The Home

Three

The vampiress' blood was boiling and just as she was about to snap, the sound of the door opening diverted her attention. Everyone turned to see who caused the disruption.

A beautiful girl walked in, holding two bags filled with what seemed to be clothes. "Oh, hi," she said, using her leg to close the door behind her, ''I'm sorry I'm so late.'' Quickly, she placed her bags in the corner of the room before walking towards the curious group.

"I'm sure you were waiting for me." The girl took a seat, smiling as she carefully examined everyone in the room. She pushed her hair behind her ears and crossed one leg over the other. She looked sweet, with her long, straight, honey brown hair, and her small, dark blue eyes. "I'm Marina. I was supposed to arrive tomorrow but, well, things changed."

"Well, I'll be damned. Finally someone with taste," Maxwell mumbled to himself, now over his anger as quickly as it had come. The voices in his head retreated back into silence and he retook his seat. Blinking at the woman before him, he continued, "You missed one heck of a show." He smiled towards her, intrigued by her sweet appearance. Leaning back in his chair, he stretched his arms over his head and nodded towards Blyme, smirking. "I almost took on a conceited god, but my interests have finally been peaked. Name's Maxwell Alchemy," he focused his green eyes on hers, "What are you in for, Princess?"

Rocio let out a breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. It was much easier to deal with the supernatural one at a time then shoving so many in one room, especially when there were types like Blyme and Maxwell. She looked at Abby and clicked her tongue, standing up and clapping her hands to gain everyone's attention.

"Hi, Marina. Welcome," Rocio began with a kind smile. "Obviously we all come from different sides, some egos are rather…inflated," Rocio glanced at Maxwell and continued, "Just remember why you came here, and remember everyone has a different motive. But the one single defining reason you all came here to Abby and I, is so we could help. And we can't help if you choose to act like Neanderthals. So let's try to make it through lunch without killing each other or insulting each, hmm? Seem like something you can do?"

"Yes," Rollin growled out through his teeth. He'd been doing his best to control himself, to refrain from launching at the human doctor to quench his hunger. "I want lunch. I want food. Now." His vision quickly sharpened before going back to normal. The newcomer's presence certainly wasn't helping, especially when she looks so much like Caroline, a devious little wolf that also happened to be the sister of his ex-alpha. She was the reason he was in this stupid place they call 'a home.' He needed to leave, and he was going to leave whether the human liked it or not.

"Be quiet, foolish wolf," Blyme snapped at Rollin. "Your hunger does not give you the right to be rude to our guest." He turned towards Marina and bowed. "Greetings. My name is Blyme Brodim; you may have heard my name spoken in temples." He gestured to the other members of the group. "I do hope this... riffraff do not cause you harm."

''Such a gentleman,'' the young woman said to Blyme, whose mind she could perfectly hear in her head, like an honest melody. ''Nice to meet you, I'm Marina Austin.'' They shook hands and she turned to Maxwell in order to reply to his earlier question. She was about to speak when she realized she couldn't hear anything coming from him. His mind was sealed, with a wall sort of. ''I'm here to change my ways. For the record, I am a mind reader.''

Mariaxielle smiled at the young girl; she seemed like she was going to be her best friend in here. It wouldn't be so bad for the two of them to be good friends, especially seeing as everyone in the room liked her already. That could work to her advantage in the days to come. ''I am Mariaxielle, but please, do call me Rogue. I prefer that name more than my ancient one,'' the vampire said while getting up from her seat and walking towards the young woman whose sky blue dress went along nicely with her eyes.

After shaking hands, the vampiress took a seat beside Marina. ''You won't be able to read my mind though, I'm a vampire.'' Winking playfully, the vampiress showed her perfectly white teeth and fangs.

Marina was taken by surprise, but quickly regained her composition. Turning her eyes towards Maxwell, she asked, ''Oh, is that why I can't read his mind as well?'' Mariaxielle nodded. ''So, when will the first session end?'' Marina continued, eager to go to her room and meet her roommate if she were to have one in this place.

''I think right now!'' the vampiress said with a serious look on her face as she turned towards the doctors.

"Please," Maxwell stressed, standing up out of his seat. He flicked his leather jacket out, fixing it to a tidier look. He could hear his motorcycle's keys jiggle in the inside pocket, along with the remains of leftover sunflower seeds from his long drive to the home. He darted his eyes from Rocio and Abby impatiently, and started walking backwards towards the exit as he spoke. "I've had more conversation today than I've had in an entire century and I'm still itching for that free food."

Rollin's wolf had yet to turn his attention away from the old dwarf. He may be old and he may have had magic but Rollin convinced himself the dwarf wouldn't have been able to survive years in the wild without magic, food, or clothes to help. The well-built male glided his tongue along his teeth, and continued to stare at the dwarf. He snorted, lifted his chin and turned away when the mind reader spoke. He cared nothing for her, and so he followed Maxwell, passing him and heading straight to the doors. He didn't need permission to eat.

With a heavy plop, Abby returned to her seat. Leaning forward, pressing the heel of her hands into her eyes, she let out a deep breath to calm herself. "Okay," she sighed, "I guess it couldn't hurt if we took a moment's break." She waved her hands dismissively towards the door leading out of the sitting room. "Refreshments can be found in the kitchen. We've tried to make as much dietary accommodations as possible but if you can't find anything to your liking, please do let Ms. Rocio or myself know."

Turning to face Rocio, Abby quietly asked, "The um...stuff for Ms. Hartsong...we did put that in the cooler, didn't we?"
♠ ♠ ♠

Below, characters are linked to their writers:
Khloe | Camus | Mabuz | Tahmoh | Rollin West | Lana Bristow | Rocio Ryland | Marina Austin | Blyme Brodim | Abigail Peston | Alexander Aita | Dillon Shepherd | Maxwell Alchemy | Mariaxielle ''Rogue'' Hartsong

Special thanks to:
exploding boy. and Mr. Darcy for editing.
She Said Poptarts for the banner and layout.