‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

Russian.

"What can I get for you today?" Ava asked the man at the counter, he was old probably in his seventies. His green eyes watched her and smiled.

"You are so beautiful." Ava gave him a small smile in return and waited for his order. "I'll have a coffee. Two sugers and cream." She gave him a small nod and started to make his coffee.

After giving him his coffee she made her way to a seat, it was in the far corner but she was able to get a good view of the diner. Today was pretty empty, but one person caught her eye. It was a man, his back faced her; but there was something about him. He was slight slunched over and had his head low, he wore a black hat on his head and seemed to be looking around constantly.

She swallowed the lump in her throat.

'No, its not him.'

She kept telling herself over and over again, a waitress to him order and then placed it at the kitchen. Ava quickly grabbed her co worker "What does he look like?" She asked, blocking the waitress who looked at as if she was crazy.

"I didn't see his face, the hat covered it." With that she walked past her and made her way to other customers. Ava looked at the table and narrowed her eyes, his head was tilted to the side as if watching her but the hat covered his face; so she couldn't tell.

It took a few minutes for his order to come and when it did, she quickly grabbed it and made her way over. This resulted in a glare from the girl, but she pushed it aside and stood in front of the man. "Your order." Ava placed the plate down and took a look at him, she saw the gloves he wore- black leather.

The man stared at his food, his hand balled into a fist- face hidden. Ava backed away slightly and turned her right side to him, as she walked away her hand rested on his shoulder. Giving a small squeeze she went to pull away, but was stopped by a tight grip. Looking down she could see it, she could see the metal glint untder his coat. At that moment, Ava didn't know if she should scream, run or cry.

"Vy missiya, ya ne mogu zavershit." Her heart pounded in her chest as his grip loosened on her hand, she had no idea what he said; but the way he did it. The emotion behind it, was something she was thankful for.

"What does that even mean? I hate when you speak Russian." She spoke softly as he rested his hand on the table, her eyes scanned him. He wasn't looking at her, just staring at the table.

"Eto budet etot put', poka ya ne uznat' bol'she." She licked her lips and looked back to the counter. Three customers were patiently waiting, her eyes went back to him.

"Thank you." She said, she thanked him for many reasons. He didn't kill her when he had a chance, both times. He was there, she thanked him because he was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Vy missiya, ya ne mogu zavershit- you are a mission, I can't complete.
Eto budet etot put', poka ya ne uznat' bol'she.- It will be this way until I learn more.

Hope you enjoy it.