‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

Knife.

Bucky was at her job everyday, he would always ask for her to be his waitress; but would never speak to her. He would stay to eat his food and then would leave, it always had Ava wonder as to where he had money. Was he stealing it? Did he have a bank account? But she never questioned him.

Today was different.

Today she was serving a party of ten, it was a small bachelor party and all of the men were drinking. It was pretty annoying for her to deal with, some would try and grip her ass while some had actually smacked it. A few times she watched as Bucky made a move to come over, but stopped himself.

"Listen buddy, the next time you touch me- you're out." She spoke with venom dripping from her words, the man swayed in his seat and smile a drunk sloppy smile. His hands were up in defense as if he had done nothing, so she shook her head and walked away.

"Your friend won't leave, he ordered, ate and paid." The woman spoke to her, Ava's eyes traveled over to Bucky. He sat with his hands balled into a fist and his head low, there was something wrong.

"I'll handle it." She spoke as she made her way over to him, quickly she sat across from him and instantly regretted her choice. "Bucky?"

His eyes went from the table to her, his hand gripped the steak knife as he stared at her. "You're my mission." His voice was deep as she took a deep breathe, her hands rested on the table. "They told me to kill you." She watched his grip on the blade tighten.

She looked around the diner and then back to him "Bucky, you left them." Her voice was soft, she didn't want him to freak out. "You didn't kill me, well...because you didn't want to." She watched his scan the table, he was trying to remember.

"My name is the winter soldier." His eyes met hers again, but they held confusion. "My name isn't..." He veered off and looked out of the window, his breather now a tad bit faster. She watched him, ready to be killed on the spot.

"Bucky, your names is James Buchanan 'Bucky' barnes." She leaned forward "and your in a diner, filled with people. A diner that I work at, that you visit every day." She watched as his eyes moved to her. Narrowed. She licked her lips and slightly jumped when the knife blade connected with the table, right next to her hand.

"I have to go." He stood up suddenly, his eyes connected with hers and she pulled the blade from the table. She need any more problems.

She gave him a swift nod as she left the booth, standing next to him felt weird. He towered over her, she missed the way he held her so gently. "Bye Bucky." Was the last thing she said as she left to finish her job.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there is supposed to be this massive storm in my area, two plus feet of snow. Who's not looking forward to this, me. Nor my friend, because we will be stuck here at my house with nothing to do. Yay for no cable or internet! My dog broke a toe nail, I'm pissed. Yes. It angers me because the nail didn't break off all the way.

So glad everyone likes this, thank you for everything. All of you. :)