The Home

Twenty

Rollin silently prayed for a table of food before entering the kitchen area — he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make himself something edible to eat. He stopped by the table and huffed when he saw it cleared and clean. Great. He combed a hand through his hair, water flicking off as he did. He smirked when someone made a sound of disgust.

Lana scoffed when she entered the kitchen, pissed off that she wasn't alone. She had been trying to keep track of people coming and going, thinking the coast was clear for her to try and find something of substance to eat. Her face turned to one of disgust, and she crossed her arms over her chest. It was an attempt to stand her ground. "Ugh, I thought it smelled like wet dog in here," she sneered, moving towards the cabinets in search of food.

Rollin didn't say anything, just antagonized her by shaking his hair a little more. Lana rolled her eyes and continued to search the pantry. She could sense that he was still behind her, and she turned around, hands placed firmly on her hips.

"Can I help you with something?"

Her voice was strong, yet cracked at the end. It was like she knew she could take him, but she also knew he could tear her to pieces. She stood there watching him, expecting a sarcastic response. But instead, he moved closer with a smirk on his face.

"Actually I was wondering if you could maybe make me something to eat, too. I mean, you're a witch aren't you?" Rollin raised a brow. "Can't you like... you know..." he waved his arms, flicking his right hand as if holding a wand, "magically make food appear?"

Rollin felt the wolf bristle and warned him to watch it. The wolf didn't know anything about the young witch, but knew that they could be tricky.

It took Lana a lot of self-restraint to not throw herself at him, and quite frankly, she wasn't sure why she held back. Sure, he might hurt her, but he was pushing it. She didn't use a wand. Is that what he thought she did? Just wave her wand and make birds sing and whip up baked goods? She'd show him...

Lana gnawed on her lower lip and thought for a moment, wondering if getting close to Rollin could be in her favor. She unclenched her jaw and leaned against the counter, looking back at Rollin. "Sure, I could do that," she said, watching as the expression on his face changed to one of surprise. She crossed her arms once again and continued on, "But why would I want to?"

Does she think he'd play fetch? Rollin's eyes flashed before he rolled his shoulder. His wolf was trying to push through, and he gritted his teeth from the restraint of keeping him at bay. His hearing perked up and he smirked when he heard the quiet growl of the witch's stomach.

"Because you're hungry?"

He relaxed his hand when he felt a sting, and looked down to see his nails were pointed and sharp. The wolf clicked Rollin's tongue and hummed, staring at them. He ran his finger along the counter and grinned when it made a dent in the wood.

Lana stared down at the counter, wondering at Rollin's easy strength. The air in the room had changed and Lana tried to silence her breathing, which had become heavier. It was like a completely different person stood in front of her now and she didn't want to stay there for another second.

She moved from the counter, repeating a spell under her breath, just in case she needed it.

"You know, I think I'm going to head back to my room. I'm suddenly not all that hungry," she said, making her way to the kitchen door. She had almost made her way out when he, or should she say, it stepped in front of her to block the door.

The wolf's nose tingled. He almost let the girl leave but the way she rushed to do so was enticing to the animal. He stared down at her and lifted his lip in amusement. "Running from the wolf, hm?" He felt his stomach jump, and touched the tip of his growing canines. He'd never had a witch for dinner and wondered if she'd taste the way she smelled – like candle wax and burnt charcoal. His lip curled at the thought of that. She wouldn't be very appetizing.

The wolf felt Rollin tugging at him in a way he hadn't felt in years. His neck stretched to the side, as his head rolled back down to stare at the which. “So...can you make food with magic or not?” he asked through gritted teeth.

-----------------


Tahmoh had wandered downstairs after helping the vampire clean up and find a new shift, making his way towards the kitchen. He still needed to introduce himself to the rest of the home, and frankly, he was hungry. Exiting the stairwell, he walked slowly towards the kitchen, trying to make sense of the quiet voices he heard. Standing just out of sight, he watched a young man stand in front of a young woman, barring her exit from the kitchen. He paused, watching carefully. If he needed to, he would step in. Otherwise, it was probably a good time to observe how the residents interacted with each other.

-----------------


Lana continued to whisper to herself and focused on the body in front of her. She could sense something happening; an inner battle of sorts. She slowly said the spell under her breath to incapacitate the wolf. She had expected him to collapse to the floor, but still he stood in front of her. However, something had changed.

His eyes weren't black anymore. They had returned to the smooth, chocolate brown that she had remembered. He seemed less aggressive and stared at Lana intently. She moved forward, hesitantly, speaking to him. "Rollin?"

Rollin's world tilted, and he couldn't stay in one spot without swaying. He gasped and breathed in air like he was pulled out from a swimming pool, he thumped against the door as his head cleared. "You goddamn asshole," he grumbled. He lifted his hand, ignoring the way the witch's breathing hitched, and squeezed the tension out of his neck.

He looked around and took in his surroundings, he saw that he and the witch had moved, and were now standing by the kitchen entryway. The sweet-grass newcomer was a little ways behind him but he didn't care, not this time. His wolf had rushed out of him so fast that he was instantly knocked out, he wasn't used to that. He furrowed his brow, and searched for his wolf. He couldn't feel him. No, there he was. Was he just...sleeping?

He snapped his head to stare the witch down. "What the hell did you do?”

Tahmoh slinked forward, stepping in between the witch and the werewolf quickly. He raised his hands in a placating gesture.

"Perhaps we should cool this down. Rollin, right? I'm sure Abby is done with Aita, you should go for your session. I'll have some food prepared by the time you're done." He sent a sidelong glance toward the witch, hoping she didn't instigate further.

Lana put a hand up, her palm facing Tahmoh to make him stay out of whatever was going on between she and Rollin. She moved to the side, once again stepping closer to where Rollin stood. She could feel the pressure in her veins rise and her heart beating faster.

"What did I do? If I hadn't gotten rid of th-that thing, I'd be in pieces on the floor right now."

"You're a rude little witch, aren't you?" Rollin growled, stepping around the long haired male to move closer to her. He didn't know whether to hug or attack the small female. He couldn't remember a time he felt this free from the creature of the moon.

His thoughts and feelings were his own. It was a relief, yet it made him uneasy. He wasn't sure if he liked it. The wolf was a part of him, something he'd known for most of his life.

"You better pray for an smooth awakening," Rollin hissed, with a tilt of his head. He lifted his chin, looking down at the witch and walked off without a glance back.

Tahmoh stepped in front of the witch again, arms crossed, standing firm in front of her. When her gaze finally turned to him, he said, "It is necessary for everyone in this house to work together. That wolf would not have harmed you, I would have made sure of it. From now on, no spells."
♠ ♠ ♠

Below, characters are linked to their writers:
Khloe | Camus | Mabuz | Tahmoh | Rollin West | Lana Bristow | Rocio Ryland | Marina Austin | Blyme Brodim | Abigail Peston | Alexander Aita | Dillon Shepherd | Maxwell Alchemy | Mariaxielle ''Rogue'' Hartsong

Special thanks to:
exploding boy. and Mr. Darcy for editing.
She Said Poptarts for the banner and layout.