Stalked

Chapter 13

"The nerve of that guy!" Amy mutters as she unlocks her front door. She staggers in, letting the door swing shut on its own.

"Food.." She mumbles, opening the fridge door. She finds leftover Chinese.

Feeling a draft, she wonders if she left the front door open. Before looking down the hall to find out, she can see something moving from the corner of her eye, to her right. She jumps as she sees the kitchen window was has been smashed, the curtain moving from the breeze.

"What the.." She whispers, stepping closer. A bad feeling sinks in, has someone broken in, are they in the house? She panics and runs for the front door. Feeling a force stopping her, she is pulled back. Hands with black gloves grip her tightly, wrapping around her body, dragging her from the door. Screaming, Amy struggles to fight the hands off.

"Please!" She shouts. "Let me go!" She begs. Tears run down her cheeks. She is suddenly thrown to the ground, rolling over to see the man kneeling over her. He has a black hoodie on. His hood up, she can barely see his face.

"Don't..hurt...me...please... What do you want?" She speaks through her tears, her body trembling. The man doesn't answer. He just kneels over her, watching her intently. He reaches out his hand to touch her. Finding the courage, she kicks him between the legs before he gets a chance to touch her. She hears him curse, groaning in pain as she climbs away, standing up and running for the back door, closest to them. She tries the handle, but remembers it's locked and the keys are in her purse.

"Shit.." She shouts as he runs towards her. Ducking, his fist hits the wall. She runs back down the hall, but is soon tackled by him. Falling hard on the ground, he turns her over, forcing his weight on her.

"Please!" She screams. Amy can't move. He has her hands pinned down on the floor, either side of her head. This is it, she thinks.

The man then freezes, looking up towards the door.

"Hey!" Amy hears a voice coming from the door.

---

Theo reaches Amy's garden. Not quite sure what he's going to say to her, or if she'll even let him in, he tries anyway. He reaches the door, raising his hand to knock it. But he hears screams, he hears Amy screaming. He opens the door to find Amy pinned down to the ground, with a hoodied man holding her down.

"Hey!" Theo shouts. He dives in, the man gets up and Theo chases him down the hall. Catching up to him, theo grabs his hoodie, pulling him back. But the man elbows him in the stomach, and suddenly leaps out the broken window. Theo looks out, looking for where he went. He is reminded that Amy is still in the hall, he can hear her crying. Running in, he finds her huddled up against the stairs, sobbing into her hands. He kneels down, slipping his hand under her back, his other hand under her legs and picking her up. He takes her to the living room couch, sitting down with Amy on his lap, crying into neck. He feels her trembling.

"Shh it's ok, it's over.. You're safe." He whispers. Wrapping his arms around her tiny frame.

She grabs onto his shirt for dear life, as if to tell him do not let her go. He is furious. Someone is still watching her. And this time they got to her. Tightening his grip, he holds her closer as her trembling calms down.

Amy looks around the room, terrified that someone may still be in. Theo glances round the room too. He looks at her, her face is chalk white, her eyes filled with fear.

Her eyes meet his. Gently, he touches around the cut on her cheek. He holds her face in his hands, examining the small injury. Turning her face left, and then right to see if she has been hurt anymore. Couple of scrapes, she got off lucky, he's thankful.

"Thank you." She whispers, throwing her arms around his neck. It takes Theo's breath away. His hands wrapped round her waist, he rests his chin on top of her head, holding her like an infant. He dreaded to think what would have happened if he never showed up. Shuddering at the thought, he keeps her close.

"I need to make a call. We need to report this. Something I should have done last week.." He admits. Amy's grip gets tighter, she looks at him with the 'don't leave me' look.

"I'll only be in the next room. I'm not going anywhere." Theo gently lifts her off of him, sitting her down beside him. She still trembles. She sits with her bare legs folded, hugging her knees to her chest. Taking the throw from the back of the couch, he covers her in it and heads into the kitchen.

Amy watches as Theo takes his phone from his pocket and leaves her alone in the living room. She wishes she could stop shaking. Shortly after, Theo comes back and sits next to Amy. His arm wrapping round her shoulders, he pulls her into him.

"Police are on their way. They'll have questions, you ok to answer them?" Amy nods.

