask him out for a drink? That was inconspicuous enough, not to mention an easy way of getting close to him. Yes, he'd ask him out for a drink. Perfect.

But for the time being...

He would have to be content just staring at him. He never noticed anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch couldn't come fast enough.

The hands on the clock seemed to be moving slower as Mike watched them. He was slightly suspicious about somebody tampering with his clock, but dismissed the idea as ridiculous. Although, Janet hadn't been in the best mood with him since he declined her not-so-subtle invitation to go out. 'Just the two of us' she almost purred, and Mike cringed at the memory. Any other time, he might have said yes, but now he had his eye on the new delectable employee, he wasn't interested.

Mike buzzed with excitement as lunch came around and Gerard stood up to go outdoors for a smoke. It was a ritual, Mike had noticed, for him to go out every lunchtime, grab coffee, and smoke a cigarette.

Mike followed him out of the fire exit, watching him turn the corner into an alleyway. Mike wiped his clammy hands on his newly pressed slacks and proceeded to go after him.

He stopped at the corner when he heard voices.

"...and I'm pretty sure you know what I mean," someone said softly. It was an obviously male voice, and Mike wondered what they were talking about.

"Frank, I don't know. We've known each other for so long and I really don't want to ruin our friendship."

Mike froze.

"Please, Gerard, can't we at least give it a go?"

He heard Gerard sigh, but then mutter an 'okay.' Mike peered around the corner just as they both leaned in for a kiss. He turned away quickly, heartbroken and angry, and went back inside.

He say down heavily on his chair, clenching and unclenching his fists, trying to regulate his breathing. He was angrier than he ever had been, even angrier than that one time...

No, he wouldn't dwell on that. Gerard walked through the door a moment later, windswept and slightly red. He sat down at his desk just as Frank walked through too, and gave Gerard a little wave. Mike felt a sharp stab in his stomach, but ignored it.

"Who was that?" he asked, trying to sound interested, rather than angry.

"Frank Iero," Gerard replied, smiling slightly. "He works downstairs."

Mike nodded, then turned back to his computer screen.

Frank Iero he thought, a sour taste in his mouth. Your going to regret this
♠ ♠ ♠
Before you ask, Mike isn't Mikey. That would be...weird.

Thanks for the reviews, much appreciated.
xx