‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

She's Dead.

"Would he have killed me?" Ava asked looking at Sam, he moved his lips around as if he was thinking. Her arms were crossed against her chest, watching him.

"I don't know." He sounded sincere and honest, rolling her eyes she leaned forward. "He tried to kill me when I first me him, ripped out my steering wheel." Ava let out a snort.

"Jesus take the wheel!" They both let out a laugh, but soon became silent again. "I watched the videos on repeat, but nothing comes back. I mean, I remember some things. A woman named Mary, Steve, You. But not everything, not him." She leaned back and rested her feet on the piece of wood under her chair.

"What about me do you remember?" Sam asked, a little to eager. Her eyes narrowed.

"They come in waves, sometimes when I'm sleeping; like a dream. Your persistent, flirty and sometimes annoying." He scoffed as she said that obviously taking offense but didn't really comment on it. But a smile was on his face, hiding the offense.

"I guess your right, but if it makes you feel better. I always did certain things to push, well...him. To see if he would react and he never did." Ava rested her arms on the table, she was intrigued. Why would he wanted to test a dangerous man, to see if they would fight?

"That's dumb." Sam looked at her a little shocked. "What if he did react? Then what?" Her eyebrows raised waiting for an answer, but none came. She guessed that he never really thought about it, how would he face The winter soldier with no weapons. Face a man protecting what was his.

"Do you remember..." He placed his hand on his chin and rubbed, thinking about a good question. "Your favorite color?" He looked over to her.

"Blue." She responded with no hesitation.

"Okay, favorite number?" He leaned on the table and her eyebrowed creesed. Confused.

"Who has a favorite number? Why would anyone have a favorite number? Color, movie, food. Okay..but number?" She shook her head with a long sighed, it baffled her.

Sam laughed, she guessed he wasn't expecting that sort of reaction from her. But he watched her closely as his finger tips hit the table in a rythem, his face falling serious. "Do you remember what happened after you met him at the store?"

Ava bit her bottom lip and thought about it, her head starting to hurt. "Snow, a car...walking to my house." She rubbed her eyes and yawned, thinking about memories was hard; how do people survive? Sam nodded his head.

"Well, he found you after Steve and I sorta destroyed some HYDRA plan. He'll find you again." A smirked played at his lips. "Hopefully this time it will be a lot more fun."

Her eyes watched him, "why does everyone keep saying that? He will find me?" It was more so a statement then a question but sounded like a question, maybe she was questioning herself. Did she want him to come back? Did he want to come back?
Another nightmare plagued her dreams, this time she wasn't able to get back to sleep. His screamed echoed in her ears and she wanted it to stop, she wanted her owns screames to muffle out his own.

Her hands were shoved into the pockets of her black hoddie, even though it was summer the night still had a small chill. Or it could have been her, not eating right or sleeping much. Her body couldn't handle low temperatures anymore. So she walked down the silent streets of Manhattan, not knowing exactly where she was going but not really caring as well.

As she could think about was him, his screams of pain. His screams for her, the way he spoke to her on the street; eagerly. As if he didn't believe she was standing in front of him, why wouldn't he believe that. Why would it seem as if she was a ghost to him?

Her feet dragged her down an ally, two large building in each side of her. A few dumbsters were scattered around, possibly holding homeless people in side of them or animals. But she kept her head down and her hands in her pocket, not trying to bring any attention to herself.

"Pochemu eto prizrak sledovat' za mnoy?" She froze when she heard his voice behind her, slowly she turned; her eyes meeting his that were somewhat covered by his hair. Her heart started to thump loudly in her chest, her breathing became shallow.

Maybe he wasn't talking to me, maybe he was talking to himself but staring at me.'

"Vy ne chto inoye, kak prizrak moyey golove." He took long strides closer to her.

"What does that even mean?!" She scrunched her brows and watched him, his step faltered as a long of confusion came over his face.

"Kto ty?" His voice now stern as his hands clentched into fists.

"English! Do you speak it?" She spoke while taking a step back, ready to run.

"Who are you?" His voice was strained as if he hadnt used English in a long time.

"Ava Matthews." She replied shyly, her hands still in her pockets.

She gasped as he pulled out a gun and pointed it at her, anger written all over his, along with coconfusion "Lzhets, chto ona mertva. Oni skazali, chto ona umerla." She cowered back as he watched her, she wanted to run but feared he would shoot her down.

So they stared at each other, waiting for one to make a move.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pochemu eto prizrak sledovat' za mnoy?- why does this ghost follow me?

Vy ne chto inoye, kak prizrak moyey golove.-You are nothing but a ghost of my mind.

Kto ty?- who are you?

Lzhets, chto ona mertva. Oni skazali, chto ona umerla-Liar she's dead, they said she was dead.

Comments? Please.