The Home

Eight

With Mariana and Alexander out of the room, Abby plopped heavily into an empty chair. The residents had only been at the Home for a day and already she was exhausted. She knew she wouldn't be able to do this on her own, and she wasn't supposed to be.

Fishing her phone out of her pocket, she looked for any new notifications. When she'd agreed to the job, Rocio had promised her that any reaping she'd need to do would only keep her away for a few minutes at a time. Yet she'd already been MIA for almost two hours.

Coming up empty, Abby toggled to her contacts, thumb hovering the emergency number Rocio had given her. Was this an emergency? Abby wondered. Probably not. But still, wasn't it a bit strange for her to be gone so long?

Deciding against the call, Abby pocketed the phone before getting up to put the room back to sorts. She'd give the group session a rest until the following evening. Hopefully Rocio would be back. Until then, she'd try to get to know the residents individually.

Abby took her time tidying the library - lining the desks and chairs back up together, and placing a few books back on the shelves - before using her laptop to print a couple of pages and the old copier to make multiples. Sliding the door shut behind her, Abby pinned a sign-up sheet on the library door before heading upstairs to slip notices under the residents' bedroom doors.

Image


Image
♠ ♠ ♠

Below, characters are linked to their writers:
Khloe | Camus | Mabuz | Tahmoh | Rollin West | Lana Bristow | Rocio Ryland | Marina Austin | Blyme Brodim | Abigail Peston | Alexander Aita | Dillon Shepherd | Maxwell Alchemy | Mariaxielle ''Rogue'' Hartsong

Special thanks to:
exploding boy. and Mr. Darcy for editing.
She Said Poptarts for the banner and layout.