Status: Working on it

We're Not to Blame for Seeing Love Is Pain.

The Call

Matt checked his phone for probably the fifth time in 2 minutes. He went through missed calls, text messages.. But found nothing. Something was wrong here. The band had a meeting that should’ve started about an hour ago, but two of their members were missing. Which was strange, since he received a text a few minutes before the meeting should’ve started, saying ‘We’re on our way.’ And Matt knew that the drive didn’t take an hour. It was barely a ten minute drive from the guitarist’s house to his. Okay, he had to pick up one of the others, but that also didn’t take an hour. Something must’ve happened. He was sure. He felt it in his bones, like the day Jimmy had died. He had the same kind of feeling, felt tension in the air. “Val, did someone call you saying they’d be late?” His wife, Valary, shook her head. “No, nothing.” He desperately looked at the two members that had arrived on time, but they also knew nothing.“Matt, it’s probably nothing. Maybe he had trouble with his car, ended up with an empty tank or something.” Said their bassist. Matt sighed and shrugged. “Brian would’ve called to say so, don’t you think? It’s just not like him.” Val rolled her eyes. “You know him, he’s probably too busy getting things fixed up.” But it didn’t calm Matt down, at all. He still had that horrible feeling that reminded him way too much of what happened five years ago. Their other guitarist, Zacky, also didn’t look too calm. He had a tight grip on his girlfriend’s hand, who gave him a worried look. So, he wasn’t the only one feeling like this. He paced further, scratching his chin and looking down at the ground. No one said something about it, because they all knew that Matt could be snappy if you talked to him when he was thinking like this. The only thing that broke the silence after a few tense minutes, was the loud ringing of Matt’s phone. Everyone looked at him, and without looking who called, he answered it. “Brian? Where the fuck are you?” He stopped pacing and swallowed. “Excuse me, Sir, this isn’t Brian.” The female voice on the other line spoke. His face went blank. He just could feel all the color drain from it. “Then who am I talking to?” He talked a lot softer now, realizing he was right. Something had happened. “This is the Huntington Community Hospital. We tried to reach Brian Haner’s father, but he didn’t answer the phone. You were second on the list to call when an emergency happened.” Matt felt his heart sink. Emergency, hospital.. No. “A- an emergency? What happened?” He heard some muffled noises on the other side, before the woman started talking again. “I’m sorry sir, we can’t tell this over the phone. Would it be possible to come to the hospital right now? It’s urgent.” Couldn’t tell? What?! He HAD to know what happened, right now! But he kept his cool and closed his eyes for a second. “Okay. We’ll be there as soon as possible.” He ended the call and looked at the others, not knowing how to tell this. Zacky looked up, his face emotionless. “Something happened, right?” Matt nodded, mouth slightly open. “They asked to rush over to the hospital. They called me because Brian’s father didn’t answer. We have to leave, now.” Valary looked confused. “But what happened?” Matt shook his head and took her hand, pulled her outside to the car. They didn’t bother for jackets or anything, even if it was pretty cold. There were more important things to do now. “They didn’t want to tell over the phone.” That could only mean one thing; it was something bad, and maybe someone was dead, or in critical condition. He got in the driver’s seat and waited till Zacky, Johnny and their girls got in their cars. They left one by one. Matt drove first, his fist clenched around the wheel so hard his knuckles turned white. Val said nothing, just stared out the window. She just couldn’t imagine that something like this would happen again. They already lost one, wasn’t that more than enough? That’s when it hit her, Brian wasn’t the only one in that car. “What about Arin?” Matt blinked a few times. Seems like he’d forgotten about the fact that Brian had to pick up the young drummer. “Shit.. They didn’t mention anything about him. They’re probably calling his parents to. If he was in the car.” Valary frowned. “Brian picked him up. So he must’ve been in that car.” Matt bit his lip. “I don’t know. What if something happened before he picked him up?” That could’ve happened to, indeed. But just like Brian, Arin would’ve called. She didn’t point it out to Matt, he probably knew that himself. They could only hope for the best; that no one was dead. Because one thing was sure; Avenged Sevenfold could not handle the death of another member. The ride was silent for what was left of it. They arrived at the hospital, soon followed by the two other members. Matt parked as close as possible and didn’t care if he got weird looks for running to the entrance. Zacky and Johnny ran to, the girls walked. There was an ambulance in front of the hospital and another one on the side of the building, but they both were empty. He didn’t trust this. Matt rushed over to a nurse, who smiled at him. “Can I help you?” Stop smiling like that. “Yes, ehm, someone called me about Brian Haner, saying he was here? What happened?” The nurse typed something on her computer and frowned. “Oh.. Well, an accident happened, I don’t know much about it. Doctor Green is treating them. His room is just down the hallway on the left. He’ll explain everything.” She gave him a smile, but a sad one this time. Matt was sure that she knew more, but just didn’t tell. He nodded. “Thanks.” He walked in the said direction until he found the room, ignoring the questions coming from his bandmates. He knocked on the door and an older man with glasses opened. “Is this for Brian, Arin and Kimberly?” So, Kim and Arin had been there too? Oh God. Matt nodded, not being able to let out a word. The doctor sighed and took of his glasses. “Horrible accident. My condolences. There was nothing more we could do.” Everyone went quiet. Seconds, maybe even minutes of silence passed. “They’re all dead?” The question no one dared to ask, came from Lacey. Johnny’s girl. The doctor looked surprised. “What? No! Didn’t the nurse inform you? Lord.. No. Only one person. Dead when we arrived, nothing we could do. It was horrible-“ Matt cut him off. He didn’t care if it looked rude. He had to know who had passed. “Doctor, who?” The man sighed. “Well..”
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, this is the first actual chapter. I hope you like it! Again, i'm sorry for eventual spelling or grammar mistakes. And who's dead? Oeh, cliffhanger! I'm evil, i know. Muahah. Comment are still welcome :)