‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

I'm His Mission.

Her hands rested on her knees, her eyes stared out into the distance. Her neck was sore and it hurt to speak, or eat- do anything for that matter. So she sat there, staring at nothing. Her mind was a blank, yet rushed. It was rushed with memories, painful memories.

Distant memories.

She didn't move at the sound of her front door opening and closing, she didn't move when the footsteps came crashing up the stairs and into the room. She was numb-yet in pain.

A hand touched her cheek, it was warm and welcoming. But she didn't lean into it, she didn't welcome it.

"Ava."

Steve's voice hit her ears and she took a deep breath in, slowly letting it out. But she didn't look at him, she didn't care that he was there. She licked her lips. "H-He...was going to kill me." She spoke, her voice hoarse from the lack of water.

"I was nothing but a mission." The words dropped like venom slightly and Steve pulled his hand away, he slowly took a stead next to her.

"Why would you be his mission?" Steve asked, not to her directly but maybe more to himself.

She let her eyes travel over to him, a smirked played at her lips. Steve had a hickey on his neck. Her finger slowly poked at it causing him to flinch and blush. But her face soon fell, the thoughts Came back.

"I'm the target again, he's the assassin." Her eyes narrowed.

"Why didn't he kill you last night?"

Her eyes widened slowly, while he was strangling her to death- something told her to say that. Something deep within, told her to play that message. "I told Jarvis to play the last message for him, he let me go." Her hand rubbed her face and she yawned, why she tired all of a sudden?

They sat in silence for what seemed like hours, just keeping to there thoughts. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, just silent.

'Will he come back? Will he remember?' She felt her head start to throb, she was thinking to much. Plus with everything coming back at once, wasn't as easy at it sounded. She remembered everything, from a simple hello to a massive goodbye.

Her jaw clentched as the last memory of them together washed over her, she blinked away the pain.But in the back of her mind, she could still his terrifying screams. Slowly she stood from her spot, Steve quickly followed. She stood in the entrance to the guest room, she could see from the side that Steve was watching her. Waiting for an order or something.

"I don't know what to do Steve." She kept out a deep breathe, had she been holding it. "I'm his mission, so he's going to come back. He may kill me next time." She leaned against the door frame, her eyes shifted over to the dresser and stared. She had never once noticed his hat resting there, her heart ached.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that m updates have shortened, just been going through a lot so I haven't had much motivation. But I'll do my best to update more.