Status: Just a one-shot right now

Nonexistent

Introduction

The apocalypse had come and went in what seemed like the difference between night and day. There was no warning, no time for preparation. Everything was completely normal, then: chaos. All across the globe. Nathan had been four years old. He, his brother Greg, and his parents had lived in a beach house on the Pacific coast. The coast had been among the first hit. It came silently, a blazing, fiery heat, followed by a freezing cold. Nathan, at the age of three, had taken to scampering off into the basement to read in the middle of the night. And in the basement he was when destruction struck the world. He was lucky in the survivalist sense. The basement was below sea-level, he had no idea of what had happened until a few hours later. He went upstairs and was met with a winter wonderland in August. His family was nowhere to be found. Nathan was smart enough to know that they hadn’t left him and that it meant something was very, very wrong.
He wasn’t the only survivor. In fact, there were many others, the elite making up a hearty portion. They had been informed of the disaster years beforehand, had spent millions building their shelters, keeping their plans secret to the public. Still, it took a few years for governments to start anew among the survivors. Everyone wanted to be a leader. When authority was finally established, the governments began rounding up everyone, devising territories, installing computer chips in the right forearm for reasons Nathan did not know and did not care to. He did know that a new world had been created in which he was not among his loved ones. He did not want to be a part of it. So he ran, and hid, and ran some more. Meeting Liam along the way. This is how they spent the last of their time together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is the full story.