"You obviously can't stay here tonight." He whispers. Not replying, Amy knows this is true. But she doesn't know where to go. She knows that Lisa isn't home, the party is still going on at Chris's no doubt and her dad is very far away. As the shock wares away slowly, Amy can feel her wrist throbbing.

Soon the police and the medic team arrive. Theo stands, talking to one of the men dressed in a suit.

"Miss, I'm detective Andrew. I'm partners with Detective James. Can I ask you a few questions?" He asks. Amy looks up at him. She immediately takes a disliking to him. She doesn't like where his eyes are travelling, towards her legs. She quickly covers them with the blanket. Theo sits on the table across from Amy.

"What time did you arrive home?" Detective Andrew asks.

Trying to think, Amy doesn't remember. She shakers her head in confusion.

"I.." She mutters.

"Around 12:30." Theo says. Andrews glares at him, and writes down his notes.

"What did you do when you got home, in the house?" Andrews asks Amy.

"I went to the kitchen to get something to eat."

"And then?" He asks rudely. Amy glares up at him, and so does Theo.

"I noticed that the window was smashed to pieces. So I ran to the front door."

"And after that?" He asked.

"I got pulled back by someone. I hurt him.. Between the legs and ran to the back door but it was locked. But then he ran for me, and I just ducked. He hit the wall, and I ran to the front door. He caught me." Amy feels herself tearing up again at the thought.

"And then what happened?" Andrews asks.

Not being able to speak through her tears, he tries to take a deep breath. Theo's hand touches Amy's arm, gently rubbing his thumb up and down her forearm.

"It's ok. You can tell us." Theo whispers.

"He just pinned me down to the floor. Then.." Amy looks at Theo. He sighs and looks down to his feet."

"I walked in. I heard her scream. I chased but he got out through the window. I didn't see his face." Theo says. Paul glares at him once more.

"Can you excuse us, miss?" Andrews asked. Amy nods.

The medic team look at her wrist. It has cuts, and what looks like finger marks that've been holding on too tightly.

---

Theo follows Paul into the kitchen. Throwing daggers behind Paul's back, Theo knows what's coming.

"You didn't tell me you know her!" Paul snaps immediately turning to face him.

"Is that relevant?" Theo asks, playing dumb.

"Yes it is. Why were you here?" Paul asks.

"That's none of your business. All I know is that once I got here, this happened."

"How do you know her, Theo?"

Knowing that Theo should have reported this last week, he is expecting trouble.

"She's a friend. I helped her out last week. She said she thought she was being followed and I helped fit extra security."

"So you knew about this. Wow. You are in a lot of trouble!" He says, looking amused.

"Back off, Paul! It was reported. She called the police and they did squat! So I helped her. So stop acting smug, go back in there and do your job, the way it's supposed to be done. And be nice!" Paul shakes his head, walking past Theo without saying a word.

After more questions, Paul also suggests that Amy stay somewhere else for the night. After Andrews and the police leave, having looked for evidence and finger prints, theo sits next to Amy.

"Sorry about him." Theo apologies, embarrassed by Paul's behaviour.

Contemplating whether he should ask Amy if she would like to stay over at his, he watches her as she plays with the corner of the throw covering her lap. He notices the bandage round her wrist.

"Did he hurt your wrist?" He asks. Amy holds her arm up.

"Yeah they told me its sprained."

Sighing in frustration at the thought of what had happened, he thinks that he should ask her.

"Amy?" He asks, catching her attention. She looks up at him. Her eyes red and tired looking.

"Hmm?" She mumbles. She looks back down at her hands, fiddling with the soft blanket.

"You could stay at mine, tonight." Her head shot up so fast to look at Theo she almost felt dizzy. Trying to hold back his laughter, Theo notices her reaction. That'll be a no then.. He thinks.

He's asking me to stay over? She wonders. Why?

"Uh.. Sure." She quickly says before changing her mind. She still remembers what he done. But she needs the company, and a bed for tonight. She can be mad at him tomorrow.

Theo can't believe she said yes. Now he was fidgeting with his hands.

"Ok. Well, do you want to go upstairs to pack a bag?" He asks, standing. Nodding, Amy slowly gets up and drapes the blanket around her shoulders.

