‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

Work.

She didn't know how long they stood there for, but the longer she stood there, the less fear she had. It was as if she knew deep down that he wouldn't, couldn't kill her. The way his eyes rolled over her body, taking in every movement, every article of clothing she wore.

Taking in every breathe she took.

It wasn't until someone opened a door that got him moving, he simply placed his gun back where it was and turned around. Her breathing was slow, her heart raced as she followed swiftly behind him. She wasn't thinking right, following him was a suicide mission.

"Hey.." She called out, hoping but not hoping he would stop. "Hey, how dare you hold me at gun point and not say a word." She yelled louder but he simply ignored her, as if she was ghost. "Bucky!" Her voice echoed in the ally, his body came to a halt. His head slowly turned in her direction and she had no idea what to say, so she stood there. Speechless.

His eyes stared hard at her, waiting for her to say something else. Practically begging for to say something. She let out a breathe, her hands were sweaty as she watched him.

"I-I don't know, why I did that." She muttered while her eyes slowly moved to the floor. When she looked up, he was gone. It was as if he was never there to begin with.

When she got back to her house she was greeted with silence, nothing was touched and no one had entered. So she say in her living room, staring at the black of her television. She couldn't turn it on like she wanted to, she couldn't even move.

"Ava?" She didn't jump when she heard Steve, instead she sat there biting her bottom lip.

"I worked at the diner right?" She asked without looking at him, she heard respond with a 'mhm'. She sniffles slightly as she looked at him, she ha been crying and she had no idea why. "I wanna start working again, if they hire me."

Steve made no movement towards her, he wasn't good with crying woman. It was always Bucky who helped the woman out, "you saw him?" She nodded and quickly rid of her tears. "Did he remember you?" She shook her head, it didn't matter she know him either.

"He kept talking in Russian, when he spoke in English; he asked who I was." She looked out the window "when I told him, he got mad and started yelling at me in Russian....again." 'I'm getting tired of the Russian language'. When she looked back at Steve, he was leaning against the wall with his arms folded.

"We found out where the HYDRA base is located." Steve walked into the room and sat on her small table its about a half hours walk from here, by am ally way." Her eyes widened as she looked at him, confusion all over her face. "What?"

"I saw him in an ally, or rather he saw me and started babbling in Russian." She slowly muttered while looking down at her shoes "Then held a gun to my head for a pretty long time." Steve sat up straight, his hands now rested on his knees.

"Did you know where you were going?" She shook her head. "That makes me wonder, maybe they didn't wipe you right." He watched her "Some where in your mind, your going back to the place where you last saw Bucky." She furrowed her brows. It made no sense to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So as you may know they both don't remember each other, but they have memories of each other. Obviously Bucky remembers 'Ava' but thinks or was forced to think that she is dead. So when that's why he freaked out when he saw her, of course we all know Ava will start to remember everything. But its going to be hard for Bucky.

On another note, I did some comparing. 11(well 10 not couting my rec) recs for thank you. 3 (well 2, not counting my rec) recs for this story. 30(minus my added comments) comments on thank you. 3 on here.

I do want to thank my commenters :) you are awesome. And my subscribers. :)

I will be putting action in here :)