‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

Fade.

Ava had just left work, her hair was in a messy bun on her head and her feet were killing her. But she pushed her way through the Manhattan sidewalks, she wanted to get home to relax. Steve had came by after the break in and became more protective, thus causing tension between her and his girlfriend.

It wasn't as if the girl was bad, she was just to clingy and down right annoying.

"Steve why did you bring her?" Ava asked softly hoping she wouldn't hear. Steve sighed as he leaned closer to her.

"She asked, I said okay. After a long arguement." His hands rubbed along his face and threw his hair, she couldn't help but to shake her head and peer over his shoulder at her. She stood in her kitchen, not cleaning, not anything. She stood in her kitchen on her phone.

"She's clingy." Ava spoke while standing, Steve had flipped the couch to its right place. He never got a chance to respond to his friend, because Lilly had walked in with a smirk.

She took a quick seat on his lap causing him to grunt ssoftly, Ava had given him a small eye roll and eye brow raise to let him know, she wasn't lying.


Her door opened and she steps into the house, it was cleaner and there was no broken anything on her floors. Her kitchen was spotless and her living room had a new table, courtesy of Steve. Or his girlfriend. She didn't really care, it was a nice table.

"Jarvis, do i have any messages?" She spoke whole hanging her coat on the proper hanger.

"No, but you have a visitor." Ava paused, her eyes brows furrowed together and she grabbed the pocket knife in her coat. Taking slow steps she eyes the living room, it was dark. There was a figure sitting in the far corner, her hand flicked on the light switch.

"Bucky?" Her voice was shallow and low, she had gotten more memories of him. But with him not around, they were easier to handle and possibly forget.

His eyes met hers, the mask on his face covered his mouth. His hair hung in his face slightly as black eyes shadow made a ring around his eyes, it was weird. She clung to the knife for dear life, just hoping that he was here for a good reason.

"I'm the winter soldier, you're my mission." He stood slowly.

"Bucky stop, you would never hurt me." Her voice shakes as she backed up into the kitchen, ready for another bout if words until a blade wizzed last her face. Her hand touched her cheek and a small trail of blood slid down. "Son of a bitch, you cut me!" She gripped the knife and threw it, aiming for his head but it landed in his thigh.

How she was able to get him, confused her. But she wasn't staying to find out, her mind rushed as she ran up to her bedroom-slamming the door shut behind her. Not caring that he would here.

"Would you like me to call for help?" She heard Jarvis and shook her head. "No, I got this..I think." She didn't hear his footsteps, but she saw the door handle jiggle. Then her door was half way across her room

"I just fixed that, god your a douche bag!" She ran for the window, her hair sliding out of its bun and into the metal grip of Bucky's hand. A screech escaped her lips and her hands went flying back. "Let me go!" She slammed her foot down on his, but it didn't affect her.

Ava's body hit the ground of her room hard, the breath knocked out of her as she stared up at him. He wasn't Bucky, he was a soldier. He was a soldier on a mission that he needed to complete and that meant with her dead.

"Jarvis." She spoke watching Bucky, his hand clenching as he lowered down. "Play the message for when he comes home." His hand wrapped around her neck, she could feel her pipes closing.

"Thank you Bucky." Her voice echoed through the house as she felt his grip on her throat, her vision started to fade. More and more, it was until she hit the floor did she realize that he had let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

I really hope you enjoy this chapter, I am so damn tired and ready to eat dinner then pass out.