She and Theo go upstairs, into her room. Amy grabs a black overnight bag from her closet. Theo sits and watches. Grabbing underwear, a change of clothes, brush, toothbrush, and a hair tie. She throws her hair up into a bun, not making any effort to make sure it's neat. Looking at her bed, she sees her teddy bear that she has had since she was little. Ashamed to admit that she sleeps with her bear, she casually picks it up and throws it in her bag without him noticing.

Theo hides his smile, seeing her put her teddy bear in her bag. This is the second time he's been in her bedroom. He has to settle his nerves every time he's in here.

"Ok, I'm ready." She says, making him snap out of his daydream. She still wears her short black dress.

"I'll call a cab." He says.

---

Amy follows him into his apartment. He's on the 30th Floor. They didn't speak a world to each other in the elevator. It was a long way up.

"Typical.." She mutters under hear breath. Bachelor pad..

"Hmm?" He asks, looking back at her.

"Nice place." She says. The living room is open plan, next to the kitchen. The kitchen catches her eye. It's like a kitchen you see on the cooking channels.

"Nice kitchen.." She whispers.

"Thanks. I hardly use it." He says, taking her bag and motioning her to follow him. She takes a quick look at the living room as Theo leads her to where she'll be sleeping. The living room is white, with a wide screen tv up on the wall above the fireplace. A real fireplace. The furniture is cream leather, one long couch with a coffee table in the middle.

"You can sleep here.. Spare bedroom." He says, sitting her bag down on the bed.

"Do you need anything?" He asks.

"A shower?" She asks.

"Sure. Here.." He leaves the room, heading into what looks like his bedroom. He comes back holding a White robe.

"I stole this from the Hilton hotel. It's the best robe ever." He hands Amy the robe.

"Bathroom is over there.." He points.

"Thanks." As she walks to the bathroom she sees picture frames in the white walls. She thinks it must be his family. Cute, she thinks.

After showering in his enormous shower, she puts the robe on. Suddenly remembering that she was drunk tonight, the shock must have sobered her up. Heading back into the spare bedroom, she changes into her shorts and vest top. She jumps as she hears the front door knock.

"Where have you been?" She hears s girls voice, Melanie's, she's assuming.

"Mel.. Something came up tonight." Her voice sounds closer like she's marched into his apartment. Amy puts her ear to the bedroom door, listening intently.

"Mel now isn't the time." Theo snaps.

"Do you have anyone in here?" She asks.

"Crap.." Amy whispers, stepping away from the door.not wanting to interfere, or be the cause of Theo and Mel arguing, Amy takes her bag and hides it under the bed.

"No.." Amy hears Theo lie.

Amy hears her footsteps marching closer. She jumps behind the door as it swings open.

"Mel would you just stop!" Theo's voice gets louder. He's angry.

"I'm sorry I thought that you.."

"Well you thought wrong. I can't explain right now, but you need to leave. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Amy hears as he kisses her. She finally leaves, and Amy sighs a breath of relief as she sits down on the bed.

---

Did she hide?" Theo asks himself. He walks to the spare bedroom, leaning on the door frame as Amy sits at the edge of the bed.

"Thank you.." He says. Why would she do that..

"Don't worry about it.." Amy replies.

"Night, Amy." He says, closing the door behind him.

---

Amy sits up panting. She looks around, trying to remember where she is. Her dream, those hands pinning her down. She runs her fingers through her hair, suddenly remembering that she is in Theo's place. Climbing out of bed, she opens the bedroom door quietly. All the lights are out. He must be in his bed. His room being right next to hers, she listens to see if she can hear him. Slowly, she opens the door.

"Theo." She whispers. "Theo.." She whispers again. He moves, turning over to see what's going on.

"Amy, are you ok?" He asks, his voice sounded concerned.

"Look.. I don't forgive you for what you did to me. I'm so mad at you. But.. I don't want to be alone.. Can I sleep here with you tonight?"

Trying to take it all in, Theo sees the worry in her face.

"Sure.." He whispers, lifting the covers back. She climbs in, facing him as she closes her eyes.

"Thank you.." She whispers, thanking him again.

"You're welcome." He says, facing her. He watches as she feels asleep. feeling strange, he has never had a girl stay over that he's not sleeping with. It feels alien to him.