‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

Steve.

The man brought her back to a house and had gotten her new clothing and allowed her to change, sitting on the couch with a hot cup of tea in her hands she stared off. She felt hollow as if something had been taken from her, something precious.

Her eyes looked up at the man who had walked into the room, his sheild still in his hand. Did he think she was dangerous? "Do you remember anything?" He asked softly, she looked over to the window and tried; she tried so hard to remember who she was.

"Only some small things, a room, a man screaming..." She took a sip of her hot tea and placed in on the table, the man was now in front of her kneeling. His sheild resting on the floor, but still attached to him."Who am I?" She asked staring up at the man with a sheild, his eyes soft as he looked down at her. "What happened to me?"

She saw the look on his face, anguish, pain, sorrow. She didn't even know this man and yet, he felt all of these things. She licked her lips slowly as she looked around the room, why did this place feel so familiar?Why did she feel like something was missing?

The man swallowed and sat next to her, placing the sheild against the couch; close to him. Just in case. "Do you remember Bucky?" He asked intently, she scrunched her brows and shook her head.

"Who the hell is Bucky?"

He ran a hand over his face, letting out a frustrated sigh and clenching his jaw. She watched him carefully, waiting for him to do something, say something. Instead he sat there next to her in silence, so she looked at her tea.

"Alright." He spoke, causing her to look at him. She tilted her head to one side just watching him, she didnt even know his name. She didn't even know her own name. He turned to where he could face her, his face serious.

"Your name is Ava Matthews." She nodded. Ava it felt so foreign to her.

"And your name, what is it?" She grabbed her Tea and took another sip of it while he leaned back on the couch, she could see the frustration written on his face.

"Steve Rogers, some call me Captain America." He gave a soft smile when Ava let out a snort. Captain America. Who would name themselves that? "This is your home, get some rest and tomorrow we will get some things done." He stood picking up his sheild, she watched him. "Try and get that memory of yours back " he spoke with a smile.

She didn't get up as he left, but she watched him walk to the door and give a salute before speaking to something name 'Jarvis'; telling them to lock the from door.

Leaving her alone with her thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm very glad every one likes this so far :).

I'll try to do at three update a day, but I may be busy this week. Comments are loved!