‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

Nice day.

It had been two weeks since she was found by Steve, little by little small things would come back to her; but that didn't stop the nightmares. That didn't stop her from waking up at three in the morning screaming for her dear life, Steve had moved himself into the living room at this point. He would have to pull her from her dream somehow and hold her until she calmed down.

It was agonizing for her, she felt horrible. Day after day she would tell him that she was fine, she would tell him that everything was okay. But she was lying to herself and him, she was lying to everyone.

She laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling above her like she did every morning. It became a routine of sorts, Steve would wake her up at three in the morning; she would get back to sleep at four and then wake up at six. Wake up just to stare at her ceiling for three hours straight, sighing she moved and shuffled silently out of the bed. Moving to her door she stopped when she heard talking.

"The nightmares are getting worse Fury, she can't hndle them." Steve spoke pacing the room on the phone, as she peeked out of her door. "Bucky could handle it to a point, he's a super soldier. She's not, she's a civilian." He stopped and sighed. "Alright.okay."

She pulled back into her room as he hung up his phone, who was Fury and why was Steve telling him about her? Shaking her head she waited for Steve to go down stairs before she made her way down.

"Morning." Steve spoke while holding a cup of fresh coffee.

"Morning." She gave a small smile.

They sat there silently, no one spoke a word; maybe because they didn't know what to say. She shifted and looked out of the window "Its a nice day out, we should go for a walk or something." Her voice was low but Steve could hear her and nodded in agreement.
They walked aimlessly for what seemed like hours, only talking to each other when needed; other then that they stayed pretty silent just enjoying the view.

"It doesn't bother me." Steve spoke catching Ava's attention, she gave a small 'hm' to get him to continue "the nightmares, they dokt bother me." She gave him a small nod as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"They bother me, every day. I dream the same dream, about the same person. Yet, I have no idea who he is." She leaned closer to Steve bumping her elbow into his arm, he gave a small smile but looked ahead of them.

"It should get easier, I'll help you remember him. He's a great guy, you brought out a different side of him." She looked up at him, a small smile on her face. She wanted to know so bad who this Bucky guy was and what type of connection they had.

"Yeah-" she was cut off, a large bang echoed through the streets followed by a cloud of smoke. Steve grabbed her by the arm and pulled her close "Stay close." He yelled as people came running down the street. She nodded and they pushed through the crowd, her hand wrapped around Steve's arm so that she didn't get pulled off.

"What's going on" she yelled, unable to really hear her own voice. It was then when they reached the end of the smoke cloud did she see. A dozen men carrying out large black containers, and one man stood waiting. One man that stood out, his metal arm reflecting the small amounts of sunlight.

The man she dreamed of every night, stood staring at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
BUCKY!

Thoughts?